Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:02 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Unless you're pro-choice (and if you're not, this is for the pro-life position supporters)

Any pro-choice praising religious groups denunciation of abortion and claiming we're not a theocracy already, yet takes momonkey's view that the SBC is trying to be a theocracy is just trying to have it both ways.

You don't have to support a theocracy to understand that the state should never have the power to decide who is or is not a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 11:05 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Anyone with a non-NYT link?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:06 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Human trafficking has always been messy from Trump to Obama to Bush to Clinton the song remains the same.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Like they believe in the words of the bible.

So, don't bake the cake for the same-sex wedding?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:15 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
"RESOLVED, That we urge citizen Christians to follow the biblical principle of caring for the foreigners among us (Deuteronomy 24:17-22) and the command of Christ to be a neighbor to those in need of assistance (Luke 10:30-37), regardless of their racial or ethnic background, country of origin, or legal status;"

Southern Baptist Convention > On The Crisis Of Illegal Immigration

Southern Baptists coming out in favor of being Good Samaritans?

As I live and breath.

What next? Will they be condemning ripping children from their parents' arms?

Where will this all end?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"RESOLVED, That we urge citizen Christians to follow the biblical principle of caring for the foreigners among us (Deuteronomy 24:17-22) and the command of Christ to be a neighbor to those in need of assistance (Luke 10:30-37), regardless of their racial or ethnic background, country of origin, or legal status;"

As I live and breath.

Where will this all end?
Well they were johnny-come-lately's to the pro-life movement. Maybe in that same vein they are following the Catholics yet again. The pope has already weighed in on this matter.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Anyone with a non-NYT link?

The resolution speaks for itself.

RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Dallas, Texas, June 12–13, 2018, affirm the value and dignity of immigrants, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, culture, national origin, or legal status; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we desire to see immigration reform include an emphasis on securing our borders and providing a pathway to legal status with appropriate restitutionary measures, maintaining the priority of family unity, resulting in an efficient immigration system that honors the value and dignity of those seeking a better life for themselves and their families; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we declare that any form of nativism, mistreatment, or exploitation is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage all elected officials, especially those who are members of Southern Baptist churches, to do everything in their power to advocate for a just and equitable immigration system, those in the professional community to seek ways to administer just and compassionate care for the immigrants in their community, and our Southern Baptist entities to provide resources that will equip and empower churches and church members to reach and serve immigrant communities; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage pastors to address immigration issues with their local churches and to exhort their congregations to serve their local immigrant communities; and be it finally

RESOLVED, That we affirm that all immigrants are either brothers and sisters in Christ or people whom God loves and has given us an opportunity to reach with the gospel where otherwise they may never have heard.

Resolutions - 2018 SBC Annual Meeting

I didn't see anything in it that supports illegal immigration or a free pass to fence jumpers that bring their children along.

If I shoplift, drive drunk, trespass or do anything else that will cause me to be arrested, and if I bring a small child with me when I commit any of these minor crimes, the child won't be accompanying me to the grey-bar inn and I don't get to avoid arrest because the child is present, so why is illegal entry into the United States different?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The resolution speaks for itself.

RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Dallas, Texas, June 12–13, 2018, affirm the value and dignity of immigrants, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, culture, national origin, or legal status; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we desire to see immigration reform include an emphasis on securing our borders and providing a pathway to legal status with appropriate restitutionary measures, maintaining the priority of family unity, resulting in an efficient immigration system that honors the value and dignity of those seeking a better life for themselves and their families; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we declare that any form of nativism, mistreatment, or exploitation is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage all elected officials, especially those who are members of Southern Baptist churches, to do everything in their power to advocate for a just and equitable immigration system, those in the professional community to seek ways to administer just and compassionate care for the immigrants in their community, and our Southern Baptist entities to provide resources that will equip and empower churches and church members to reach and serve immigrant communities; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage pastors to address immigration issues with their local churches and to exhort their congregations to serve their local immigrant communities; and be it finally

RESOLVED, That we affirm that all immigrants are either brothers and sisters in Christ or people whom God loves and has given us an opportunity to reach with the gospel where otherwise they may never have heard.

Resolutions - 2018 SBC Annual Meeting

I didn't see anything in it that supports illegal immigration or a free pass to fence jumpers that bring their children along.

If I shoplift, drive drunk, trespass or do anything else that will cause me to be arrested, and if I bring a small child with me when I commit any of these minor crimes, the child won't be accompanying me to the grey-bar inn and I don't get to avoid arrest because the child is present, so why is illegal entry into the United States different?

Perhaps not but I do note a tone of compassion And in fact that word was used once.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

As I live and breath.

Where will this all end?

Just got stopped by mall security for stealing some clothes from Forever 21 and the local police are on their way to haul me off to jail, but I have my two minor children with me.

Do I get to leave without being booked into the local jail because I made the adult decision to break the law with my children present?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:03 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Seeking asylum is not illegal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies