Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,830,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

LOL, most of the "pro-birth" arguments in this thread are absurd.
Maybe to the pro abortionist. They are not absurd to the pro life proponents.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You might feel differently if you were ever in a position to be contemplating it, and there were people telling you, "Nope, we're going to force you to carry and deliver that pregnancy, whether you want to or not."

That is what "personally" means, Lily. And it's obvious you "personally" have never had to deal with it, or you might suddenly find you have an opinion one way or the other.

But just continuing to repeat this line over and over again adds nothing to the conversation.
Duh, you chose to focus on that line, not my problem.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:46 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,830,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, then let me make myself clear,

When i said, "I won't touch the abortion DEBATE with a ten foot pole" I just meant

pro life vs pro choice is not that absolute to me. I can see both sides of the arguments.

Better?
You can debate abortion as much as you want to here. Or not. I never said otherwise.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You can debate abortion as much as you want to here. Or not. I never said otherwise.
well, obviously i need to make myself clear when I said, "I won't touch the abortion DEBATE with a ten foot pole"

If there is a confusion, I need to make myself clear. That is all. ALL i have said is I can see both sides of the arguments. Osbourne shared a personal experience, there is no reasons to overanalyze it. She does not speak for all women. I don't judge either way.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:52 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice
So rich people should not be allowed to have abortions then, only poor people, by your logic.

Rich people can afford kids. So they can pay for them. According to you. Do you support a ban on abortions per income level? That's exactly what you are saying. Background financial check at PP. Sorry you have too much money ... NEXT!

Good grief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Good grief, indeed, because that's not at all what was said. There's some real comprehension problems going on here.

How does the cold, hard fact that Trump and his Trumpettes are bent on cutting SNAP, Medicaid, and public assistance translate into not allowing rich people to have abortions? The logic is lost on me, as it would be on any reasonable person.
LOL. That's the same poster who said women were calling up Planned Parenthood clinics and making appointments for procedures, only to find out when they arrived that the procedure they made the appointment for wasn't offered. As if you can make an appointment for something that doesn't exist.

So no, we're not dealing with high intelligence here.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If, as you continually say, you are not going to get into this debate, what on earth are you doing here, posting that statement over and over again?

Hey, everyone, Lilyflower is not going to give her opinion on this topic. And in case you don't know it by now, she will continue to inform you of that again and again.

Serious question--why come into a thread simply to announce you will not discuss the topic at hand?
I never said I will not give my OPINION.

I said, nothing good will come out of abortion DEBATE in my opinion because

unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life. So I can see both sides of the arguments.

That is all.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:59 AM

41,880 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
Maybe to the pro abortionist. They are not absurd to the pro life proponents.
If your (the group "your", not just you) arguments weren't so logically fallacious, I might consider this as possible. Alas, the arguments are not logical.

PS - It's not "pro abortionist". It's pro-choice. As in: If you don't want to have an abortion, you may choose not to have one.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:59 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, then let me make myself clear,

When i said, "I won't touch the abortion DEBATE with a ten foot pole" I just meant

pro life vs pro choice is not that absolute to me. I can see both sides of the arguments.

Better?
It's anti choice vs. pro choice, btw, regardless of what the anti choicer crowd labels the issue. Just a another smarmy play on words by the folks that bring you all the other BS that contradict their actual actions.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's anti choice vs. pro choice, btw, regardless of what the anti choicer crowd labels the issue. Just a another smarmy play on words by the folks that bring you all the other BS that contradict their actual actions.
Probably not that simple. But, I respect your opinion.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 AM

36,224 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Sadly, yes.
IDK. What is really sad to me is seeing already real born babies unwanted, abused, abandoned, doomed to a life of poverty, welfare and dysfunction, addiction and crime before they have even begun. Seeing the desperation in women that know all hope for their future is gone. Women that due to pregnancy drop out of school, lose their job, are abandoned by the father or their families, wreaked homes and marriages and relationships.
The termination of a fetus I never knew even existed doesn't make me sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.