Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 05:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and women can control that also....

no does mean no..... or at least it is supposed to...

btw, females can keep their dresses/slacks on too..... then there would not be unintentional problems..... oh and you can get a months supply of "the pill" for the cost of a starbucks coffee
Let's say everybody did everything right, but she gets pregnant anyway. No blame, it was an accident or a mistake. Will you force her to give birth even then?

And before you answer, please read the post right above yours. It's not a matter of a woman just going in to the hospital one day and coming out with a baby. There are nine months where a whole lot of things can, and do, go wrong. Even in the best of pregnancies, it is a difficult time.

Then we have labor, and if you have never felt that, thank your lucky stars. And that's a piece of cake compared to the actual delivery itself. My first child had the cord wrapped around his neck, and they had to cut me open so much to get him out quickly that it left lasting damage.

Then you have the aftermath. Many women experience long ranging health issues for the rest of their lives due to pregnancy. See the paragraph above. I certainly have.

This is what women who WANT children willingly face, and believe me, it is daunting. Now imagine a woman who doesn't want a child, doesn't want to be pregnant, but is being told by a man, tough ****, you're going to go through all of that anyway because I say so!

It's appalling that you treat pregnancy and childbirth it so blithely. But not surprising, because it's easy to be so caviler when you know you will never have to face it yourself.

That is why men should have no say in this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 08:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let's say everybody did everything right, but she gets pregnant anyway. No blame, it was an accident or a mistake. Will you force her to give birth even then?

And before you answer, please read the post right above yours. It's not a matter of a woman just going in to the hospital one day and coming out with a baby. There are nine months where a whole lot of things can, and do, go wrong. Even in the best of pregnancies, it is a difficult time.

Then we have labor, and if you have never felt that, thank your lucky stars. And that's a piece of cake compared to the actual delivery itself. My first child had the cord wrapped around his neck, and they had to cut me open so much to get him out quickly that it left lasting damage.

Then you have the aftermath. Many women experience long ranging health issues for the rest of their lives due to pregnancy. See the paragraph above. I certainly have.

This is what women who WANT children willingly face, and believe me, it is daunting. Now imagine a woman who doesn't want a child, doesn't want to be pregnant, but is being told by a man, tough ****, you're going to go through all of that anyway because I say so!

It's appalling that you treat pregnancy and childbirth it so blithely. But not surprising, because it's easy to be so caviler when you know you will never have to face it yourself.

That is why men should have no say in this matter.
again did I EVER say she or the man should be FORCED to do anything

the problem is you have 19 year olds who have already had 5 abortions... I mean damn it woman, did they learn to say no, say put a rain coat on, have parents say if you are going to be active let's start the pill (which makes periods easier , and less painfull)……. there are thousands of young couples out there that CAN NOT have children, but would give their left arm in order to have a child...…. yet your meme is about is she forced... no she is not forced, but she CERTAINLY can make a wise, educated, and kind decision and helpout a couple who cant

but instead of thinking about kind, compassionate actions like adoption, you are talking about killing a baby (fetus) FOR GREED...yes greed of "its my decision and ONLY mine"

I thought you liberals were supposed to be compassionate, and think about your fellow human... as it turns out, no, you are just greedy

Old 06-16-2018, 08:41 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:

the problem is you have 19 year olds who have already had 5 abortions... I mean damn it woman, did they learn to say no, say put a rain coat on, have parents say if you are going to be active let's start the pill (which makes periods easier , and less painfull)……. there are thousands of young couples out there that CAN NOT have children, but would give their left arm in order to have a child...…. yet your meme is about is she forced... no she is not forced, but she CERTAINLY can make a wise, educated, and kind decision and helpout a couple who cant

but instead of thinking about kind, compassionate actions like adoption, you are talking about killing a baby (fetus) FOR GREED...yes greed of "its my decision and ONLY mine"

I thought you liberals were supposed to be compassionate, and think about your fellow human... as it turns out, no, you are just greedy
Few women use abortions for bc. The 19 year old with 5 abortions I would say is not the norm

As to adoption it’s an answer to unwanted parenthood not unwanted pregnancy. Women who pick abortions over adoption are not breeders for childless couples.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Here is another good article: https://www.npr.org/2018/06/16/62065...ren-from-paren

Old 06-16-2018, 09:41 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
the problem is you have 19 year olds who have already had 5 abortions
Source? How numerous are "19 year olds who have had 5 abortions"?

Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
You did so when you said you believed she should have to get permission from the father before she is allowed to end her pregnancy.

Quote:
the problem is you have 19 year olds who have already had 5 abortions...
Red herring. You can't prove there are numerous 19 year olds who have already had five abortions, but you state it as if it is fact. If it is fact, prove it. Otherwise you are just inventing things again.

Quote:
……. there are thousands of young couples out there that CAN NOT have children, but would give their left arm in order to have a child...…. yet your meme is about is she forced... no she is not forced, but she CERTAINLY can make a wise, educated, and kind decision and helpout a couple who cant
And if she doesn't want to go through the pain and difficulty and dangers of pregnancy and delivery, then she can choose to NOT carry the pregnancy for the sake of someone else, right?

That's what we mean by CHOICE. You do believe she should be able to CHOOSE NOT to go through all of what has been outlined in this thread, right?

If you answer yes to that question, then we are in agreement that ending the pregnancy should be a choice for her. If you answer no, then you are talking about forcing her to give birth against her will. It really is that simple.

Quote:
GREED? I just got finished telling you how difficult and painful pregnancy, labor and delivery are, and you completely ignore all of that and talk about GREED? WTF?

I propose we put you in a pregnancy suit for nine months, then simulate 18 hours of excruciating labor, and then torture you for another hour to simulate delivery. Then we wreck parts of your body that will never be the same again. Are you too greedy in wanting to avoid pain to go through that? WTF does greed have to do with it?

Quote:
Again with the greed. And this is an abominable statement coming from someone who cares not a whit about women. You have demonstrated it again and again and again by blatantly ignoring the realities of pregnancy, brushing them off as if they are nothing. How easy it is for you, who will never face it.

THIS is why men should not have a say in making these decisions. Thank you for demonstrating this so succinctly.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:07 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
THIS is why men should not have a say in making these decisions. Thank you for demonstrating this so succinctly.
Bingo.

This is exactly why men should not have a say in these decisions.

Men who want to parent children need to find a willing woman and make her an offer she can't refuse.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

This is exactly why men should not have a say in these decisions.

Men who want to parent children need to find a willing woman and make her an offer she can't refuse.
Willing being the key word there. If a man has sex with a woman who is not willing to go through pregnancy, childbirth and delivery to give him a child then he is **** of luck. He should have asked before he had his fun if that was his goal.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You do realize that counseling, by whatever word you use for it, is part of health care, ie, medical services?

That said, yes, if you show up for an abortion appointment, everything is in place for you to get that abortion. Any counseling services have already been done.
Of course there is counseling in medicine.

My point was that PP isn’t specifically a place you go for counseling so you can decide what to do about a pregnancy. Can you get info from them to make a choice? Yes. Will they question your choice? Nope.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:

That 19yo with 5 abortions is as rare as a comet sighting but do you REALLY want her breeding? She seems to be not so bright.

Also, where were all 5 of these fellas she had sex with who did not wear a condom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies