Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 08:42 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Even GA and NC have been competitive recently. They’re still red, but steadily turning more purple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 08:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Don't do it red states. Look how they screwed up Texas.
LOL!

Texas was long Blue, before Ann Richards screwed the pooch for any Democrat in Texas, to hold the states top spots or Senators to Washington.
Texas house reps are still running on Democrat gerrymandering from decades ago.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:30 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Even GA and NC have been competitive recently. They’re still red, but steadily turning more purple.
Which is why the NC (Republican) state legislators have been taking extreme measures to try to forestall that, such as gerrymandering, stacking the courts, doing preemptive legislation on minimum wage levels, etc.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Nazi's??? you mean like hitler , the daddy of American liberals
Wrong! Hitler could be Trump’s Daddy! Do you know anything about history?

Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Which is why the NC (Republican) state legislators have been taking extreme measures to try to forestall that, such as gerrymandering, stacking the courts, doing preemptive legislation on minimum wage levels, etc.
The same thing has been taking place in Georgia. Cobb County, a suburban Atlanta county, voted for Hilary Clinton in 2016 by a 2% margin. This contrasts with the 2012 election where Mitt Romney, a Republican, won that county by a 13% margin. Before Hilary Clinton, the last time Cobb County voted for a Democrat was 1976, when Jimmy Carter, born in Georgia, was running for office. Cobb County has become more blue over the years. More minorities have moved to Cobb County. More people from northern states have moved to Cobb County as well. However, the congressional districts are such that there are 3 in the county, and 2 of them are Republican districts.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:40 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...Iowa isn’t really a red state. In fact, after Trump, it’ll go right back to being blue. This is an aberration for Iowa.

That said, I live in the only red state that I’ll ever live in; Arizona. No other red state is fit to live in. All the rest are dumps.
So now I know why you're the Desert Detroiter (for the longest time I thought you were a Dearborn Muslim paying homage to a desert homeland while you resided in Michigan). Well Michigan is a mess thanks to liberal policies especially Detroit.

The only blue state I would live in is Colorado.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:42 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I'm a liberal who lives in a state that's light red....for now. Trump won by single digits here in Texas, nineteen states had a wider margin. What is going on now is sickening. There are plenty of Christians here....real Christians...who vote. Once the GOP loses Texas, that's it.
Yes, illegal alien parents dragging their kids along on a dangerous journey where they are exposed to cartel members and smugglers is certainly sickening, as is their attitude that they have a God given right to live in America.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So now I know why you're the Desert Detroiter (for the longest time I thought you were a Dearborn Muslim paying homage to a desert homeland while you resided in Michigan). Well Michigan is a mess thanks to liberal policies especially Detroit.

The only blue state I would live in is Colorado.
Mississippi and Alabama are red states and those states are not good places to live. Low education standards, high crime, high poverty.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,742 times
You libbies can stay in your over taxed, poop covered sidewalks, play-doh filled safe houses...….it suits y'all.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
You libbies can stay in your over taxed, poop covered sidewalks, play-doh filled safe houses...….it suits y'all.
I could not agree with sentiment more. I don’t want the enemy living in my state. SJW trash can stay in the dung heap states they helped create, no one wants them outside of those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies