Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

More info on the time line, etc., that wasn't previously disclosed:

Bourdain's final days

Warning: NSFW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 06:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
I read about half of it (it's long) and get the gist of it. I always thought Argento was a fraud with her story of Weinstein forcing oral sex on her and then dating him for years afterward. So Bourdain was head over heals for her, she was cheating on him, he was heartbroken and depressive to start with & he killed himself. Argento quickly inserted herself as the victim/survivor once again, this time of Bourdain and suicide. She's a scumbag. It would be nice if no one gave her any more ink, but this is how Hollywood works. No talents become famous for stuff like this. I avoid nearly all Hollywood movies, don't give a damn about celebrity's private lives, don't do instagram, twitter, etc. If people like that are going to get rich, it won't be off of me.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:21 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
Good article. Pretty much what a lot of people thought already, but no one actually printed. This is what happens when a person doesn't face reality. In the end, living in phantasy is deadly. Tony was truly mind-screwed, but all he needed to do was charter a jet and go home, claiming illness, and take the time he needed to straighten his head out.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:27 PM

I doubt anyone will be making her a star. She'll be on the edges of show business for the next decade or two like Courtney Love after Kurt Cobain killed himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I read about half of it (it's long) and get the gist of it. I always thought Argento was a fraud with her story of Weinstein forcing oral sex on her and then dating him for years afterward. So Bourdain was head over heals for her, she was cheating on him, he was heartbroken and depressive to start with & he killed himself. Argento quickly inserted herself as the victim/survivor once again, this time of Bourdain and suicide. She's a scumbag. It would be nice if no one gave her any more ink, but this is how Hollywood works. No talents become famous for stuff like this. I avoid nearly all Hollywood movies, don't give a damn about celebrity's private lives, don't do instagram, twitter, etc. If people like that are going to get rich, it won't be off of me.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
The article is blaming his girlfriend for his suicide. Disgusting for someone to place such blame on someone else.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:52 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The article is blaming his girlfriend for his suicide. Disgusting for someone to place such blame on someone else.
I agree. No matter what, it was his life and his responsibility.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:21 PM

Actually the article is blaming her for capitalizing on his suicide. Also pointing out after she was orally "raped" by Weinstein she became his girlfirend for two years. The girl comes off as a user, a liar, and an opportunist. Her friend, speaking for her, claimed she was victimized first by rape and then by suicide. Sort of reminds me of a Law and Order TV episode where a man who kills his wife is trying to get bail and his lawyer asks the court to grant bail because the guy just lost his wife. Agreed suicide is the fault of the person who commits it, though sometimes they just can't think straight, and probably wouldn't have done it absent being screwed over and humiliated. I personally knew a 25 year employee in my company who threw himself in front of a subway the day he got fired, because he couldn't face his wife and kids. Would he have done it if his boss just gave him a reprimand and a second chance? I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Well, it's not letting me in to read the whole thing without signing up for an account and no. Just no.
I think we have to keep in mind that this is an opinion piece.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:28 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I personally knew a 25 year employee in my company who threw himself in front of a subway the day he got fired, because he couldn't face his wife and kids. Would he have done it if his boss just gave him a reprimand and a second chance? I don't think so.
That still makes it zero percent the boss's fault. So I don't see the point of even mentioning being reprimanded or screwed over or humiliated because normally functioning, non-mentally ill people don't do stuff like that because of a set-back. Even mentally ill people don't just jump to suicide. Once you're contemplating suicide, any semblance of proper brain functioning and rational thought have left the room.

Trying to pin any of this on this woman (whoever the heck she is) is asinine and toxic.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:47 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, it's not letting me in to read the whole thing without signing up for an account and no. Just no.
I think we have to keep in mind that this is an opinion piece.
That's odd. I was able to access the entire article plus the time line for free. Anyway, the article does cite facts and provides links. The photos of Argento and the man she was cheating with are real. Her instagram fight with Bourdain is real. The fact that Argento had a 2 year consensual sexual relationship with Weinstein following the alleged "rape" is real, which casts doubt on her accusation of "rape." How many times have we seen news stories about women making false rape accusations simply because they changed their minds after consensual sexual relationships/encounters? Argento is a liar and an opportunist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies