Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:19 PM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Do you like freedom of speech? David Hogg is using his to express his dislike for Laura Ingraham, and katygirl68 is using hers to say she doesn't like David Hogg, as am I.

In fact, maybe katygirl68 an I could start a boycott. Any product David Hogg is seen with, uses, endorses, etc...we should boycott those products and tell them until they disavow David Hogg, we won't use their products. David Hogg should appreciate our peaceful use of freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 10:22 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,805,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The NRA does have blood on its hands you have reading comprehension troubles I never said the NRA is the cause of it all.

No president has addressed mental health.

There isn’t an idea on sensible gun regulation that you wouldn’t shoot down so no need I probably side with Hogg more than you do.
Why on Earth would anyone want to hear about your sensible new laws when they look like the proposed bans and most likely are similar to current laws that we just dont seem to care to enforce? Enforce the laws we already have, for real enforcement, and the let's talk about where they could stand to be improved.

Until then, stick your gun control in the trash or another equally stinky place.

And Hogg is just a tool of the anti-gun left. And I dont believe for a second that this fired up attitude of his is new. I think hes been an insufferable ass to lots of people for a long time. You dont see a lot of his classmates saying what a swell guy he is, do you? It's interesting how little we've actually learned about him, dont you think?

Added: Hogg doesn't get under my skin because hes in the spotlight. He pisses me off because he, like many here, are advocating restricting a Constitutional right using emotion-based arguments that are very light on facts. And there are many misleading statements made by the same.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, his haters tend to overlook that little fact, and they prefer to take cheap shots at him because he is actually doing something instead of sitting on his can, waiting for the next massacre to happen.

These kids are the real heros of this country.
I’m not overlooking that fact. I am fine with him going after politicians if he objects to their policies, but Laura Ingraham just insulted him and he didn’t like it. She’s not the cause of he-who-must-not-be-named going into Hogg’s school and murdering 17 people. If Hogg put as much effort into going after the Broward County School administration and the police who had a lot more to do with not preventing this from happening, then I’d have a hell of a lot more respect for him.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:27 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,381,424 times
Who cares what a teenager says?

Let alone one whose so bizarre and psychopathic that he is able to (and wants to) calmly interview a peer as she is scared that she will be murdered by a serial killer that is stalking them with a rifle. Strategic silence, empathy, the girl's privacy in the most stressful moment of her life, and a normal sense of priority be damned.

The kid gives me the creeps in a big way. He's obviously a huge opportunist, in a manner that is detached from the situation as a whole. Someone should check his yard for buried dead animals.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:37 PM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If we get these advertisers pulled maybe @Ingraham will have to become a camp counselor and learn how wrong she is.
1. @BeachesResorts & @SandalsResorts
2.@SIRIUSXM
3. @CarfaxReports
4. @AceHardware
5. IAC (Angie’s List, Home Advisor, Match)
6. @Cabelas
7. @JohnDeere

— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) June 19, 2018

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32031...-ryan-saavedra

Will he be more successful this time?

David who?

Old 06-19-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Hasn't he learned from watching the politicians? He's supposed to offer thoughts and prayers and then sit on his ass and do nothing further. That's the only acceptable response to the slaughter that routinely takes place in this country.

Here's a thought that must terrify you. Hogg is 18, and he is going to VOTE this November, along with millions of his contemporaries. And they aren't the "thoughts and prayers" types of voters.
He hasn’t been interested in advocating for better security, which is the only thing that could prevent this in the future. I’m okay with some of their ideas too. If handguns can’t be purchased by people under 21, then why should AR-15s? But they immediately blamed the NRA and its members and gave the Broward County Sheriff’s office and the school administrators a pass, which ensured that nothing would ever get done.

Why do these activists not understand that in order to be effective, they can’t alienate half the country? Those were the people they wanted to reach, but shaming them and blaming them for murders they had nothing to do with and showing that gun rights advocates were right for suspecting these people want a total gun ban eventually isn’t going to solve one thing about this issue other than making it even harder to get the supposed sensible gun laws passed.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I’m not overlooking that fact. I am fine with him going after politicians if he objects to their policies, but Laura Ingraham just insulted him and he didn’t like it. She’s not the cause of he-who-must-not-be-named going into Hogg’s school and murdering 17 people. If Hogg put as much effort into going after the Broward County School administration and the police who had a lot more to do with not preventing this from happening, then I’d have a hell of a lot more respect for him.
In this newest instance, she didn’t insult Hogg. She compared immigration centers to summer camp. I would hope 99% of our country would disagree with her. But there are crickets coming from trumps supports and members of Congress because they are scared of him...poor babies. They care more about getting re elected than our country. So Hogg got involved just like so many others

Old 06-19-2018, 10:55 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,368,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He hasn’t been interested in advocating for better security, which is the only thing that could prevent this in the future. I’m okay with some of their ideas too. If handguns can’t be purchased by people under 21, then why should AR-15s? But they immediately blamed the NRA and its members and gave the Broward County Sheriff’s office and the school administrators a pass, which ensured that nothing would ever get done.

Why do these activists not understand that in order to be effective, they can’t alienate half the country? Those were the people they wanted to reach, but shaming them and blaming them for murders they had nothing to do with and showing that gun rights advocates were right for suspecting these people want a total gun ban eventually isn’t going to solve one thing about this issue other than making it even harder to get the supposed sensible gun laws passed.
They gave the local gov in Broward County a pass because it’s a blue county in a red State .

66 percent voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 .

Old 06-19-2018, 10:57 PM

19,594 posts, read 22,468,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Who cares what a teenager says?

Let alone one whose so bizarre and psychopathic that he is able to (and wants to) calmly interview a peer as she is scared that she will be murdered by a serial killer that is stalking them with a rifle. Strategic silence, empathy, the girl's privacy in the most stressful moment of her life, and a normal sense of priority be damned.

The kid gives me the creeps in a big way. He's obviously a huge opportunist, in a manner that is detached from the situation as a whole. Someone should check his yard for buried dead animals.
Maybe someone should check yours .. hmmm?

Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,182,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So Hogg got involved just like so many others
With the border rush, Hogg sensed his 15 minutes is about up so he goes back to the Laura Ingraham well. WTH, he might as well screen Laura's show the night before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies