Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:33 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Bold and underline is mine, what Trump claimed was a net worth of 9.5 billion. If he sold the business and all of it's assets the estimated value is 9.5 billion dollars. If someone does not understand the difference between the net worth of a company and annual revenue they should not be writing articles about it.

Onto the next article written by some nit wit.

When I worked for politicians I had to disclose all my assets, and debts and related financial info, I believe this is what they are referring too, not tax forms.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 12:37 PM

30,127 posts, read 11,754,194 times
Quote:
Bold and underline is mine, what Trump claimed was a net worth of 9.5 billion. If he sold the business and all of it's assets the estimated value is 9.5 billion dollars. If someone does not understand the difference between the net worth of a company and annual revenue they should not be writing articles about it.

This is why so many leftists are anti business and corporations. They don't understand any of it. How someone can mix up earnings and the value of a corporation is mind blowing.

The OP is an epic fail.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:39 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,012,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm constantly shocked at how ignorant most liberals are and the thing is, they don't realize it and don't care...truth has no meaning for the average liberal, political power over everyone is all that matters to them.

Might want to look in the mirror.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,905,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump claimed the Trump Organization was worth $9.5 billion, but according to new filings, his business is worth $600-$700 million.

The Independent reported, “While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump’s public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).”

The fact that Trump isn’t worth anything close to the amount of money that he claimed to be worth is important to the Russia scandal. If Trump really was a billionaire who didn’t Russian money to keep his business afloat, his denials of connections to Russia would be more believable, but the picture that’s emerging is of a fake billionaire who US banks wouldn’t loan money to because of his numerous bankruptcies, so he had to look to Russia for cash.
https://www.politicususa.com/2017/11...h-claimed.html

He's nothing but a PATHETIC, PATHOLOGICAL LYING NUT-JOB, Billionaire-WANNABE!
Very sorry Mr Autumn, after all of your hard work, Donald Trump is still President and shall remain so for 6 more years.
Even if you have proof he is only worth .50 cents, he is YOUR president. Deal with it, for he is MAGA...!
It is pathetic that some of your loser lefties spend so much time trying to make him look bad, you are missing out on your life, let the hate go, America has never been in better shape and neither have you, thanks to Big Don. Cherish him, love him, thank him, he is making you better.

Don't ya love it..?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Ah this explains where the numbers are coming from:

But this year it has fallen from number three to number 40 after the President disclosed the organisation's revenue to federal regulators.

While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8058236.html

Old 06-10-2018, 12:47 PM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not only that, they try to twist words to suit their needs.....just wait.....autumn will be here soon screaming we are wrong and blah blah blah blah blah....all the while using her own links to prove her wrong....
Quote:
I did not know "sales" was now considered his overall net worth?

Shocked I tell ya shocked.....that a lefty would twist words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"He's nothing but a PATHETIC, PATHOLOGICAL LYING NUT-JOB, Billionaire-WANNABE"

And I could call you nothing but a PATHETIC, PATHOLOGICAL LYING NUT-JOB, Billionaire-WANNABE"

Be honest, wouldn't you LIKE to be a billionaire?

Your "reporting" on the article IS a LIE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Quote:

Coalman Libs suck bad at math and understanding Business. It's one of the reasons Obama cut such crappy deals with people like Iran.

Trumps having to redo all the bad Dem deals over the last 30 years. Can't blame Libs though, they major in needless degrees like transgender studies.

Poor Ms.Autumn, she just doesn't get it.
Ah brother!

Them libs trying to make a dollar out of 15¢ again!

How much money time and spit do the liberals spend trying to hate on President Donald J Trump and those of us who voted for him?

hashtag threadfail!

Old 06-10-2018, 12:52 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,067,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ah this explains where the numbers are coming from:

But this year it has fallen from number three to number 40 after the President disclosed the organisation's revenue to federal regulators.

While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8058236.html

O.K., so tell us how his earnings last year = his business worth?

Not sure which way you are going, but that was in the OP, which makes the thread title a complete lie.....

Old 06-10-2018, 12:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,699,165 times
I've never believed Trump has the money he claims to have. I also think he is very beholden to Russia.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
O.K., so tell us how his earnings last year = his business worth?

Not sure which way you are going, but that was in the OP, which makes the thread title a complete lie.....

Misleading IMO. But at the end of the day, the president is still a liar about his money. But most people knew that already.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump claimed the Trump Organization was worth $9.5 billion, but according to new filings, his business is worth $600-$700 million.

The Independent reported, “While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump’s public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).”

The fact that Trump isn’t worth anything close to the amount of money that he claimed to be worth is important to the Russia scandal. If Trump really was a billionaire who didn’t Russian money to keep his business afloat, his denials of connections to Russia would be more believable, but the picture that’s emerging is of a fake billionaire who US banks wouldn’t loan money to because of his numerous bankruptcies, so he had to look to Russia for cash.
https://www.politicususa.com/2017/11...h-claimed.html

He's nothing but a PATHETIC, PATHOLOGICAL LYING NUT-JOB, Billionaire-WANNABE!
ok, so you believe everything you read that is anti Trump. Is there proof these figures are right? And if they are what the heck difference does it make? he is a multi millionaire at the least.Suck in up butter cup!!!!!! It has little to do with his presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies