Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most people today cannot accept that A) the 1950s are long gone, B) we had a non-white President, and C) the SCOTUS ruled that same-sex marriage must be recognized in all 50 states. That is why we have Donald Trump. Donald Trump is the anger of rural white, Christian America personified. He's the culmination of the Moral Majority and everything Jerry Falwell began back in the late 1970s.

If our country survives this, I think we will return to normalcy. I have doubts that the Democrats will try anything like this. However, the big question is "if" we survive. A large portion of this country would rather burn down the entire system than live in a society that offers equality for everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.

Exactly!

Certain parts of the GOP cannot believe their luck that DT actually won the WH, but seems to embrace much of their "moral majority" fundamental Christian, and so forth agenda. As such they are circling the wagons in an effort to keep things going "their way", for they hope another two then four more years.

For the record GOP party as a whole never truly embraced the Moral Majority, evangelical, fundamental loons. Ronald Regan et al *tolerated* them and even chucked a few bones on occasion because of votes they brought in; both sides know this as does everyone else in politics.

Obama basically didn't give those people the time of day; and that is one of his many sins (besides being born black I suppose), so now they are going to make up for lost time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 05:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
I lockstep to nobody, and won't start because of a lame veiled threat.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:22 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Default Did I mention 4% growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And this is how you destroy countries.
No..... Obama, Clinton, Pulosi, Reid is how you destroy a great country.

They did their very best for 8 long years. I'll take the great results and hard work Trumps is accomplishing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/trum...-proceeds.html

Quote:
Surging consumer spending is driving GDP well above prior estimates, and it is now tracking near 4 percent for the second quarter.

That's almost double the pace of the first quarter.

Economists say the consumer is seeing the impact of the tax cuts and is spending, as a result of more disposable income.
Hillary would still be in bed getting over her hangover and putting on her back brace.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Well in terms of relationships, I don't stay with manipulative/controlling, or goal post shifting my ideal price charming changing from 1 day to the next. I don't compromise in relationships. (Could ask my ex of 3 and a half years how that worked for her) LOL compromise in relationships.... that's how you wind up 40-50 years old and miserable because you capitulated and bowed to another to appease them.

Works good for me. I don't expect those who I date to compromise for me. I date them for them. I don't expect them to change who they are for me. There is no superiority. We are equals... That said, women who've expected me to change or forfeit this that or the other in a "compromise" met the door and I moved on quick. Their loss. Not mine.
I lay it out the moment things go steady. There's no surprises. No arguments at a later date. I don't get stressed. I deal with A holes at work all day I'm not coming home to one. Plain and simple. Don't complain about my work schedule. That pays the bills and puts the jewelry on your wrist neck fingers, pays for the cool/fun things we do. Not giving that up.
Works for me and the woman I've been with going on 9-10 months.

And when it comes to civil liberties like the 2nd Amendment, I absolutely will not compromise
I won't date a woman that's anti gun. Could agree on everything else. Nope. Not arguing not going out of my way to support or appease an ideology I don't agree with.

Far as living somewhere else, I already do. Andrew Cuomo made it very clear exactly where I stood.
His loss. No income tax to collect from me. No property tax to collect from me. No sales tax to collect from me. I made out. Not him.

Not compromising is Un-American? I'll wear that with a badge of honor next to deplorable. so who better rethink?
My, my! What a rant!

First of all, I'm glad that you found a woman who is in total lockstep with you! Hopefully, there won't come a time when she wants to go to XXX restaurant and you want to go to ZZZ restaurant! I'm sure you'll put her in her place.

Being a lawmaker (congressperson) is quite different from dating! LOL Do you date 320 million people? I should hope not! Lawmakers have to compromise because Americans are not a homogenous group of people. We all have different needs, wants, and priorities. That's where compromise comes in. Everyone gets some of what they want. And by 'want' I don't mean people who want to eat bon-bons and laze around on welfare. I'm pretty certain that's where your mind immediately went!

Some people 'want' better roads. Some people 'want' better schools. Some people 'want' to preserve forests or animal species. As you said above, you 'want' to preserve your right to bear arms. What makes you any different or any better than others who might have differing wants? In the giant scheme of things your 'wants' are no more or no less important than any other citizen's.

Yes, compromise is part of the weft and weave of America and its system of governance. To deny that is un-American.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
By the way. Compromise has 2 meanings Fox-This for that. And To erode the integrity of.

When speaking in terms of compromise, liberals love RINOs because they compromise with liberals all the time. Both seek to erode the integrity of everything in favor of progressive ideology.

Nah.

That's how you wind up with my generation living at home with their parents into their 30s, ignorant of history, unable to hold a job, offended by everything etc etc.
And liberals have never compromised with conservatives?

Are you ignorant of history?

Old 06-15-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No..... Obama, Clinton, Pulosi, Reid is how you destroy a great country.

They did their very best for 8 long years. I'll take the great results and hard work Trumps is accomplishing.
Oh, for sure! Bush left the country in SUCH great shape!

Housing values plummeted.
Banks failing.
Car manufacturers going out of business.
Unemployment sky-high.

Barack Obama turned that all around with some bold moves. Bold moves that saved this country. And he did that all without one lick of help from conservatives, who, as you MAY recall, promised to make him a one-term president and vowed to oppose anything he proposed.

Yeah, he really destroyed the country!

Old 06-15-2018, 07:09 AM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
She believes in her President, and that surprises you? I don't understand.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you don't like our system of governance, go live somewhere else.

The founding fathers deliberately set up the government so people were forced to compromise. It's not good that only one party and one way of thinking and governing is dominant.

Not compromising is un-American.

Better re-think.
Bringing in millions of foreigners to vote against the natives so you don't have to compromise is even more un-American,

Old 06-15-2018, 07:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
We've had enough of the polished turds in suits.

WHY do you believe an unpolished turd in a suit is an improvement?

Old 06-15-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, for sure! Bush left the country in SUCH great shape!

Housing values plummeted.
Banks failing.
Car manufacturers going out of business.
Unemployment sky-high.

Barack Obama turned that all around with some bold moves. Bold moves that saved this country.
I probably hate Bush more than you do, but I only recall Obama doing one thing regarding the economy in eight years. That was the stupid "stimulus" boondoggle early on. It wasn't a "bold move", and it was counterproductive.

What are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies