Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 07:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
FYI democrats voted down the republican heath plan....

One other point I would make. You call Trump rallies dog and pony shows... what did you call the hundreds of rallies Obama held almost weekly for eight years? Did you complain when Obama flew to Hawaii and played golf while the world burned?
did you forget that not all Republicans voted for it either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I wonder how many doctors will actually see them. I can't tell you how many doctors' offices I go into with the sign up "We don't take Medicare patients." If a doctor doesn't feel they can get reimbursed, they won't accept the patient. I sure hope his new law has a provision for this.
Florida has the largest concentration of seniors, thus Medicare patients. No shortage of billboard ads touting acceptance of Medicare- almost as many ads as personal injury lawyers.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Veterans can now see any doctor and have the government pay for it if a Veterans Hospital can't see them in a timely manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OR5PfX_4j0
The Veterans Choice Program was started in 2014 that allows some veterans in some situations to seek healthcare independent of the VA.

Sanders and McCain were big backers of this bill.

Jeff Sessions voted against it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vete...cy_Act_of_2014

Trump signed an extension of this program a few days ago.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Is there a link to the actual law itself???

Old 06-08-2018, 09:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The Veterans Choice Program was started in 2014 that allows some veterans in some situations to seek healthcare independent of the VA.

Sanders and McCain were big backers of this bill.

Jeff Sessions voted against it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vete...cy_Act_of_2014

Trump signed an extension of this program a few days ago.
So this is actually an OBAMA PROGRAM that trump has extended!

Old 06-08-2018, 09:49 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
I wonder how many doctors will actually see them. I can't tell you how many doctors' offices I go into with the sign up "We don't take Medicare patients." If a doctor doesn't feel they can get reimbursed, they won't accept the patient. I sure hope his new law has a provision for this.

Every time a doctor or medical clinic refuses to see Medicare/Medicaid patients and now, VA patients, they are speeding up the time, when a universal health care program will be put in place. Then, their fees may all be reduced. Many doctors and clinics agree to take a fair share of Medicare/Medicaid patients and are doing their part to allow those programs to work. They are voluntarily doing this, as they know that they would all be forced to see these patients, if they were shut-out by all practitioners.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They blocked some 500 bills while Obama was President. (well according to Obama -- so let's say that is a generous number)

Glad to see our politicians getting something constructive done. This should have been one of the first things done last year but better late than never right.

I assume you mean Harry Reid block about 500 bills while Obama was President.

Quote:
In the "do-nothing Senate," there are 352 House bills "sitting on Harry Reid’s desk awaiting action," including 55 introduced by Democrats.

Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for 'do-nothing Senate' | PolitiFact

Old 06-09-2018, 08:03 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
What a provision to force the doctors to work for free?

Old 06-09-2018, 08:08 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
This a good thing for veterans who live a distance from Veterans hospitals. Good for Trump looking out for our Veterans, something Obama was lacking.
Please, vets must be the biggest single welfare recipient bloc there is

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What a provision to force the doctors to work for free?
Work for free or not be reimbursed for the price the Doctor charged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies