Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 02:09 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Exactly. This post should have ended the thread.
no. you are wrong. It is perfectly clear from the context of the study that the researchers are stating it is a very bad form of discrimination that most normal men (Yea I just said that) don't want to date or have sex with a trans female.

They are in fact attempting to baseline this opinion for the purpose of pointing out how wrong it is. That is very clear from reading the study itself. they use that kind of language.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:11 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There's no such thing as "cisgender." There's only normal and abnormal.

Not dating transgenders is not discrimination.

Transgenderism is just a bizarre form of homosexuality, and since 98% of the population are not homosexuals, they're not going to date homosexuals.

If transgenders have a problem with that, that's just too bad.
So far, the only ones with a problem I've seen in this thread are those who are complaining about trans people.

Gender identification is not the same thing as sexual orientation. Your claim that it's just "a bizarre form of homosexuality" is absurd. So far, to my knowledge, only one trans person has posted here, and she likes other women, not men. That kind of blows your argument all to hell.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:20 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
The research indicated exactly the opposite of what your dumb post says.

The vast majority of people don't want to date trans people. The vast majority of people don't date trans people. Nobody is forcing us to date a Trans person, or even asking us to. Good Christians, and other good people are just asking that we treat Trans people, and all other people with basic human decency and respect.

If you're busy spelling out and repeating the word, why don't you look up its definitions.

b psychology : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently.

The fearmongering on the right for so many social issues continues to confound me. We made interracial relationships ok, are you now forced to sleep with minorities?

We made gay marriage legal, are you now shamed for not having gay sex?
Moderator cut: - I copied and pasted from the study where they point to the fact that Trans people are discriminated against and used that as a bases of this study.

The researchers are pointing out that Trans people are being discriminated against by cisgender people, because (Researchers findings) Cispeople wont date/have sex with Transpeople.

THAT is that the study is determining. They aren't trying to get folk to be nice to a trans person. they are trying to get nice people to take some nice trans person on a date. and maybe take them home and knock boots.

Moderator cut: -

PS, I have not ever been unkind to any person for their gender, perceived gender, preferred gender, sexuality or sexual preference. period. Nor shall I ever.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-21-2018 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic only, not other posters

Old 06-21-2018, 02:28 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
"Only 12% of all participants selected “trans woman” and/or “trans man.”"

If a whopping twelve percent of the sample WOULD date 'Trans People', then this should be viewed as cause for CELEBRATION.

That ought to be more than ENOUGH demand, to absorb the supply.

Right now, we're shopping for properties in Manhattan and Southampton, aimed at people who are "Statistically Nonexistent" - as in, we are so few in number, that we don't even constitute one tenth of one percent (or even one percent of one percent...) of the population (we're not really that rich, but there are six adults in our immediate family, and we share our New York homes). And, it seems to be a buyer's market, because there are too many trophy penthouses and megamansions on the market: not enough demand to absorb the supply.

And yet, here, TWELVE WHOLE PERCENT are shown as amenable to dating 'Trans People': presumably, more than enough demand, to absorb the supply.

So, STOP COMPLAINING, AND CELEBRATE!

Old 06-21-2018, 02:54 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I copied and pasted from the study where they point to the fact that Trans people are discriminated against and used that as a bases of this study.

The researchers are pointing out that Trans people are being discriminated against by cisgender people, because (Researchers findings) Cispeople wont date/have sex with Transpeople.

THAT is that the study is determining. They aren't trying to get folk to be nice to a trans person. they are trying to get nice people to take some nice trans person on a date. and maybe take them home and knock boots.

PS, I have not ever been unkind to any person for their gender, perceived gender, preferred gender, sexuality or sexual preference. period. Nor shall I ever.
The top part of my post was a response to the OP, not you.

But you're also misunderstanding my post, the definition of discriminate when it comes to the study, and the purpose of the study itself.

The study is not trying to get anyone to do anything. The purpose of the study was to see if people were willing to date trans people. The overwhelming response was that, no, non trans people do not want to date trans people. The use of the word 'discriminate' in the study is not the same as the way we use 'discriminate' here. It is just alluding to a difference, without any moral or societal value.

Who do you think is going to start forcing the 98% of people opposed to dating trans people to start dating them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
"Only 12% of all participants selected “trans woman” and/or “trans man.”"

If a whopping twelve percent of the sample WOULD date 'Trans People', then this should be viewed as cause for CELEBRATION.

That ought to be more than ENOUGH demand, to absorb the supply.

Right now, we're shopping for properties in Manhattan and Southampton, aimed at people who are "Statistically Nonexistent" - as in, we are so few in number, that we don't even constitute one tenth of one percent (or even one percent of one percent...) of the population (we're not really that rich, but there are six adults in our immediate family, and we share our New York homes). And, it seems to be a buyer's market, because there are too many trophy penthouses and megamansions on the market: not enough demand to absorb the supply.

And yet, here, TWELVE WHOLE PERCENT are shown as amenable to dating 'Trans People': presumably, more than enough demand, to absorb the supply.

So, STOP COMPLAINING, AND CELEBRATE!
LOL. What surprises me is that straight men would date trans people at almost double the rate than straight women would.

"Virtually all heterosexuals excluded trans folks from their dating pool: only 1.8% of straight women and 3.3% of straight men chose a trans person of either binary gender. But most non-heterosexuals weren’t down for dating a trans person either, with only 11.5% of gay men and 29% of lesbians being trans-inclusive in their dating preferences.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-21-2018 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 06-21-2018, 02:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Amazing all of the hate in this thread, but I would expect nothing less from Trump supporters. They don't think anybody who isn't white, straight, cis, and Christian should even be allowed to exist let alone have equal rights and be treated with respect. Absolutely amazing how far backwards we've gone in this country since January 20, 1957 err... 2017.

Nobody is asking straight cis people to date trans people. Everyone has their own sexual preferences. Trans people are only asking for equal rights and respect.
The study said if you won't date a trans person than you are a bigot.

That name calling seems pretty hateful, wouldn't you say?

Why can't people DATE whomever they want???

Isn't that the whole point of the LGBT movement? But now if you refuse to date someone, you're suddenly a bigot?

Quick let all those straight liberals know that by marrying a person of the opposite sex they are now bigots.

Tell all the lesbians because they don't like men that they are also bigots.

Tell all the gay men that because they won't date women, well ....

Shall I go on??? Good gawd. date whomever the hell you want. Just don't expect anyone to throw you a parade because of it.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:06 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
If we had common interests etc I would be friends, but I wouldn't date a trans. At least not any I've met or seen so far. Just never been attracted in that way.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:11 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nobody is asking you to have sex with them but rather to just treat them with the same consideration you should anyone else.

Your entire starting premise is a giant strawman argument.
Thread. Fail.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Get this from an abstract of the 'study":

However, even among those willing to date trans persons, a pattern of masculine privileging and transfeminine exclusion appeared, such that participants were disproportionately willing to date trans men, but not trans women, even if doing so was counter to their self-identified sexual and gender identity (e.g., a lesbian dating a trans man but not a trans woman). The results are discussed within the context of the implications for trans persons seeking romantic relationships and the pervasiveness of cisgenderism and transmisogyny.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Transmisogyny ? The pervasiveness of cisgenderism ?

Don't pretend the word 'discriminate' isn't used in the nasty, mean, bad, hater, bigot, you're ignorant sense of the word.

Already, the 'study' is headlined in Teen Vogue as Another Form of Discrimination:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/stud...sgender-person

Bet your last dollar that in 5-10 years our colleges and universities will use studies like this in their classes and diversity programs.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

A friend of mine is a trans woman who is a lesbian. She would like a partner who could one day carry a child. She plans a reassignment, but she will keep sperm saved for having kids one day.

There is just so much wrong rationally with this paragraph, and that this paragraph can be typed in apparent seriousness indicates just how loony our society is becoming.

Last edited by wallflash; 06-21-2018 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies