Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t trust the accounts of Israelis anymore than I trust the accounts of Arabs. You’re all biased for your side.

Yeah, sure you have.

So. Palestinians are targeted too. Big deal.
Yes I have, my father was a Consular Officer. We lived in Herzilya north of Tel Aviv. Corner of Ha’Eshel and Ha’Congress.

Israel is a armed camp due to crazy brain dead Arabs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 06:54 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
I don’t trust the accounts of Israelis anymore than I trust the accounts of Arabs. You’re all biased for your side.
So you don't trust people who did not live there, you don't trust people that did live there.

The cat has no place to die...

Old 06-08-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:

Again, I’m not listening to anyone that has never lived there, and the only accounts of the conflict I trust are journalists that have no interests on either side of the conflict.
And how would you know that they have no interest?

Old 06-08-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
No.

But perhaps one way to see who is most at fault in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is critical United Nations resolutions.

"The United Nations Human Rights Council ended its first session of the year by adopting five resolutions critical of Israel's behavior toward the Palestinians or throwing support behind their long, fruitless cause for statehood."
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...192564,00.html

And I'm in no way saying "Israel is wrong, and Palestinians are right." Rather I'm saying both sides are at fault.
So, if you have 10 people that hates you and 2 that like you, it will make you at fault?

Old 06-08-2018, 07:22 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Hell no I’m not being funny. I can’t control what you laugh at.

And Israel targets civilians all the time. They sure as hell kill a lot of civilians for a group that claims that they don’t target civilians.

Sure they say they don’t, but why should I take their word for it? Based on what? Jews can be just as ignoble as any other ethnic group.

Nonsense. They can have the peace deal that their nemesis wants to shove down their throats. Why should they accept that? Would you?

Look, these are two bad actors going at each other’s throats. Let them be...they’ll figure it out on their own or annihilate each other trying. It’s nothing to us either way.
For the most part it is retaliation, although there may be some collateral damage.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:13 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
For the most part it is retaliation, although there may be some collateral damage.
Only the weaker party needs to resort to terrorism. When the Jews were weak, they were the terrorists.

The Jews are no better than the Muslims. Neither is the good guy. The Jews are just in the stronger position because they are being backed by the United States.

So why does the United States back Israel on the one hand, and Saudi Arabia(probably the most repressive Islamic regime in the entire region) on the other?

I understand why Israel does what it does. And if I were them, I would do the same thing. But that doesn't make them the good guys.

Here is the simple truth, Israel wouldn't exist today had it not been for America and the British. And the only reason the British helped to establish Israel with the "Balfour Declaration", was because it wanted assistance from the Jewish bankers around the world to help it win WWI.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Only the weaker party needs to resort to terrorism. When the Jews were weak, they were the terrorists.
Jews never targeted British civilians. As for Arabs, there was a terror war between them, and only the radical organizations targeted civilians arabs.
Quote:
The Jews are no better than the Muslims. Neither is the good guy.
Sure. One side agrees to compromise and the other wants to annihilate the first, and "both of them the same".
Quote:
The Jews are just in the stronger position because they are being backed by the United States.
The Jews are in stronger position because Arabs are barbaric savages that don't appreciate education and science.
Quote:

Here is the simple truth, Israel wouldn't exist today had it not been for America and the British. And the only reason the British helped to establish Israel with the "Balfour Declaration", was because it wanted assistance from the Jewish bankers around the world to help it win WWI.
The simple truth is that without the British White Books a lot of Jews would escape the Nazis.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Jews never targeted British civilians. As for Arabs, there was a terror war between them, and only the radical organizations targeted civilians arabs.
The Jews were just fine with killing civilians when they were weak. And when that was the only way to further their political agenda. They stopped killing civilians when it was no longer politically-advantageous to kill civilians, not because they grew a conscience.

Quote:
Sure. One side agrees to compromise and the other wants to annihilate the first, and "both of them the same".
It would be as if China forced us to bring in millions of Russians into this country, then after those Russians got here, they decided they wanted to take half the country and start their own country. So they began blowing up government buildings, and killing pregnant American women, to force the government to grant them independence and half the country.

But, since we Americans were in the majority, we told them that we weren't going to allow them to just take half the country(since we never wanted them here in the first place). Either the country was going to stay a single country, or there would be a Civil War.

A Civil War begins, and the Russians, who were backed heavily by China, wins the war. And by winning the war, they take control of the entire country, but offer us a peace deal where we get a part of the country and our independence.

Either we can accept the peace deal, but in doing so, we lose 80% of our land, forever. Or we can refuse the peace deal and continue fighting.

And all while this is going on, the Russians, who said they would cease stealing any of the remaining land, continue to build settlements on what little territory they promised they would give us.

Quote:
The Jews are in stronger position because Arabs are barbaric savages that don't appreciate education and science.
I agree halfway. The Jews are certainly better-educated and have embraced science. But the simple truth is, without America and Britain, there would be no Israel. Almost all of the military technology comes from America, or was funded by the billions of dollars we send to Israel every year, not even including all the government contracts with Israeli technology firms.

Regardless, the reason Islamic terrorism exists, is because Arabs can't win a conventional war with Israel and America. If they could, they wouldn't resort to terrorism.

If you think the Jews are above terrorism, you don't know anything.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-08-2018 at 09:32 AM..

Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
The Jews were just fine with killing civilians when they were weak. And when that was the only way to further their political agenda. They stopped killing civilians when it was no longer politically-advantageous to kill civilians, not because they grew a conscience.
Again, the ones who targeted civilians were Lehi and Etzel, radical groups that represented about 10% of the Jewish population. The Hagana was arresting them and some time even giving them to the British or beating them. There was never political advantages in killing civilians, just retaliation.

Quote:
It would be as if China forced us to bring in millions of Russians into this country, then after those Russians got here, they decided they wanted to take half the country and start their own country. So they began blowing up government buildings, and killing pregnant American women, to force the government to grant them independence and half the country.

But, since we Americans were in the majority, we told them that we weren't going to allow them to just take half the country(since we never wanted them here in the first place). Either the country was going to stay a single country, or there would be a Civil War.

A Civil War begins, and the Russians, who were backed heavily by China, wins the war. And by winning the war, they take control of the entire country, but offer us a peace deal where we get a part of the country and our independence.

Either we can accept the peace deal, but in doing so, we lose 80% of our land, forever. Or we can refuse the peace deal and continue fighting.

And all while this is going on, the Russians, who said they would cease stealing any of the remaining land, continue to build settlements on what little territory they promised they would give us.
No, no, no, you are changing the situation. The year is 1700, there is still a British rule here. Russian immigrants are coming to the West coast by millions and buying land. They can do it because it's an open game now, there is no USA, just British colonies. They don't want to be in the same country with the Yankees, and agree to divide the land. You, on the other hand want to kick them out. So who is in the wrong?
Quote:

I agree halfway. The Jews are certainly better-educated and have embraced science. But the simple truth is, without America and Britain, there would be no Israel. Almost all of the military technology comes from America, or was funded by the billions of dollars we send to Israel every year, not even including all the government contracts with Israeli technology firms.
Until 1970 there was an embargo on exporting weapons to Israel. Since we have nukes, the interest of the world is to supply us more stuff, so we will not need to use it.
Quote:
Regardless, the reason Islamic terrorism exists, is because Arabs can't win a conventional war with Israel and America. If they could, they wouldn't resort to terrorism.

If you think the Jews are above terrorism, you don't know anything.
And how about just pure and insane hate that comes for Islam?

Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
And how about just pure and insane hate that comes for Islam?
I'm not a defender of Islam by any means. And I also realize that Islam is a religion of conquest. And if the shoe was on the other foot, they would treat the Jews no better, and probably worse.

The only reason I sympathize with the Muslims is because if I were them I would hate Israel too. If I were them, I wouldn't want to give Israel the massive amounts of land that they didn't own, and shouldn't have been entitled to.

https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog/ss:3293951

If I were them, I would be burning American flags, and refusing to accept a "peace deal" if it means I am forced to accept the borders as would be required by any peace deal.

You could argue that they would have been better off simply accepting the 1947 borders, and that they should still accept pretty much anything offered to them, since they cannot win, and they are only making things worse for themselves.

And since Israel has nukes(because of America), they are effectively untouchable.

But this notion that the Muslims are in the wrong, that the Jews are in the right, and that terrorism is only something that Muslims do, is wrong.

And even if the Jews are better-educated, that doesn't mean they have the right to the land. Especially since, as I said, without the Western powers backing them, and providing them with weapons and support, tiny Israel and world Jewry could never have stood up against the hundreds of millions of Muslims that surround them.

Which is why the United States has provided Israel with billions every year in military and economic aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies