Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 03:40 PM

20,318 posts, read 19,905,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I'm pretty sure you've resorted to a one liner because you've got no counter argument but I'll give you one chance to show that you just misunderstood me by spelling it out for you.

Your argument was gay people (or their culture) are awful because of two isolated events but why single them out if straight men can be far worse?
I've never said gay people were awful. I just pointed out two public events in SF that I felt were despicable.

Where's the city sanctioned examples of a hetero version?

I lived in Houston's Montrose area and had plenty of friends of varying types. None of them engaged in very public sex to the best of my knowledge.

What is gay "culture" anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 03:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
I am guilty too I did not go last year either
My bad

Old 06-19-2018, 04:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,383,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/trum...18-pride-month

The attention seekers would rather Trump hate them than ignore them.

Not long ago, they wanted society to stay OUT of their private lives, not validate them.

I thought this line was funny:

"For the second year in a row, President Donald Trump’s White House left Pride Month out of its list of proclamations declaring June National Ocean Month, National Caribbean-American Heritage Month, National Homeownership Month, and National African-American Music Appreciation Month."

and how is this a bad thing?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:09 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's especially sobering, as a gay person, to know that one of the main reasons Trump is so popular is because so many people want to strip me of my rights at minimum or hang me from a rope at worst.
It is very sobering, unfortunately. Even most of the City-Data Trump supporters here in this thread would keep you from marrying of they could.

You have to remember, Trump represents all of the old, angry white men like Jeff Sessions and David Duke who prefer the Jim Crow America. Old, uneducated, intolerant people who prefer the days when blacks were submissive, everyone was Christian, and gays were still forced to live in secrecy.

Your typical Trump supporter has the same feelings about gays, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and trans people as Trump himself, which is why they love him so much.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:59 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,745,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It is very sobering, unfortunately. Even most of the City-Data Trump supporters here in this thread would keep you from marrying of they could.

You have to remember, Trump represents all of the old, angry white men like Jeff Sessions and David Duke who prefer the Jim Crow America. Old, uneducated, intolerant people who prefer the days when blacks were submissive, everyone was Christian, and gays were still forced to live in secrecy.

Your typical Trump supporter has the same feelings about gays, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and trans people as Trump himself, which is why they love him so much.
And this is just what the independent neutral parties think about it!

Old 06-20-2018, 02:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,294,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
As much as I support the LGBTQ community I have to shrug and say so what. There are many groups who dont get a special moment or consideration from any president.
That is true, but what better recognition can the LGBT community get then much of Corporate America, and big sports?

Major League Baseball and the National Football League will participate in the annual LGBTQ pride event, joining the NBA, NHL and Major League Soccer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...t-time-n884451
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies