Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 07:07 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,112,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll still wonder how the (D)'s we're stupid enough to back Hillary when they had such a better option.
Maybe because they didn't? I know, I know, the infallible Saint Bernard. Who just proved yet again just how out of step he is with the Democratic party by acknowledging his utter lack of knowledge about the criminal justice system.

Quote:
"I had no idea hundreds of thousands of Americans, particularly African-Americans, were being held in jail, for months or years, even though they’ve never been convicted of a crime, simply because they can’t afford bail.”
THAT'S your progressive hero? What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 07:19 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,056,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Maybe because they didn't? I know, I know, the infallible Saint Bernard. Who just proved yet again just how out of step he is with the Democratic party by acknowledging his utter lack of knowledge about the criminal justice system.

THAT'S your progressive hero? What a joke.
To cowardly to post the link to the King article where he notes that Sanders was speaking figuratively about being poor?

Yes, I agree with Bernie.

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/14/...ustice-reform/

Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
To cowardly to post the link to the King article where he notes that Sanders was speaking figuratively about being poor?

Yes, I agree with Bernie.

I knew you'd know the reference but no, he was not speaking figuratively about being poor. He was speaking literally about his lack of knowledge.

Here's the full paragraph and a link. It doesn't change what he said.

Quote:
It’s disgusting, Shaun, that our country is basically criminalizing poverty. I’ll be honest with you. I really didn’t know this was happening. I had no idea hundreds of thousands of Americans, particularly African-Americans, were being held in jail, for months or years, even though they’ve never been convicted of a crime, simply because they can’t afford bail,” Sanders told me in a tiny dressing room backstage before the event.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,056,160 times
Quote:
I knew you'd know the reference but no, he was not speaking figuratively about being poor. He was speaking literally about his lack of knowledge.

Here's the full paragraph and a link. It doesn't change what he said.

Hillary's "Super predator" comment cost her where she needed the votes the most. As the article notes, even at Sanders advanced age he is still willing to learn about the problems others are facing. Hillary simply took these people for granted.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:39 PM

30,017 posts, read 11,606,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
spreading lies is not cool, thats CNN and MSNBC's job :

Trump said it himself during an interview. Being a Trumpster you should learn the facts surrounding Trump.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
From the Holt interview:

"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil. You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that. You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil, less than a year ago. It hasn't recovered from that."

"I just want somebody that's competent. I want to find out if there was a problem in the election having to do with Russia. As far as I'm concerned, I want that thing to be absolutely done properly. ... it should be over with, in my opinion, should have been over with a long time ago. 'Cause all it is, is an excuse but I said to myself, I might even lengthen out the investigation, but I have to do the right thing for the American people."

If you're pinning impeachment hopes on the Holt interview, you'll be disappointed when 2020 rolls around.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...s-comey-230542

Yet just before the election, Trump praises Comey for the decisions that he later fired him for. Yet he could not wait to fire Comey a few months later but that had nothing to do with trying to derail the Russia Investigation.

Like I have said I believe Mueller will get Trump on obstruction for firing Comey and possibly for demanding loyalty for Comey. Trump with Mueller is like Draymond Green yelling at the refs. There is a point where the Green forces the refs to tee him up. Trump is the same with Mueller. He keeps slamming and taunting Mueller. If Mueller could go either way on the obstruction charge he is going to do it to spite Trump.

Mueller will find no connection with himself and Russia collusion. It will be up to the GOP congress or Democrat congress depending on how the mid terms go to decide what to do. Like with Clinton it will be enough to impeach if you go by the letter of the law but the charges are will be very weak.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Hillary's "Super predator" comment cost her where she needed the votes the most. As the article notes, even at Sanders advanced age he is still willing to learn about the problems others are facing. Hillary simply took these people for granted.
Ah yes, super predator. A statement made one time about gang members, not black youth in general. Made two years after the passage of the 1994 crime bill that Bernie Sanders voted for, but of course Hillary did not as she wasn't in Congress at the time.

You know, the bill that Bernie discussed

Quote:
It is my firm belief that clearly, there are people in our society who are horribly violent, who are deeply sick and sociopathic, and clearly these people must be put behind bars in order to protect society from them.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b08ffac124806b

Gee, that gives me such warm and fuzzy feelings. Hard to believe that his supporters prefer to focus on what Hillary said.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,439,449 times
Quote:
Actually, the Black vote didnt slip under Hillary.

The percentages people calculate are based on registered voters turnout, not actual voter turnout based on previous elections.

For example. If I register a 100 year old person to vote who has never voted before, them staying home and not voting this time hurts the percentage of turnout, but not the actual voter correlation to previous elections.

And to be beat the flaw in your argument home, Bernie did the same thing about attacking Southern and Black voters.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, super predator. A statement made one time about gang members, not black youth in general. Made two years after the passage of the 1994 crime bill that Bernie Sanders voted for, but of course Hillary did not as she wasn't in Congress at the time.

I think this was a minor issue for Hillary Clinton. She was very active in pushing the bill at the time even as the first lady, however. I don't think many black voters switched to Trump because of it.

Her issues were the server, being unlikable and untrustworthy even among Democrats and her campaign deciding that they did not have to worry about Michigan, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. Because somehow they thought that winning the popular vote was enough.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:32 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,477,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I think this was a minor issue for Hillary Clinton. She was very active in pushing the bill at the time even as the first lady, however. I don't think many black voters switched to Trump because of it.

Her issues were the server, being unlikable and untrustworthy even among Democrats and her campaign deciding that they did not have to worry about Michigan, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. Because somehow they thought that winning the popular vote was enough.
The biggest issue IMO was the DNC hack and the bias against Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies