Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:00 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are misunderstanding.
I have said for argument sake to those who say rape incest, etc., as to WHY abortion is "good" is: I will GIVE you those. For argument's sake. That 1.5% of ALL abortions, let's take it off the table, point for you.
So let's look at the rest of the abortions. What's your argument in favor of the other 98.5%? Those are bad right? Shouldn't ever happen?
They never answer. Because they do NOT need/want a specific reason -- rape/incest -- to support abortion. They think it's fine and dandy to kill any baby in the womb, no problem. It's a smokescreen argument, it's meaningless because it does not matter to them whether the woman was raped, was poor, was a one night stand, etc.
Another example: well those women are so poor, they can't afford another kid. Ok, great. So you think only poor women should get abortions? Rich people shouldn't be allowed because they have money they can afford, right? According to the argument ...
Never get a response to that either.
Because the reason doesn't matter. They want to klll kill kill at all times.
Putting these suppositions forward shows that the pro abortion crowd considers all abortion = good. Reasons unnecessary. Puling examples is unnecessary. Because they do not care about any reasons, these are unauthentic, smokescreen and mirror arguments -- which truly do not matter to proabortionists. Because, well, babies should die for any and every reason.
I do not understand how you can claim that abortion is murder but that murder is ok once in awhile, that's pure hypocrisy. This is not about me being in favor of abortion, on a personal level I'm not. I've never had an abortion and never even contemplated having one, but I support the right of a woman to make that decision with her doctor, I don't think it is a decision that should be legislated or controlled by the government.

I think that it's better to abort a non viable fetus than to force a woman to give birth to a baby she doesn't want or can't care for. There are not enough adoptive parents for all the non white, non perfect babies - many of them go to foster care and 1/4 of foster kids end up homeless, why would any one who is "pro-life" wish that kind of existence on a child? I could respect the position of the anti-abortion crowd if they quit wagging their finger at people about abortion and started adopting some of the nearly 200,000 kids who are in foster care and are available for adoption. https://rewire.news/article/2014/10/...-choicers-say/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:15 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I do not understand how you can claim that abortion is murder but that murder is ok once in awhile, that's pure hypocrisy. This is not about me being in favor of abortion, on a personal level I'm not. I've never had an abortion and never even contemplated having one, but I support the right of a woman to make that decision with her doctor, I don't think it is a decision that should be legislated or controlled by the government.

I think that it's better to abort a non viable fetus than to force a woman to give birth to a baby she doesn't want or can't care for. There are not enough adoptive parents for all the non white, non perfect babies - many of them go to foster care and 1/4 of foster kids end up homeless, why would any one who is "pro-life" wish that kind of existence on a child? I could respect the position of the anti-abortion crowd if they quit wagging their finger at people about abortion and started adopting some of the nearly 200,000 kids who are in foster care and are available for adoption. https://rewire.news/article/2014/10/...-choicers-say/
They are only pro-life until birth.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Since baby's are independent we should also just leave them alone to survive independently. They can fend for themselves. They need no breastmilk. They can feed themselves.
Right babies can survive outside the womb. Most of them are wanted but the ones that are left alone to survive without their mothers care are cared for by other adults. So a fetus according to you is the same so why don't we remove them at any stage of development since they are not part of the mothers body and they can be cared for by another just as babies are?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:12 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Have to ask. With all of this championing the line "My body, my choice!" Why aren't these same people protesting the right to do recreational drugs or to prostitution? Shouldn't this fall under the same classifications?
How do you know they’re not?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:22 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
How do you know they’re not?
It's a common misconception among the small minded to think there are only two "teams" and each group all fall within the same political lines.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:19 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
I never understood that controversy between so called pro-life and pro-choice (here, in my country, it is called anti-abortion and pro-choice, that fits better, I think).

The real debate is pro-safe abortion or con-safe abortion because no matter what you wish for, there will ALWAYS be and have always been women who are DESPERATE enough to seek for an abortion, either with help (illegally) or by themselves (dangerously).

Every stat shows that there are no more or fewer abortions, whether it's legal or not.

So the question is, in my mind, do you want these women dying or not? Because, many, faced with an unwanted pregnancy (for reasons that are their own) WILL still try, risking their own life to do so.

Do these women's lives not matter or (as is often the case) do the lives of their already born children growing up without a mother not matter?

One needs to answer this straight.

Another "idea" is to educate youngers towards contraception, sex, etc. And NOT expect their parents to do so, because lots won't. THAT reduces abortions. Just see the drastic differences in teenage pregnancies between the US and Europe (or even Canada, I believe)

Last edited by personne; 06-15-2018 at 05:28 AM..

Old 06-15-2018, 05:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Still not understanding my point.

I am saying to the proabortionist: I hear your reason. It involves 1.5% of ALL abortions. So let's say for the SAKE OF ARGUMENT, that I am AGREEING with your argument.. So let's take it off the table, and move beyond your 100% support for any/all abortions because of 1.5% of abortions.

Let's examine the other 98.5%. Since rape/incest is your ONLY ARGUMENT that you are presenting, you would then AGREE that abortion is BAD for the other 98.5%, correct? Since your reason for abortion is for rape/incest. So you can then AGREE that the other 98.5% are WRONG.

And they will never agree to that. Substitute wealth/poor or any of the other arguments, and you find the same nonresponse. Because the REASON does not matter. They want abortions all the time, ondemand, free for everyone, no reason beyond because, abortion, not just for the poor, not just for the raped, not just for incest.

The *reason* they are presenting does. not. matter. Because they want abortions for ANY REASON. The argument that they are standing firmly behind is BS.

I can't explain it any clearer.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Right babies can survive outside the womb. Most of them are wanted but the ones that are left alone to survive without their mothers care are cared for by other adults. So a fetus according to you is the same so why don't we remove them at any stage of development since they are not part of the mothers body and they can be cared for by another just as babies are?
Right, it needs proper care. And proper care for a developing baby is in it's mothers womb. So we should let it receive the care it needs as it develops, just like an infant needs care from a mother once it is outside the womb.

Same baby. Different stages of development. Toddlers need different care, too. So do elderly adults. And we all recognize this as different needs along the lifespan. Which starts at conception, because THAT is when the life begins growing and developing. We don't take a toddler and stick it BACK in the womb and say here, develop. It's not the correct stage of development.

Life doesn't suddenly show up from nowhere as an infant the day it is out of the womb. It begins developing step by step once it is conceived, and continues through different stages of development until the person dies, hopefully when elderly after a long life.

Continuing to deny that life exists doesn't make it NOT exist.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:18 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Have to ask. With all of this championing the line "My body, my choice!" Why aren't these same people protesting the right to do recreational drugs or to prostitution? Shouldn't this fall under the same classifications?

Because they don't want to do drugs or be prostitutes.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
How is it that a pregnant mother has a right to her body, but an unborn baby does not have a right to his/hers? If pregnancy can so endanger the life of the mother that laws should allow her to punish the child, why shouldn’t the law punish a mother who endangers the life of her unborn child? If a mother has a right to what is inside her body, why doesn’t an unborn baby have a right to what is outside it’s body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies