Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:16 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
useless rambling good for publication

RFK was no JFK!

what if the 1st black president wasn't an unethical, unqualified, corrupt ideolog?
Your prejudice is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
The country's last, best hope to be all it could have been. He was a far greater loss than his brother; the country has been on the wrong path ever since.
That is a matter of opinion based purely of ones ideological perspective and speculation, as to what would have happened.
When someone dies young, especially in such a tragic way, an idealist envisions all the potential greatness, but forgets the flaws and potential bad outcomes as well.

I'd also note that both JFK & RFK's (D) party is vastly different than anything they would recognize today. Neither could win the nomination under the current leftist DNC platform.
Sadly any (D) potus, even up to and including Bill Clinton would be way too moderate for the rabid liberals of today.
Needless to say Truman and the Kennedy brothers would stand a chance with messages of personal responsibility and service to ones country.

`

Old 06-06-2018, 01:02 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is a matter of opinion based purely of ones ideological perspective and speculation, as to what would have happened.
When someone dies young, especially in such a tragic way, an idealist envisions all the potential greatness, but forgets the flaws and potential bad outcomes as well.

I'd also note that both JFK & RFK's (D) party is vastly different than anything they would recognize today.
Neither could win the nomination under the current leftist DNC platform.
Sadly any (D) potus, even up to and including Bill Clinton would be way too moderate for the rabid liberals of today.
Needless to say Truman and the Kennedy brothers would stand a chance with messages of personal responsibility and service to ones country.

`

And Eisenhower would recognize today's GOP?

Old 06-06-2018, 01:13 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And? What happens when their replacement gets us involved in some other stupid conflict? No, I'd rather limit their power from the beginning, let 535 people take their own futures into consideration before pulling any triggers.
It isn't going to happen so I guess you are saying that you will just continue to support those who lie to you.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:18 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It isn't going to happen so I guess you are saying that you will just continue to support those who lie to you.
Do you really believe you support people who don't lie to you?

What I'm going to support is the man/woman I believe gives us the best chance at a policy of non-interventionism.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:26 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Do you really believe you support people who don't lie to you?
I've asked many times.........what lies did Bernie Sanders tell?

Quote:
What I'm going to support is the man/woman I believe gives us the best chance at a policy of non-interventionism.
That wasn't Hillary and yet............back to the idea that people don't support the wars. They lie.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:54 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Buffet was and is a scam artists. You will note that we never see where an increase on capital gains is forwarded. That is where Buffet would get hit. A cut or increase on income taxes does little to Buffet.

I would only add that almost all the cuts to the top income tax rate occurred while Democrats controlled both Houses of Congress.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:56 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
And Eisenhower would recognize today's GOP?
Much more so than the examples I gave.

It is a carefully crafted false liberal narrative that the Republican party has gone hard right, and the gullible people that accept that are so far left, even moderation seems like radical right.

What I like to suggest to people is not take my or anyone's word for it, because we of course come with our own compass that might have some magnetic deviation based on our ideology.
Thus I suggest they look at the official RNC & DNC platforms during the various presidential election years, and see which one has gone astray. They can go from as many as 50 years ago, to as little as the 80's-90's with Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton's presidencies.
Then they can see for themselves how much has recently changed or stayed the same when it comes to the two parties.
For those who believe it is the (R's) who have gone hard right, vs. instead of the (D's) having gone far left, you will not like what you find.

Then once you discover with your own eyes how far off your compass has drifted from north, you must really do a deep dive to discover what skewed/warped your belief to that degree. That is where it gets really interesting.

`

Old 06-06-2018, 02:18 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
That's got to be the stupidest post I've read all day.

So what? By your logic, nobody's qualified to be a firefighter unless they've had a house burn down. Nobody can be a brain surgeon unless they've had brain cancer, and no attorney can defend a bank robber unless they've robbed a bank.

Where do you people come up with this utter nonsense?

Sorry.

I suppose I should slow this down for you.

Yes, he was moved by all the suffering he witnessed, just not enough to give up his own obscene Kennedy wealth.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:20 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Hard to say what 'might have been' but I believe he was a far, far better choice than Nixon.
Why? Because he molested interns and political staffers with his brother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies