Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 AM

11,906 posts, read 5,544,113 times

Advertisements

Oh, good grief. I don't have a gun, but I think I might get one, just so I can wave it around in the face of the next person who claims that the evil liberals want to disarm everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 04:32 AM

19,743 posts, read 11,987,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Oh, good grief. I don't have a gun, but I think I might get one, just so I can wave it around in the face of the next person who claims that the evil liberals want to disarm everyone.
That certainly sounds stable.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:48 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,390,532 times
Quote:
If I lived in America, I'd like a gun. I would want a silver plated Colt 45, with a real nice holster and matching belt, with those leather hoops to hold the bullets.

I would wear it in the house, and have a costume like John Wayne wore......... You know, those shirts with buttons down the side. Just need a cowboy hat, and I'd be good to go. I'd stand in front of a long mirror, draw my gun, and say, "you talkin' to me pilgrim?"........

This would be just on Sundays. I wouldn't want any bullets for the gun. That could be dangerous.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:59 AM

17,655 posts, read 13,497,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
... former gun owners would just find OTHER means to ensure protection, such as knives, clubs, swords, baseball bats, automobiles, lawnmower blades, etc.

If people are bent on protecting their families, they will FIND a way.

Don't forget swimming pools. The honorable former gun owner bent on protecting his family would have a swimming pool so he could drag the bad guy out there and drown him.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:03 AM

12,260 posts, read 6,418,733 times
Paranoia is a symptom of mental disease. Should people suffering from paranoia be allowed to play with guns at all?

Old 06-17-2018, 05:11 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,286,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Don't forget swimming pools. The honorable former gun owner bent on protecting his family would have a swimming pool so he could drag the bad guy out there and drown him.
Gun enthusiasts are fond of making statements such as, "If you take away the firearms from lunatics bent on killing, they'll just find another way to kill, such as knives, clubs ..."

So apparently lunatics are more resourceful.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:39 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,353,475 times
Quote:
I feel the same way, and I have joined the NRA to show my disdain for the left.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That certainly sounds stable.
It also sounds like a joke, or at least it did when I wrote it.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I feel the same way, and I have joined the NRA to show my disdain for the left.
I doubt it.

The gun I might actually get, although not to use in the way I mentioned earlier. It would probably be for hunting. I like venison. The NRA, however, will have to do its worst without me.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
If I lived in America, I'd like a gun. I would want a silver plated Colt 45, with a real nice holster and matching belt, with those leather hoops to hold the bullets.

I would wear it in the house, and have a costume like John Wayne wore......... You know, those shirts with buttons down the side. Just need a cowboy hat, and I'd be good to go. I'd stand in front of a long mirror, draw my gun, and say, "you talkin' to me pilgrim?"........

This would be just on Sundays. I wouldn't want any bullets for the gun. That could be dangerous.
Meh, forget John Wayne. Get one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCr8QSGYss

Never was much of a Duke fan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies