Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 11:12 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I'm trying to be objective with this all, especially as someone who lives in Philly and is extremely proud of what the Eagles accomplished.

To me recollection, when a sports team was invited to the White House under the Obama administration, all the players showed up. Every single team who was invited went.

But now, in protest to Trump, players and teams (Golden State, Eagles) are opting out because of their dislike from President Trump and his policies. That in itself is making the visit political. It is important to remember that 74% of the NBA is black and 68% of the NFL is black. Lebron James and Steph Curry seemed more than happy to show up to the white house when Obama was president, but now, they refuse to go because the disagree with Trump's politics. If they were to put politics aside, they would put on a happy face and show up. Simple as that. So for those saying that the president is the only one making this political, try to be more objective. The President is more than willing to invite them, but players are injecting their politics into an amazing opportunity by refusing to go.

I am at the point where we should just get rid of these visits all together. They serve zero purpose. These athletes already get enough accolades to fill their egos. Why do they need the president's?
Trump has interjected himself into the NFL making it political and saying these players should be fired. And the son of a ***** comments about Kaepernick made it so much worse. There is no law saying we have to stand for the anthem. Plus this wasn’t even about the anthem. This is not about politics for the players. It’s about trump not understanding or acknowledging what it was really about.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump completely shot these aholes out of the water with this move. This might alone kill the protest movement in the NFL.

Now they have to face their fans and the teammates who actually respect this country and the office of the POTUS. They were DENIED because of their lack of respect.

Sorry, you are disinvited!

Perfect
You just don’t understand this was not about the anthem. Oh no this won’t kill the movement in the NFL. It will probably kill trumps chances of winning Pennsylvania again lol. You don’t want to up against eagle fans. Have you ever been to a game there.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
While it sucks for those team members who were willing to go, at the end of the day the boycotting members would be a slight against the White House so I can't blame President Trump for disinviting the team. It seems that the only patriotic, non-radical professional sports league we have in this country is the NHL.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Go Pats!
Go where? The losing locker room?

Old 06-04-2018, 11:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
back in feb the eagles were saying screw to the whitehouse,

the team that ''won'', showed just how disrespectful they were to their country

these are articles from FEBRUARY
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...t-white-house/

Several Eagles players won't visit White House, Trump following Super Bowl win - Philly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.787774125c0f

philly showed no-brotherly love

Old 06-04-2018, 11:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You just don’t understand this was not about the anthem. Oh no this won’t kill the movement in the NFL. It will probably kill trumps chances of winning Pennsylvania again lol. You don’t want to up against eagle fans. Have you ever been to a game there.
eagles ''fans''' are some of the most disrespectful bunch around

your team wins, and you DESTROY a convenience store....why???

https://globalnews.ca/news/4006017/p...uper-bowl-win/

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/nfl/w...ight/75251898/

Old 06-04-2018, 11:34 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Can you use your words please.

Surely you realize you said something totally outrageous: that the players who kneeled weren't doing something political. Surely you knew that the question marks were a request for an explanation of your most extraordinary claim.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Oh no, I don’t care at all. But I’m sure the people of Pennsylvania care. And that was my point. If you win a state by only 1 percent then you better not upset them
I seriously doubt that the people of Pennsylvania are going to get their panties in a bunch over the Eagles not getting to go to the White House. Not everyone is a football fan, nor will it have any negative effect on either their fans or non fans. As usual it's just another much ado about nothing anti Trump melt down.
People are more worried about actual issues like taxes, employment, and health care just to name a few.
This.... is just " noise " from the left.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:40 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Trump has interjected himself into the NFL making it political and saying these players should be fired. And the son of a ***** comments about Kaepernick made it so much worse. There is no law saying we have to stand for the anthem. Plus this wasn’t even about the anthem. This is not about politics for the players. It’s about trump not understanding or acknowledging what it was really about.
It was disrespectful to the flag and the country it represents. President Trump is absolutely correct and most of the country agrees with him. Majority of polled Americans agree with Donald Trump: NFL players should stand for anthem | NJ.com

Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I hope the NFL tanks worse this year than it has been in recent years past.

What a waste of time and money. I'm gonna put the F in NFL.

The NFL loses this one, again.

Let me tell you who else loses here. Rick Eisen, Jim Rome, other ESPN sports announcers and loser liberals who don't know which side of their bread gets buttered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies