Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:47 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

is the man gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 04:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Wow, just wow. Exceptionally poor taste if not an outright security breach.

I mean during the largest political bridge of peace since the wall fell and this nut goes full trigger Left.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:49 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
I googled the (faux) incident, and it would appear that Fox is the only "news" outlet having a hissy fit over this. It was a press conference for heaven's sake, and it was Trump who called upon Acosta.

Tuesday’s capstone was Trump’s news conference, a freewheeling affair that lasted 66 minutes. The president was confident and chummy with reporters, even those he often attacks. He called on CNN’s Jim Acosta, a favorite foil, and said with a smirk: “Go ahead. Be nice. Be respectful.”

As Trump and Kim were signing the document in front of a small group of reporters, Acosta asked Trump: “Mr. President, did he agree to denuclearize?”

Trump clearly enjoyed bantering with the press, though his answers lacked some of the substantive detail reporters were seeking. The president’s aides seemed to enjoy it less. About midway through, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, who had been jostling in their seats in the front row, could be seen gesturing at White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders as if to enlist her in cutting off the news conference.

But the president kept going and going. As he started to walk out, headed to the airport for the day-long flight home to Washington, reporters shouted out questions about his previously undisclosed first phone call with Kim. Some asked whether there was a recording or notes of the conversation to give the government a record of what the two men said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.dd6bc1c01432

I guess the Failing Fox News is trying to stir up its ratings by playing some idiotic game of outrage that a reporter would actually dare to ask the president* if N. Korea was going ahead with a plan to stop making bombs. How outrageous!

The Fox snowflakes need to head for the Antarctic for the summer lest they melt away like a slurpee dropped on the asphalt of a hot city street in June. Oh, wait! Thanks to climate change, even Antarctica is melting! Never mind.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yelling out questions in the middle of a historic moment when 2 national leaders are signing documents. There is a time and place for questions but Acosta interrupts and grandstands.
He should have his Press Credentials temporarily suspended for his actions in Singapore.

Excuse me, but you're quoting pro-Trump Fox, which is improperly slanting their description. If the press was invited, it seems reasonable that they would ask questions. You're right that shouting the questions isn't ideal, but when you have a president who persists in lies and evasions, I can see the press reduced to needing to be more aggressive.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:50 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
jeop·ard·ize
ˈjepərˌdīz/Submit
verb
put (someone or something) into a situation in which there is a danger of loss, harm, or failure.

Acosta was doing his job. Stop being a snowflake.
If he were to ask that in a different setting I'd have no problem with it.

Your definition only proves my point.

The snowflakes are the liberals who despise Trump and his supporters and they are meeeeellltng. lmao

Old 06-12-2018, 04:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Reporters are allowed to ask questions and that room is usually noisy enough that people need to raise their voices.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trumpist's heads are exploding, on queue, triggered by Trump, not Acosta. If Trump's camp didn't trash Acosta today, Trumpists wouldn't have been acting upset about Acosta. Trump's camp gives them queues on how to act.
Acosta was simply following Trump's lead. Trump is the rudest person to ever be in the WH, and he tweets gross, disgusting, degrading, demeaning comments about anyone and everyone.

Kind of amusing that Trumpies get their panties in a twist over someone being what they consider 'rude.'

Unbelievably ironic.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:54 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Acosta was simply following Trump's lead. Trump is the rudest person to ever be in the WH, and he tweets gross, disgusting, degrading, demeaning comments about anyone and everyone.

Kind of amusing that Trumpies get their panties in a twist over someone being what they consider 'rude.'

Unbelievably ironic.
It's not about being rude. The snowflake libs would love to see this fail.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:58 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,866,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Excuse me, but you're quoting pro-Trump Fox, which is improperly slanting their description. If the press was invited, it seems reasonable that they would ask questions. You're right that shouting the questions isn't ideal, but when you have a president who persists in lies and evasions, I can see the press reduced to needing to be more aggressive.
Fox news is the least biased most middle of the road coverage.

The other networks are all so far to the left it taints and distorts your perception.

Here your own lefty university's even admit it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...been-negative/

Thanks Harvard

Old 06-12-2018, 04:59 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You know what...I would normally agree, but Acosta went to far this time. He disrespected two world leaders at an historic event. He should have his WH press credentials pulled until September and gets them back only with a public apology to the country in WH press room.
Absolutely true.

Acosta blew it by stepping over the line. He wanted himself to be the story, not the signing!

Strip his credentials!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies