Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Gotta ask, because it appears that they aren’t.

The most conservative member of the House (Rep Sanford) was run out of Congress on a rail yesterday. Why? Because he ran afoul of Trump.

Bob Corker is now being called a RINO. Ditto Jeff Flake. Flake is my senator, and he’s so far to the right that he got both of his left limbs amputated.

So what gives Right Wingers? Must the whole party genuflect at the sound of all Trump edicts?
Apparently not as Trump has a long memory. Sanford didn't make it about policy he went personal with Trump

btw Sanford isn't the most conservative. Someone like Amash MI or Massie KY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:

The most conservative member of the House (Rep Sanford) was run out of Congress on a rail yesterday. Why? Because he ran afoul of Trump.
Beware folks, this is the latest meme. Trying to portray Trump as some kind of mob figure who is putting contracts on anyone who dares to "cross" him. Two years of nonstop CNN panels apparently did nothing and his picks are winning at the ballot box, so Don Trumpone is invented.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:

Bob Corker is now being called a RINO. Ditto Jeff Flake. Flake is my senator, and he’s so far to the right that he got both of his left limbs amputated.

So what gives Right Wingers? Must the whole party genuflect at the sound of all Trump edicts?
Yeah, I've got no time for Corker, Flake or any of them that have gotten all high and mighty with their rhetoric yet vote right down the line with the GOP status quo.

The minute they use the power and perks of the office they still hold to put the kibosh on Trump nominees and legislation they'll have my attention, otherwise it's just so much static noise. The fact that they aren't seeking reelection makes it that much more spineless.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
bawac34618[/b] ]
Trumpism is very tribal in nature, almost to the point of being a cult. That's why a lot of people on the Left call Trump supporters "Cult 45." One of the hallmarks of a cult is that everyone must fall in line behind Dear Leader no matter what and no amount of dissent is tolerated. That's exactly what we see among Trump supporters
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Wutitiz: What you refer to as an "absurd meme" did NOT refer to all Republicans. I believe that it is well known that all Republicans are not Trump supporters. It is pretty obvious to anyone who looks that extreme Trumpism is cult-like, and that anyone who disagrees with Trump becomes labeled as a RINO or a traitor, etc. So if you didn't vote for Trump, you may not be in that tribe, and you don't have to feel insulted about this. Why take offense to something not directed at you?
Well, although I did not vote for Trump, IMO he has done some very good things, so I would now count myself as a 'Trump supporter,' so in that sense, the post by bawac was directed at me. Again, these claims of cultism are always put forth with ZERO evidence. I stand by my statement that it's an 'absurd meme.'

Old 06-13-2018, 07:52 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is an absurd meme going around among Democrats, and as usual, presented with ZERO evidence. Many Republicans (including me) did not even vote for Trump. Do you not remember when the National Review, arguably the flagship of conservative media, devoted an entire issue to criticizing Trump in 2016?

Now I have given you my evidence; what is yours? Figments of your imagination do not count as evidence.
You might want to read again. The post you quoted referred to Trump supporters, not Republicans. If you aren't a Trump supporter, it didn't apply to you.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:59 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Republicans dont go to the bathroom without asking permission from Trump

Old 06-13-2018, 07:59 PM

BTW, lest we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFC1qFCgyA

(school children Obama chant)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCz8RhSUmQ

(Obama called "our Lord and Savior by Hollywood actor)

And there's more where that came from. This has unfortunately become a normal part of the US presidency. But it is not that important, and certainly not worth having one thread after another. Why not focus on Trump policies rather than his style, or the style of some of his supporters?

Old 06-13-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You might want to read again. The post you quoted referred to Trump supporters, not Republicans. If you aren't a Trump supporter, it didn't apply to you.
You might want to read yourself. In my post I said that I counted myself as a "Trump supporter" now. I didn't vote for him but have been pleasantly surprised with the job he has done as POTUS.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Republicans dont go to the bathroom without asking permission from Trump
Well, thank you for proving my point. This is an absurd meme, with no evidence other than the hysterical imaginings of liberals.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:56 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
All of these politicians attacked President Trump before he attacked back. I say don't dish what you can't take! Its about time we had a fighter in the White House (as a GOPer) again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies