Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,694,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
We are talking drugs that suppress Testosterone in the case of male to female trans athletes, not increase it.
You can chemically reduce the testosterone. That's just one tiny part of it. If a man is 6'10" and fully transitions, "she" is still 6'10". Height is a huge advantage in most sports. Men have larger hand and feet. This too is an advantage in most sports. Men's upper bodies are built for power. Likewise, muscles that grow up on testosterone are stronger per square inch than girl muscles. There are bone structure issues. Testosterone causes your bones to be denser. It causes all of your joints to be built for power. Your hips and upper body are built for power. Estrogen makes your bones baby-friendly, less dense, muscles weaker, hips built for child-birth and not power and generally the opposite of all the things testosterone does for men.

Yes you can go on estrogen and testosterone blocking hormones, but there's a long list of advantages that it simply cannot undo. The average trans-woman is simply going to be taller, faster, stronger and better suited for athletic competition than the average biological woman. A biological woman's knees, elbows, hands and feet end up structurally weaker and smaller than a man's. A trans-woman gets an unfair advantage in all of those things.

There is a very good reason that the women and girls have their own sports teams. The best of the best women could never hope to compete against the best of the best men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 04:02 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,288,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I know someone who went female to male. The testosterone gives them a much bigger advantage then you might think. The beating might not go as you seem to imply.
An acquaintance owns a small boxing club that's become very popular with women. Mostly it's the intense exercise, but every Friday night he has the Friday Nights fights. They are very popular with his customers. Each match is three rounds long, two minutes a round with full head-gear in a full size boxing ring.. He now has two men competing as women and it's causing a problem. I live in the bluest county of the blue state of NY so everyone is very "sensitive", but when you're getting punched silly you start to feel differently. He's terrified of telling the trans they can't box women and ending up in the news, but he's terrified of being sued by a woman after she's knocked out by a guy.

I just listen and marvel how effed up society has gotten.

Last edited by Dockside; 06-08-2018 at 04:26 PM..

Old 06-08-2018, 04:17 PM

950 posts, read 737,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You don't get to decide that!
No, evolution has decided it.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:31 PM

6,251 posts, read 5,040,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
No. Simple as that.

No way. No how.

Self-esteem. Self actualization. Female athletic records. Scholarships. Pro-sport opportunities. Speaking fees. Endorsements. This males competing with females garbage is devastating on so many levels.

This type of BS has set women (women - not just womens sports) back more than most of you guys realize.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:35 PM

34,252 posts, read 19,254,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
An acquaintance owns a small boxing club that's become very popular with women. Mostly it's the intense exercise, but every Friday night he has the Friday Nights fights. They are very popular with his customers. Each match is three rounds long, two minutes a round with full head-gear in a full size boxing ring.. He now has two men competing as women and it's causing a problem. I live in the bluest county of the blue state of NY so everyone is very "sensitive", but when you're getting punched silly you start to feel differently. He's terrified of telling the trans they can't box women and ending up in the news, but he's terrified of being sued by a woman after she's knocked out by a guy.

I just listen and marvel how effed up society has gotten.

Advise him to sit down with a lawyer and ask advice. Even if the lawyer picks the wrong answer he can mitigate damages by showing that he was concerned about it and sought legal advice that he then followed.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:41 PM

6,251 posts, read 5,040,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
There have been trans females competing in college sports and pro hockey as females for several years now. Just had 5 compete in the Boston Marathon.

The rules say they must be on testosterone suppression therapy for 12 months. No signs of clear advantages thus far. Although there may be a slight advantage when it comes to strength there are actually dis-advantages when it comes to speed and stamina which has created a level playing field. Since there could be advantages in strength a sport like weight lifting or combat sports may need more consideration.

Now I know many will have their opinions without having any knowledge of the subject but it is what it is.

Now in the case of HS sports, policies should further be developed to be in accordance with those of the NCAA or IOC.
There is more than a slight advantage when it comes to physical strength

Men have a larger musculature, larger hearts, larger lungs - they have distinct advantages over women when it comes to both speed and stamina. Men also have more fast twitch muscle fibers than women (giving them an advantage in both overall strength and every fast-twitch muscle fiber dominant sport - which is every sport except endurance sports).

Women have more slow twitch muscle fibers which makes them more fatigue resistant. I was an adventure racer so I saw this for years.

I've been educated in this, worked in this, and was a state champion in two different sports (judo and karate) and competed at the national level in a different sport (adventure racing).

I'm not kidding. This trend will be devastating to girls and women on so many levels.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:42 PM

10,193 posts, read 6,251,839 times
My daughter started playing boys ice hockey 23 years ago. Defense; meaning checking MALES. If she as a female could compete on a male team against boys, why not a trans? If you have never watched women's hockey at the upper levels, you are clueless how brutal it can get. Any wimpy male, solely based on his gender, wouldn't stand a chance.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:51 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,374,034 times
Are women okay with getting punched and kicked by men, with male muscles and wigs, in martial arts and MMA competitions?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/tr...aks-her-eye-so

Are women tennis players okay with being dominated with no hope of winning, ever?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.898d0c46b15f

Are women okay wih having their sports essentially ruined by even mediocre male athletes who far outclass them in strength and overall build?

Are women okay with being ridiculed and harassed into competing with men who stand a good chance of critically hurting them?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-fox-joe-rogan

If so, let the men with wigs compete with the women.

Though, no one that I have any influence over will be stepping anywhere near a ring, court, nor field with a male, and his supporters, who is so mentally ill that he demands that everyone else join him in his delusion.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:54 PM

4,771 posts, read 3,266,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You can chemically reduce the testosterone. That's just one tiny part of it. If a man is 6'10" and fully transitions, "she" is still 6'10". Height is a huge advantage in most sports. Men have larger hand and feet. This too is an advantage in most sports. Men's upper bodies are built for power. Likewise, muscles that grow up on testosterone are stronger per square inch than girl muscles. There are bone structure issues. Testosterone causes your bones to be denser. It causes all of your joints to be built for power. Your hips and upper body are built for power. Estrogen makes your bones baby-friendly, less dense, muscles weaker, hips built for child-birth and not power and generally the opposite of all the things testosterone does for men.

Yes you can go on estrogen and testosterone blocking hormones, but there's a long list of advantages that it simply cannot undo. The average trans-woman is simply going to be taller, faster, stronger and better suited for athletic competition than the average biological woman. A biological woman's knees, elbows, hands and feet end up structurally weaker and smaller than a man's. A trans-woman gets an unfair advantage in all of those things.

There is a very good reason that the women and girls have their own sports teams. The best of the best women could never hope to compete against the best of the best men.

No need to lecture me about athletics. I have been in the biz for 40 plus years. If you read my original post in this thread I stated there have been trans female athletes in college sports, women's pro hockey for several years now, as well as the recent Boston Marathon.. No display of unfair advantages. In fact none of the trans women in college sports have ever been talented or competitive enough to compete at the D2 or D1 level. If advantaged Jessica Platt from the" Canadian Womens Hockey League" would of made their national team. In fact she never was selected for an all-star game.

Once again those that are the experts in the field will tell you there may be advantages in strength, but dis-advantages in speed and stamina which makes for a level playing field. There was a study done on trans runners and cyclists after completion of a year of T suppression with results showing on average they were 2 percent slower then cis-gender females.

Like it or not, it is what it is, and women's sports will keep on doing just fine. High School sports need to adapt polices in line with the NCAA and IOC.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:10 PM

4,771 posts, read 3,266,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There is more than a slight advantage when it comes to physical strength

Men have a larger musculature, larger hearts, larger lungs - they have distinct advantages over women when it comes to both speed and stamina. Men also have more fast twitch muscle fibers than women (giving them an advantage in both overall strength and every fast-twitch muscle fiber dominant sport - which is every sport except endurance sports).

Women have more slow twitch muscle fibers which makes them more fatigue resistant. I was an adventure racer so I saw this for years.

I've been educated in this, worked in this, and was a state champion in two different sports (judo and karate) and competed at the national level in a different sport (adventure racing).

I'm not kidding. This trend will be devastating to girls and women on so many levels.
I stated that in sports were strength is the main facet, such as weightlifting or combat sports, a more extensive look needs to be taken. Take MMA Fallon Fox for example. She totally destroyed her last opponent but also lost to an opponent. Joe Rogan talking about her, said she is not that skilled and would be completely destroyed by a top ranked women opponent. So where is that huge un-fair advantage?
I mean yes some trans females will have advantages over some cis-gender females just as some cis-gender females will have advantages over other cis-gender females.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies