Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:11 PM

45,026 posts, read 26,183,883 times

Advertisements

Personally I dont use, but I support this move toward freedom
Oh poor Sessions must be fuming
Quote:
President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.
Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution. Sessions, by contrast, has ramped up those threats and has also lobbied Congress to reduce current protections for medical marijuana.
Trump says he is likely to support ending blanket federal ban on marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 PM

17,270 posts, read 11,123,264 times
I don't care either way as long as people aren't high at work like with alcohol, but glad to see Trump has an open mind about this issue.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:45 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,243,663 times
LOL. I think its a effort to have Sessions have a stroke. The president is attempting to murder the AG.

Seriously though folks, the majority of people support this. The reefer madness was something Nixon worked on to combat the black vote, lets stop this nonsense. I especially like letting states decide this sort of thing as it allows us to compare results.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

As I recall Sessions said this needed to be addressed through changing the laws instead of ignoring them. That is the correct answer.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:55 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,243,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I recall Sessions said this needed to be addressed through changing the laws instead of ignoring them. That is the correct answer.

Which doesnt change his personal views. He buys into the reefer madness nonsense 100%. And to be fair it was amazingly effective propaganda.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:07 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,718,780 times
Trump campaigned on marijuana being a states rights issue & called medical marijuana a no-brainer.

You guys didn't actually think he was going to let Sessions take us back to the 1950's did you?

Old 06-08-2018, 06:14 PM

17,336 posts, read 9,154,249 times
It's an issue that must be dealt with from a States Right perspective.
What is the point of a Federal ban on the variety of Marijuana usage that many States have passed laws on? As it stands now - usage is "legal" from a State Law, illegal from a Federal Law.
Federal Banking Laws forbid any entity that would deal with Marijuana sale/use for any reason to transact financial transactions - included having an account or depositing funds. This makes it wide open to Organized Crime. I'm not in favor of Legalized drug use for many reasons - BUT, States have the right in 2018 to decide what suits them. It's the Federal Petrie Dish. It will work or not, but they have the right.

Amend Federal Law to make it a completely States Rights Issue.
That is the ONLY thing that makes sense.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:15 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which doesnt change his personal views. He buys into the reefer madness nonsense 100%. And to be fair it was amazingly effective propaganda.

His personal views are as irrelevant as anyone else's in government. His job is to enforce the law as it is written, if an AG engages in selective enforcement of the law they are no longer upholding the law but dictating it.

Once again the right answer that should be expected from anyone in law enforcement in particular an AG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyYasGj6_IU

Old 06-08-2018, 06:22 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,625,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Personally I dont use, but I support this move toward freedom

Trump says he is likely to support ending blanket federal ban on marijuana
I think that's the reason Trump said what he did.

I'll believe his statement if a bill ever reaches his desk and he signs it.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:31 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,003,759 times
This is great and all, but how many times have we seen Trump change his mind, often within the space of a conversation?

I'll believe it when I see it.

But yeah, he likely said this to provoke Sessions, who he is not happy with at the moment. That works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies