Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
If you want to say "long term civil servants" than ok. Anyone can understand that . The deep state Illuminati Kabal stuff is really really bad. It's Pizzagate redux. it's propaganda used to try and support corruption at the highest levels...
Yes you are correct. The Deep-State does not exist. What you wrote and what I bolded, that definition of Deep-State does not exist. That is just right wing propaganda

Old 06-18-2018, 06:27 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
Whst is the Deep State? For those of us who despise Trump but don't watch trash news, we have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:31 PM

25,551 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Whst is the Deep State? For those of us who despise Trump but don't watch trash news, we have no idea what you're talking about.
Nonsense.
Look it up.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:49 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,332,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The reason why I ask this question is that those that be who have been employed by Ronald Reagan and nearing retirement, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama hired civil employees. All of these civil employees undermined Donald Trump decision making or any decision making that comes from his cabinet members. Also since for those who are lefties and hate Trump, and used to have hatred for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes. Do you guys have a change of heart for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes due to the fact their administration still have employees working for the Federal government and are undermining Donald Trump?

Also I'm not a Trump supporter or voted for Donald Trump either. I'm just asking, are those who hate Trump, are thankful for the existence of the Deep State?
There is no Deep State, and I offer tin foil hats to anyone that believes there is.

Your presumptions are all wrong. I disliked Reagan and the Bushes. With Reagan, I despised many of his domestic policies. I will give him credit for some of his foreign policy achievements. The Bushes look like saints in hindsight.

What differs dramatically is that I did respect them as the President of the U.S. I cannot say that currently about a man that is using the office for his own narcissistic pleasure and is not deserving of respect in any way.

And if there are people trying to undermine Trump, more power to them and well wishes.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
The way this propaganda works is that any gov official that disagrees with a trump policy OR uncovers corruption or crimes will be labeled "deep state". It's genius.....

Old 06-18-2018, 07:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
There is no deep state. Stop watching such nonsense. If there was some great hidden deep state controlling it all I'd be far FAR happier. they seem to be immensely capable. But I assure you, we are not that fortunate to have such capable folks in charge.
How do explain the Catherine Englebrecht case? She and her husband ran a machine shop in Texas, gong decades with no attention from the feds. She started a conservative 501(c)(4) called 'True the Vote' dedicated to election monitoring.

Within a short time she was repeatedly audited, and was contacted by no less than four federal agencies (including, IIRC twice by the FBI).
The story is covered in some detail in the excellent book The Intimidation Game by WSJ reporter Kim Strassel. Below post is from another thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68
Look up Katherine Englebrecht's story about her applying for 503(c) something status for her organization, True the Vote. Her business was audited for the first time, then she had visits from OSHA, ATF, and IRS all within a few weeks when she had not seen them before she applied for IRS status. She was absolutely sure it was meant as intimidation.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
There is no Deep State, and I offer tin foil hats to anyone that believes there is.

So you too, in case greywar does not return to reply--how would you explain Catherine Englebrecht?

Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
We can only hope the deep state is real and that it brings down Trump. They say he is a legitimately elected President, but I don't think so. I voted for Hillary, as I always vote a straight Democrat ticket. The Democrats have been very good to me, allowing me to keep my business going. If I had to pay a cent over $5 per hour, that is, if I ran out of an endless supply of undocumented labor, I would have to cut back significantly. Luckily Jerry, Chuck and Nancy keep me going.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:08 PM

This is a good summary of the Englebrecht story, since I don't have my copy of Kim Strassel's book right now.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/...-kay-melchior/

IIRC she and her husband had been in business since around 1990, with zero contact from feds other than filing annual tax forms.
She filed for 501(c)(4) status with the IRS in July, 2010. That winter, the FBI showed up at her shop asking questions about a group member. In Jan 2010, the IRS showed up to audit her business. In 2011, the FBI made four further inquiries. In Feb 2012 the BATF showed up to do an unscheduled audit. The company had a license to make gun parts, which they had never used. In July 2012 OSHA showed up to audit them. They were fined $17,500 for violations such as not having the correct kind of seat belt on a forklift. In Nov 2012, the Texas state version of the EPA showed up.

After three years she still had not received tax exempt status for 'True the Vote.'

But the deep state is tin-foil hat stuff, right? It's all just coincidence that after 20 years of zero contact, she was suddenly deluged with contact from the feds? Or do some of you doubting Thomas liberals have an alternative explanation?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:32 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,332,649 times
She tried to found a non-profit. If I claimed to form a non-profit multiple agencies would be investigating my actual business. Frankly, she's a hero on right wing nut websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.