Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:29 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talented guy but obviously low class.
And our president isn’t considered low class with all his insults towards people who don’t deserve it. Oh but they disagreed with him John Legend has more class than Trump ever had
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 10:33 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
LOL. Americans are done with these scum and are just verbalizing to them (Donnie et al) what they’ve been saying AND DOING to Americans (and others such as our allies) ever since this NIGHTMARE started walking down America’s MAIN STREET last November.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:58 PM

574 posts, read 382,697 times
Oh good, more trash that does not help further politics discourse.... just what we need in this country :/ Furthermore, why people care about what celebrities think is beyond me

Old 06-16-2018, 11:01 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talented guy but obviously low class.
lol, I can’t even take you people seriously. Legend is just telling it like it is.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Is he advocating jailing the kids along with their parents?!

Old 06-16-2018, 11:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Is he advocating jailing the kids along with their parents?!
Better than jailing them separately.

You don’t think these kids are staying at the Hilton, do you?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:20 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Better than jailing them separately.

You don’t think these kids are staying at the Hilton, do you?
The law doesn't allow them to be jailed in jails/prisons where their parents are going. Do you suggest we should just let them pass through the border as they wish?

I would love to hear a plan or solution from the left as to what to do with this situation, but as of now, I have not heard anything.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:34 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good. Who is Paul Ryan anyway? Trump punked him out a long time ago, so he doesn’t deserve any respect. Paul Ryan barely qualifies as a man anymore. He’s more like a eunuch.

Every Republican that Trump put a skirt on should face similar disrespect.

You are absolutely right, Ryan looks like a whipped dog, with his tail between his legs. He can't even look people in the eye any longer. When I see all of these "men" who have folded, I lose even more respect for the Republican party than I once had. What a bunch of weak *****.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You know, I see your point.

John Legend should absolutely tolerate the Republicans allowing children to be separated from their parents in detention centers.

Please go tell this to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops and to the Southern Baptist Convention, because they've been speaking out against the separation of kids from their families in those detention centers and it seems they must just be intolerant phonies, eh?
Apparently so, since as far as I know those parents losing their children at the border are breaking the law by entering our country illegally. And the last time I checked, the law is supposed to be upheld equally in this country. That means if I, an American citizen get in trouble, I may go to prison or some other detention center. And when they take me....wait for it......I won't get to take my children with me either. Because I broke the law, and in the United States we get punished for that, and our prisons aren't made to house criminals and their love ones. So yes, people illegally crossing our borders are being detained, and their children are being removed to a safe location while the parents situation is sorted out. Just as it should be, and would be, if it were me in their shoes. So personally, I could care less what the US Conference of Catholic Bishops or the Southern Baptists have to say about it. At some point you have to insist that the laws governing this country be applied to those who are breaking them.

I'm sorry, but I'm really getting tired of this narrative. It's simply the law. They are breaking it, and they are being held to account for their actions. I tell you what would really be funny. The headlines I'd read if instead of taking the children away from the parents, they were actually being housed in jails and detention centers with the parents. Can you imagine!!!! "TRUMP PUTS LITTLE KIDS IN JAIL!" "Republicans Interning Small Children In Detention Centers!" Please everyone, get a grip and realize these people you are so up in arms about are breaking the law, and they are being treated just like you would if you broke the law. You would not get to keep your kids if you broke the law and went to jail. Why do you think these people should receive different treatment than you, an actual citizen, would receive?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Yep, the "open-minded, inclusive, diverse, tolerant, kumbaya" crowd continues to prove how deeply PHONY they actually are.

It's time to find them an island where they can all go and just complain, nitpick and abuse everything and everyone in their twisted "paradise". The can elect nutcake DeNiro as their Prez.

America would be so much happier and more prosperous without so many nasty regressive types.
In regards to your exodus start with Trump. You will make millions happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies