Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 09:59 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You should really know history before you try to use obscure references....

In 1600 the Wampanoag probably were as many as 12,000 with 40 villages divided roughly between 8,000 on the mainland and another 4,000 on the off-shore islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. The three epidemics which swept across New England and the Canadian Maritimes between 1614 and 1620 were especially devastating to the Wampanoag and neighboring Massachuset with mortality in many mainland villages (i.e. Patuxet) reaching 100%. When the Pilgrims landed in 1620, fewer than 2,000 mainland Wampanoag had survived. The island Wampanoag were protected somewhat by their relative isolation and still had 3,000. At least 10 mainland villages had been abandoned after the epidemics, because there was no one left. After English settlement of Massachusetts, epidemics continued to reduce the mainland Wampanoag until there were only 1,000 by 1675.

ww.tolatsga.org/wampa.html

No!

YOU should really KNOW YOUR history before ignorantly posting such brazenly contradictory information which actually reinforces my original point.

The Wampanoags helped the pilgrims survive the winter of 1620. Without their help most historical authorities agree that the pilgrims most likely would have perished due to starvation.

Furthermore, the diseases that wiped out the majority of the Wampanoags came from European explorers and traders that contacted the Wampanoags prior to the arrival of the pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.

Had the Wampanoags decisively and effectively annihilated all migrating Europeans, there's little doubt that most indigenous American offspring would be more plentiful, prosperous, and socially content, than they are today....

Of course, since the annihilation of people was generally NOT a tactic implemented by the Wampanoags, as they were more given to humanistic concerns, than slavery, mass murder, and barbarism.

Outside of being human, the Wampanoags had very little in common with Hitler or other Europeans...

Last edited by zeliner; 06-16-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 05:27 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
So, Hitler s men rip children from their parents and take them to the bathhouse and they were never returned to their parents.
Trumps men rip children from their parents and take them to be bathed at the boarder and are not returned to their parents.

Hitler considered the children and their parents to be illegal citizens in their own country and rounds them up and deported them as criminals.
Trump considers these children and their parents to be asking for asylum in the US , criminals .

The man is just getting started.

He is delusional and the trump party is enabling it.

And you re gonna "wait for it?"

Old 06-16-2018, 07:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why...rump-to-hitler

This is a well-written piece from a Jewish woman, who from her credit, appears to be a student or teacher at Pennsylvania State U. It's from May 2016, but never more relevant as comparisons between Trump and Hitler proliferate from the left. I have actually heard Holocaust survivors quoted as being offended by the comparisons, but unfortunately can't lay my finger on such a quote now.

But this piece will do to make the argument. An excerpt:
I’m a second generation Holocaust Survivor and my entire family is appalled by the comparison!

Most of my family is not supporting Trump but the comparison made them support Trump more due to the painful remarks that are beyond anything that can and should be said.

Today John Legend bashes Paul Ryan for saying his kids made him so happy. Another fool! John Legend is just making more people support the other side that John Legends hates. The hate from the left is so out of control.

Where were their remarks for Obamacare and the same laws in the book!

But you can’t reason with people with no connected brain cells!

Old 06-16-2018, 07:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
You know the Loony Left has run out of arguments when they start crying Nazi and Hitler. They just want to create chaos and division because their corrupt candidate lost the election. It must be embarrassing for people who consider themselves so much smarter than the Deplorables.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:43 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I’m a second generation Holocaust Survivor and my entire family is appalled by the comparison!

Most of my family is not supporting Trump but the comparison made them support Trump more due to the painful remarks that are beyond anything that can and should be said.
I don't remember a President who has been as pro Israel as Trump, which is why calling him a Nazi is a joke. A joke on Loony Leftists.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:01 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I don't remember a President who has been as pro Israel as Trump, which is why calling him a Nazi is a joke. A joke on Loony Leftists.
I haven’t blocked anyone on my Facebook for not voting or agreeing with Trump Buy I have blocked anyone who called him a Nazi!

On top of that are most of the laws the left doesn’t agree with, never repealed while Obama had the majority of the House and Senate and Democrats voted these laws that are on the books.

If someone doesn’t agree with separation of kids and parents then don’t break the law!

I have a ship document from early 1900 where my grandpa and his family cane on the boat to Ellis Island and they were deported! All of them due to illness of two of them that they got during the trip... they all went back and my grandpa died in Auswitz!

I’m not mad at Amerika for not letting them stay... that was the Law at that time!

All these fake sympathy for illegals while not working with the other side to change the law and get a new Law in place, including a wall, is the cause of this all.

The ones who are cursing and bashing are the ones who don’t new laws to prevent this all! Just a bunch of hypocrites!

John Legend should be ashamed of himself!

Old 06-17-2018, 01:08 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How convenient for you not to mention that this isn't Trump's law but a policy that has been on the books for years. How convenient for you not to mention that these children being separated from their parents (not ripped as you so dramatically put it) are the children of illegal aliens and don't deserve to go to jail with their law breaking parents just as we don't do with children of American law breakers.

When did Hitler rip/separate the children of illegal aliens from their parents? Nazism, my a**!
"Sophie's Choice", was not based on any actual events?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:13 AM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
You don't sound like a fan of democracy.
They're not. They want to dictate what you think and say, and if there's any perception that you are not marching in lock step with them they will persecute you like they do with anyone that doesn't agree with them.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:22 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How convenient for you not to mention that this isn't Trump's law but a policy that has been on the books for years. How convenient for you not to mention that these children being separated from their parents (not ripped as you so dramatically put it) are the children of illegal aliens and don't deserve to go to jail with their law breaking parents just as we don't do with children of American law breakers.

When did Hitler rip/separate the children of illegal aliens from their parents? Nazism, my a**!
One more time, hitler declared those he hated as illegal. Criminals in their own country. They were deported as such. Then, well, come on you do know how it goes after they board those trains, right?

Old 06-17-2018, 02:14 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Today John Legend bashes Paul Ryan for saying his kids made him so happy. Another fool! John Legend is just making more people support the other side that John Legends hates. The hate from the left is so out of control.

Where were their remarks for Obamacare and the same laws in the book!

But you can’t reason with people with no connected brain cells!
John Legend is both an artistical genius and a humanitarian. The depth of his concerns for humanity is boundless. Anyone who questions either the authenticity of Mr. John Legend's integrity or his mental clarity is delusional.

For John is most certainly not a fool, but credit to humanity and truly a "Legend" within his own right!

BTW

I can assure you, the only shame that Mr. Legend feels, is that of people who use written law as vehicle to express their most heartless hatred for immigrants of color and their children. To separate children from their migrant parents is both an absolute biblical and humanitarian abomination.

Talk about shame!

PS

Obamacare provided over 20 million Americans with the needed healthcare they previously were denied. Now that we have a racist Alt-Right POTUS who is obsessive about destroying President Obama's legacy, we Americans must sacrifice healtcare for Trump's vanity. We all must lose because of his loser mentality!

Talk about shame!

Last edited by zeliner; 06-17-2018 at 02:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies