Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 11:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,092,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
And yet it happened huh? Just as it as probably happened for many past administrations. And here’s why liberals are hurting themselves. People are obviously starting to see the double standard. Report the news more fairly. You’ll be much more better off.
What part of "policy" are you confused about? What part of "a child might have been separated from their parent by mistake" equates to "border agents are actively stripping kids from their parents on purpose, per the orders of the POTUS?"

The problem isn't CNN. The problem is people who can't understand basic facts trying to discuss issues with people who can. It's easy to call CNN fake news when you can't even think your way around facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:15 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,470,507 times
Quote:
Lol as I said, conservative news is reported on one channel. Really, you guys aren’t able to see that most news is controlled by the left? I’m legitimately curious. I mean print journalism, cable tv, social media, etc. You don’t agree that there is a left wing bias there?
What does "one channel" matter? There is a finite audience pool. Which is why Fox does the best in ratings because they don't have other right wing stations to share with. For your arguement to be valid you would have to show liberals switch between CNN and MSNBC for instance. I doubt that is the case.

Moreover, you left out radio, Why is that?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:19 PM

1,057 posts, read 864,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I challenge you to find a single person on this forum that thinks Fox News has a left wing bias. This might be the first time in the history of CD that we all agree on something.
Never said that. Generally speaking, most people would agree that news is presented with a left wing bias. Obviously fox would be an exception to the rule. Really, I’m trying to help you guys out because I feel that I’m able to comprehend trends pretty well. Trump deserves negative coverage. But when the coverage is overwhelming negative (to the point of 93% on CNN), do you think that helps or hurts the democrats?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What does "one channel" matter? There is a finite audience pool. Which is why Fox does the best in ratings because they don't have other right wing stations to share with. For your arguement to be valid you would have to show liberals switch between CNN and MSNBC for instance. I doubt that is the case.

Moreover, you left out radio, Why is that?
I’ve already mentioned radio. You guys are missing the point I’m trying to make. The news, regardless of source (cable, print, social media, etc.), is GENERALLY presented with a left wing basis. Certainly you all must be cognizant of that.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,648,158 times
Quote:
Never said that. Generally speaking, most people would agree that news is presented with a left wing bias. Obviously fox would be an exception to the rule. Really, I’m trying to help you guys out because I feel that I’m able to comprehend trends pretty well. Trump deserves negative coverage. But when the coverage is overwhelming negative (to the point of 93% on CNN), do you think that helps or hurts the democrats?
Do Trump supporters think it's healthy that Fox serves as "State TV" for Trump? It's all they know.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Do Trump supporters think it's healthy that Fox serves as "State TV" for Trump? It's all they know.
Trump got what... 63 million votes. Do you think they all watch Fox News?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,470,507 times
Quote:
I’ve already mentioned radio. You guys are missing the point I’m trying to make. The news, regardless of source (cable, print, social media, etc.), is GENERALLY presented with a left wing basis. Certainly you all must be cognizant of that.
That would depend. For instance NYT and WAPO are always labeled as left wing by the right but are not. There opinion page does not make their news reporting biased. In fact, even Bannon would say he would give leads on stories to NYT because he new they would investigate it to the end regardless of where it ended up. Yet conservatives claim NYT is biased. Its a canard.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Trump got what... 63 million votes. Do you think they all watch Fox News?
So? Hillary got 67 million votes. What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about news media. Fox drives a very very right wing, worship Trump platform. There is no other way to say it.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So? Hillary got 67 million votes. What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about news media. Fox drives a very very right wing, worship Trump platform. There is no other way to say it.
Ok, well I will just leave you with my advice. It doesn’t help Democrats when the news overwhelmingly attacks trump. And yes, I understand that fox is probably the exception. Present stories more favorably and critique the negatives, sure. I don’t think the media has quite learned that lesson yet.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Ok, well I will just leave you with my advice. It doesn’t help Democrats when the news overwhelmingly attacks trump. And yes, I understand that fox is probably the exception. Presents stories more favorably and critique the negatives, sure. I don’t think the media has quite learned that lesson yet.
And I will simply say, Trump supporters trying to give "helpful advice" while reluctantly admitting that their own Fox News source is blatantly biased, is not helpful. Trump won by the narrowest of margins and because 35,000 votes over three states didn't go the other way, it does not mean Trump has overwhelming support or even majority support. He won a minority election. Trump supporters will not admit that out loud but perhaps they should at least acknowledge that to themselves. That CNN offers an alternative point of view does not mean they are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies