Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times

Advertisements

The illegal immigrants story was exposed when Trump was running. It's easier to assume that every single thing Trump complains about, he has done himself or is doing more of himself. Whether it is hiring illegals, outsourcing manufacturing, campaigning on tax payer money, pay to play, profiting while in office, golf, vacations, business failures, even wasting taxpayer money on security. He does it all shamelessly while hugging a flag and that's all it takes for his supporters, who will rush to his defense no matter what it is. And if there's no defense, they shrug and say he's a businessman, as if that inoculates him from everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeah, and I understand the meaning of the phrase "the buck stops here" also.
and we haven't seen that since Truman (great President)(that is what we need, another Truman)... from either party, nor from majority of businesses

Old 06-20-2018, 06:24 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong again..
trump inc.. is not Donald trump personally

trump inc hired a contractor.. who then did an ILLEGAL thing

trump inc ended up paying for the contractor ''error'' (crime)

you do understand the difference between corporations (C, S and LLC) and sole proprietor ?? and the legal/liability difference??
Did you even open the link?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:26 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump personally paid them. See post #11 for details.
That isn't how I read it. I read it that at one point A Trump owned company took over pay payroll from a Contractor. No where does it say that Donald Trump personally paid anyone.
Perhaps we have a difference of what personally means.
Me: I personally took money from my wallet or wrote a check to pay the bill.
You: One of many companies owned by an individual made payroll. = personally
I would agree with you if Trump had a small company where he was personally signing checks.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:35 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That isn't how I read it. I read it that at one point A Trump owned company took over pay payroll from a Contractor. No where does it say that Donald Trump personally paid anyone.
Perhaps we have a difference of what personally means.
Me: I personally took money from my wallet or wrote a check to pay the bill.
You: One of many companies owned by an individual made payroll. = personally
I would agree with you if Trump had a small company where he was personally signing checks.
Trump commented on the fact that the illegal Polish workers were on the jobsite, and if he didn't know his organization was paying the bills directly, he's not much of a manager.

Therefore: He knew they were illegal, he knew they were on his jobsite, and he knew he was paying them. That makes him an accessory. If he had been opposed to illegals he woulfd have fired the contractor and turned him in for labor violations. But that's not how the Mafia works, is it...?

Last edited by cuebald; 06-20-2018 at 06:59 PM..

Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Did you even open the link?
how do you think I got the name of the contractor...

the issue was the contractor...

Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Check out the podcast Trump, Inc. It's kinda an open source investigation into all things Trump.

The level of corruption is amazing, both before and after the Presidency.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-20-2018, 06:42 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
38-39 years ago

Old 06-20-2018, 06:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Trump commented on the fact that the illegal Polish workers were on the jopbsite, and if he didn't know his organization was paying the bills directly, he's not much of a manager.

Therefore: He knew they were illegal, he knew they were on his jobsite, and he knew he was paying them. That makes him an accessory. If he had been opposed to illegals he woulfd have fired the contractor and turned him in for labor violations. But that's not how the Mafia works, is it...?
You have succeeded in moving your goal posts.
You now admit that he did not personally pay the illegals. You have changed your argument to he was an accessory and that if he didn't know a part of his org was paying the bills he wasn't much of a manager.
I would argue that it depends upon how big the org is.
You then state that he knew they were illegal and should have reported them. The left will criticize people for turning in illegals. Back then Trump was a democrat. There was no law for verifying legal status of your employees much less those of a sub contractor. As far as I know there is still no law for verifying the legal status of employees or sub contractors employees.
Making E-Verify a federal requirement would fix that loophole employers use.
Look I detest Trump, and I hate to argue for him. He is bad enough where we dont need to make things up to make him look bad. Hammer the orange idiot on his actual stupid mistakes.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Trump commented on the fact that the illegal Polish workers were on the jopbsite, and if he didn't know his organization was paying the bills directly, he's not much of a manager.

no.. you didn't read you own link

trump commented of how good the polish (not knowing they were illegal) workers were.... " those polish guys do good work"..... same as we said when "the Irish guys did good work" on building the empire state building in one year.... took union guys 10+ years to build the world trade center 100 years later.... immigrants (legal) do very good work, that the lazy US unions cant

I served with (and am still friends with) a guy from Italy (born and raised in Italy).. he came to the US, (legally), then joined the US military, holds a dual citizenship …. one of the hardest (and best) workers I ever met... even he would tell you, the unions of today are too corrupt

the entire area of Greenpoint, Brooklyn was once all Polish (99.9% legal)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies