Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 11:23 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,439,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the point is insurance has NEVER been about care, its about who is paying YOUR bill

its your health
its your body
its your doctor
its the service your doctor provides
its YOUR BILL, pay your own darn bill, dont EXPECT others to pay for you
isn't it amazing how the ones usually crying the most about how the government should stay out of healthcare, you know basic protections for its citizens that every other industrialized major nation provides, that these are the ones usually crying for the government to get involved to alter economic policy to the detriment of the majority to bring back jobs that we can't compete on anymore.

So in short- government - get out of business of making sure OTHER people have access to healthcare in "greatest country in the world" because nobody is owed the right to health care BUT -government- GET INVOLVED to ensure my antiquated job comes back because I deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,714,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans have tiger by the tail.

They rounded up a bunch of people that would believe any old BS. Kerry was a coward. (For patrolling the Mekong Delta in open Swift Boats rescuing downed pilots, no less. ), Bush/Cheney were mistaken about the WMDs (Easy mistake to make. Chalabi was soooo believable. Who would have thought he was just a con man and and a liar?) Trickle down economics is surely going to work this time. (Despite the fact it defies all logic and any sense of how supply and demand works.) Vote in Republicans in and we'll pack the Supreme Court with corporate shills. "No, no, we meant judges who will make abortions illegal again. That's what we really meant." ...

So they have cultivated this base of gullible folks who now have bought Trump's con man routine hook, line, and sinker.

If they oppose Trump, they are branded RINOs and run out of the party.

Not one Republican, not even a mother will stand up against Trump and Stephen Miller.

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/st...66769042526209
More Reps !!!!! Wow. Spot on.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:28 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,714,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfella View Post
The Republican Party party position on everything:

Take what the Democrats believe ten years ago, and that's what The Republicans believe.

Because our democracy has been subverted, we are unable to talk about the elephant in the room: every other group except whites are playing identity politics, and the only people (en masse) who care about "conservative" principles are white gentiles.

The Republicans refuse to come to grips with this for the aforementioned reason of Jewish subversion, and they are therefore completely irrelevant.

The Republican Party won't even exist in twenty years. The idea that a white minority America will still babble incoherently about muh principles muh constitution etc. is laughable.

The future of right wing politics is white nationalism. The boomers will never accept this psychologically. Once they die, alas, politics will become alive again.
I was waiting for it. And you didn't disappoint. First page of comments and the Jews are blamed. Smh.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:32 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,418,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If I went to a foreign country's border and entered illegally, then I would expect to be punished for breaking their law. That is the perfect application of the Golden Rule.

So, why the disagreement?
Blaming others.
Own it.
Trump can stop the child abuse He Knows is happening, with a phone call , but he d rather not and then go the extra cowardly mile by saying the democrats are doing the abusing, not him.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:35 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,515,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I beg to differ, dear poster. The corporate cuts are permanent, while the individual changes expire at the end of 2025, just coinciding with Trump's returning to (hopeful) obscurity, if he should get two terms.

And if a working class hero's idea of health care is that all you have to do to get free care is turn up somewhere on your last legs, then I despair. A doctor will turn you away so fast your head will spin if you don't have insurance or a healthy checkbook. A hospital will take you in and charge everyone else for your care. Maybe that's the kind of medical care you've been using.

Try to get an appt. with a medical provider. First thing they ask is for your insurance. No insurance? They'll get back to you.

Mom had Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield and even she had trouble getting a medical office to schedule an appointment.

I have several relatives who don't have insurance. All pay cash. None has a regular doctor. Even the one who has diabetes goes to grant-supported clinic with a sliding scale fee and sees an NP.

Emergency Rooms will see anyone who walks through the door, but they won't schedule surgery for your torn rotator cuff, your badly needed knee replacement, ... unless you have insurance or can hand over the cash ahead of time. They just won't.

This is the free-market health care that Republicans are supporting.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:41 AM

18,423 posts, read 9,046,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
They pandered to religious lunatics to win elections and have now been pushed into insanity by the 24 hour fake news cycle. Fox/hannity/rush all peddle false situations to control people via fear. We are left with a large base of fanatical, uneducated, angry people that simply need someone to direct their hate. Enter Trump.
That.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:49 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,418,568 times
Quote:
the point is insurance has NEVER been about care, its about who is paying YOUR bill

its your health
its your body
its your doctor
Can we just go back to that and get these 3rd party's out of my hospital gown!!!

Old 06-18-2018, 12:23 PM

4,593 posts, read 3,245,909 times
Quote:

its your health
its your body
its your doctor
This is a typically short-sighted response to the fact that not everyone is as healthy as you apparently are. Some people, through no fault of their own, have incredible health problems. How can another person sit by and say to him, "it's your problem. I look the other way." This is not what we are about in this country, I do hope. A failing heart should not be a death sentence for a teenager, but how to buy the cure if you are a "working class hero" and not a millionaire?

Since we don't get health care without paying for it (because doctors have to eat, too) insurance was invented. The many pay a little so that everyone can be helped. If insurance is designed so that the many do not actually have to participate if they do not want, then everyone has to pay more so that everyone can be helped. This is what has now happened with the "opt out" situation the administration has now introduced. Now we have a mess.

I'll stop the rant now.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,794,954 times
If everyone had to save for potential healthcare needs the economy would grind to a halt. My wife’s bills topped 400k last year. Imagine if you had to keep a half million in reserve for potential health events.

Insurance is a must. The argument is over who pays.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:08 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,515,803 times
Stunning news about Republicans.

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/st...55559393210368
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies