Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Dont like abortions? Dont get one.

Problem solved.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Pope Francis Was Right to Compare Abortion to Nazi Eugencis | LifeNews.com

A welcome warning
Communicating his pro-life stance, Pope Francis lamented over society’s ‘throw away’ culture which glorifies perfection and disregards the impoverished, elderly and unborn, deeming them unworthy of life. This reaffirmation of the Catholic Church’s position has been welcomed by SPUC Scotland’s Director of Communications and Campaigns, Michael Robinson, who said: “This message should not only remind us to care and protect our most vulnerable, but it should stand as a harrowing warning over the wave of discrimination drowning our society in the guise of healthcare.”

Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mes/707661002/

VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis on Saturday said that the use of abortion to terminate pregnancies likely to produce disabled or chronically ill children was the product of a Nazi mentality.

Franklin Graham---

I appreciate Pope Francis boldly speaking out for the unborn. The Pope denounced abortion, calling it the “white glove” equivalent of the Nazi-era eugenics program. He also encouraged families to accept children "as God gives them to us.” He’s right, and our society needs to hear this message now more than ever. God’s Word says, “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward” (Psalm 127:3). We can never stop praying for an end to abortion—will you pray that our nation would wake up and protect the most vulnerable among us?

Clearly many are against abortion and are speaking up.
You’re always posting threads about abortion. Have you had abortions? Is this how you think you can atone?

Would you like to tell us your story?

Old 06-18-2018, 11:23 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:

VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis on Saturday said that the use of abortion to terminate pregnancies likely to produce disabled or chronically ill children was the product of a Nazi mentality.

Franklin Graham---

I appreciate Pope Francis boldly speaking out for the unborn. The Pope denounced abortion, calling it the “white glove” equivalent of the Nazi-era eugenics program. He also encouraged families to accept children "as God gives them to us.” He’s right, and our society needs to hear this message now more than ever. God’s Word says, “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward” (Psalm 127:3). We can never stop praying for an end to abortion—will you pray that our nation would wake up and protect the most vulnerable among us?

Abortion is legal as it should be. You guys would rather have back alley abortions again which would exactly happen. Why would you want to go back to that.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:02 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Pope Francis Was Right to Compare Abortion to Nazi Eugencis | LifeNews.com

A welcome warning
Communicating his pro-life stance, Pope Francis lamented over society’s ‘throw away’ culture which glorifies perfection and disregards the impoverished, elderly and unborn, deeming them unworthy of life. This reaffirmation of the Catholic Church’s position has been welcomed by SPUC Scotland’s Director of Communications and Campaigns, Michael Robinson, who said: “This message should not only remind us to care and protect our most vulnerable, but it should stand as a harrowing warning over the wave of discrimination drowning our society in the guise of healthcare.”
You still have not said anything about my earlier question, other than to accuse me of deflecting.

One of the biggest problems I have with some pro-lifers is that they are determined to shred the very social safety net that would support people who DO have severely disabled or chronically ill children. How, pray tell, does that attitude align with protecting the impoverished, elderly, and unborn?

What was your response when Pope Francis said that healthcare is a right, and not a privilege?

What is your response when Republicans propose slashing Medicaid? What about Medicare?

What is your response to the lack of affordable housing in this country?

What is your response to people who would like to do away with SNAP?

I'm pretty sure you will either ignore my question or accuse me of deflecting again, but these things matter. In some cases, they matter a lot, in terms of whether or not a woman chooses to carry a pregnancy to term. Do you have any idea how financially devastating some of the conditions that lead a woman to abort can be? Money should not be a factor in the decision, but unfortunately, for many people it is, not because they want it to be, but because it comes down to the survival of the rest of the family. Can we not talk about how to change that, or is asking the question just more "deflecting?"

I suspect, based on your posts, that you would like to see abortion outlawed. If that is the case - and please correct me if I am wrong - shouldn't the government that prohibits it also take steps to ensure that these children are cared for after they've been born?

Old 06-19-2018, 04:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:

Franklin Graham---

OK. So, in order to avoid Nazi-type eugenics, fight for prohibiting abortions of confirmed cases of "defective" children and leave alone those choosing the process for other reasons.
(Do have a plan for taking care of the 'defective' ones)

Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't understand how any practicing Christian could have a different opinion than the pope on abortion.

I don't understand why the word C-H-O-I-C-E is so difficult for some to understand.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Abortion is legal as it should be. You guys would rather have back alley abortions again which would exactly happen. Why would you want to go back to that.
Religion often seems more about controlling the flock than about God.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:39 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Beware of the Kool-Aid from the pulpit.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Catholic charities takes care of many of them.
For life? do they pay million dollar hospital bills...…? I think not...….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies