Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He didn’t attack the Mexican people despite what CNN and the liberal media says . He was saying that criminals are coming here illegally and causing crime and we should secure our border . Which is basically what Bill Clinton stated years back when he spoke about illegal alien crime .

Find me where he said “I hate Mexicans “ or “I hate immigrants “ , you can’t.

Well that didn't take long. June 15, 2015

"When Mexico sends it people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. - Donald Trump

May 16, 2018

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said.
"These aren't people. These are animals."

Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
He boots it to congress to handle because he knows he's screwed the pooch on this one. All conventions suggest he's behaving like a despot dictator without any regard to human rights.

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu...9&context=bjil

https://www.unicef.nl/files/English%...convention.pdf

Congress critters allowing this to continue are complicit.
No, booting it to Congress is exactly because he's not a dictator.

FYI - Dems in Congress have refused to acknowledge and vote on a law ending this. They want the President to handle it. Any guesses why?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:43 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think your perception of what their life is like is a little off.

Saw footage of a story done a while back about a neighborhood over run from gang. A family were sleeping in their apartment when the gangs came in -- shot their kids, blah blah blah.

Bad neighborhood -- yeah -- okay.
There are places like that in the US and in many countries. There were nine homicides in Chicago last weekend.

Too many sheltered lefties who don't understand reality. This is not what asylum was designed for.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:46 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Mexico depends on the US more than the US depends on them. Watch what happens when the aid money suddenly stops. Their groveling will be entertaining.
According to this USA Today article :

Quote:
The largest chunk of U.S. aid goes toward law enforcement — including helping Mexican authorities capture drug lords — supporting improvements to the Mexican judicial system and security, including along Mexico’s southern border, helping stem the flow of immigrants from Central and South America.

“If we cut off aid to Mexico, we strengthen the drug cartels, we make our border region a lot more lawless place, and we make it easier for undocumented immigrants from Central America to reach the U.S.-Mexico border,” said Mark Jones, a political science professor at Rice University who specializes in Latin America.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I live in Central Mexico. As I warned on CD over a year ago, Mexico will repay trump times a hundred, for his loathsome attacks on the Mexican people. At that time I said that MX will open the floodgates of Central Americans, rather than stop them at MX's southern border, which they had been doing as an ally of the US. Mexico also used to grant asylum to many of these same people.

Well, trump's chickens have come home to roost. And this is just a downpayment for his stupid insults to Mexicans. When AMLO takes office later this year, this s*** storm really hits the fan.

Viva Mexico!
I can appreciate the irony in that...……..

Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There are places like that in the US and in many countries. There were nine homicides in Chicago last weekend.

Too many sheltered lefties who don't understand reality. This is not what asylum was designed for.
Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion
If you are eligible for asylum you may be permitted to remain in the United States. To apply for Asylum, file a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, within one year of your arrival to the United States. There is no fee to apply for asylum.

Direct from USCIS https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-asylum/asylum

Old 06-20-2018, 10:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Lack of better opportunities" is not a cause to grant asylum.

PS - my grandparents came here legally.

PS - Asylum is legal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies