Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,012,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'll agree and add as long as my TAX dollars are not used for poor
choices and misguided attitudes....
Your tax dollars are used for that all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 03:50 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,494,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Your tax dollars are used for that all the time.

I'm very well aware of this, The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 PM

1,323 posts, read 584,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Maybe consult a dictionary on how a medical condition is defined:

medical condition

A disease, illness or injury; any physiologic, mental or psychological condition or disorder (e.g., orthopaedic; visual, speech or hearing impairments; cerebral palsy; epilepsy; muscular dystrophy; multiple sclerosis; cancer; coronary artery disease; diabetes; mental retardation; emotional or mental illness; specific learning disabilities; HIV disease; TB; drug addiction; alcoholism). A biological or psychological state which is within the range of normal human variation is not a medical condition.

If you think pregnancy fulfils any of those, you're sick in the head.

So when my second son and I almost died during his second trimester, when the placenta was trying to kill both of us, I guess that wouldn't be considered a medical condition?

Old 06-12-2018, 04:13 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I disagree. All fertilized eggs are like seeds with inherent potentiality and no one knows what path those eggs will take.

Also, I didn't make a statement regarding your postition on abortion and it's irrelevant to this discussion.
So are all unfertilized eggs, also all sperm.

You are entitled to your beliefs.

You seemed not to be able to distinguish between my position and my "devil's advocacy".

Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM

1,323 posts, read 584,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
So are all unfertilized eggs, also all sperm.

You are entitled to your beliefs.

You seemed not to be able to distinguish between my position and my "devil's advocacy".
Sure, unfertilized eggs also have potential, which is why religion is against masturbation, wasted seed and whatnot. But certainly there's more potential once the egg and sperm have found each other.

As to your last point, that's obvious. Not sure why you think otherwise. You presented an argument and I presented a counter.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why does it move away from a cannula that is trying to suck its limbs off? Why does it struggle to survive?

Physics says it would just get sucked away, no reaction, if it is not sentient -- your word.

But that's not what happens. It tries to swim away. It's sentient, your word that you chose as definition of proof, and by definition by Webster: "able to perceive or feel" Sentient. You chose that word, now you deny it's definition.

You need to stop lying to yourself. Last time I engage you. I cannot continue to debate with someone who refuses to see truth as they have defined it. Cognitive dissonance. Hellbent on killing, sentient be damned.
You clearly do not understand the function of pain receptors.

Some plants recoil from touch, the Mimosa Pudica is an example. it is not sentient nor does it have pain receptors

A snail when touched will react by going into its shell, it does not feel pain and is not sentient.

Your definition of sentience would mean that bacteria are sentient, most people would disagree and believe that sentience describes self awareness or consciousness.

The junk science on liveaction.com or any of the other anti-abortion sites is just that...junk.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:36 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,874,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You clearly do not understand the function of pain receptors.

Some plants recoil from touch, the Mimosa Pudica is an example. it is not sentient nor does it have pain receptors

A snail when touched will react by going into its shell, it does not feel pain and is not sentient.

Your definition of sentience would mean that bacteria are sentient, most people would disagree and believe that sentience describes self awareness or consciousness.

The junk science on liveaction.com or any of the other anti-abortion sites is just that...junk.
You apparently don't understand what life is.

I've never heard of that website.

I suggest you take it up with Webster as to the meaning of the word sentient. You apparently don't understand a dictionary either.

Hellbent on killing and embracing death culture. Sick sick world. Margaret Sanger, eugenicist and racist, would be so proud of her accomplishments.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You apparently don't understand what life is.
I've never heard of that website.
I suggest you take it up with Webster as to the meaning of the word sentient. You apparently don't understand a dictionary either.
Hellbent on killing and embracing death culture. Sick sick world. Margaret Sanger, eugenicist and racist, would be so proud of her accomplishments.
There is no point in us continuing this discussion, but I do have a question that I posed to you previously and it has gone unanswered. You said that it is permissible for a 13 year old girl to have an abortion, so can you explain how you can justify abortion for a 13 year old, but not a girl who is 14 or 15?

Old 06-12-2018, 06:15 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,662,297 times
I still can't believe we are having the abortion discussion in 2018. A woman's right to make medical decisions regarding her own body trumps the rights of the embryo using her body as a life support system.

Lastly, there are almost 8bil people on this planet. We don't need anymore unwanted babies or people living in poverty.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,465,853 times
For any evangelicals or baptists on this thread I have a question. Why did it take till 1980 to take a pro-life position? Why were you pro-abortion before that? What changed your position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies