Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 10:23 PM

6,255 posts, read 5,058,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Well without getting into politics too much, my parents who accept me wholly voted for Trump (my mom still likes him, my Dad is turned off by the rallies and twitter rants). I didn't vote for either of the candidates as I couldn't bring myself to violate my own sense of moral ethics to do so.

But outside of behind this computer, I never bring it up (my past). It was long ago, and its not something I carry around with me 24/7. I can almost forget about it most of the time. However, I don't know how this got to be a political issue all the sudden and I think things are worse for it. When I transitioned in the South, people didn't understand it but you did find sympathy for it to some degree. Now its you are with us or against us on either side of this 'debate' (a debate that need not be occurring).

Thank you for the kind words.
Yeah and that is the point. It's DESIGNED to be "us against them". Trans vs non-trans. Whites vs "black and brown people". Women vs men. Democrats vs Republicans. Cops vs the rest of the country. It goes on and on (and on). We are all being played. Intentionally being thrown at each other, so we stay at each others throats. If we're fighting among ourselves we're not focused on those in this country who are yanking our chains.

Cops are all the bad guys. White men are all the bad guys. White people are all the bad guys. Rich people are all the bad guys. Trans people are all the bad guys. Americans are all the bad guys. Conservatives are all the bad guys.

I was a bad guy for being a woman who voted for Trump. My husband is a bad guy for having been a cop. My sons are bad guys for being toxic, privileged white males. Last week I was part of a cult. This week I'm a Nazi wanting to keep little kids in concentration camps. Next week I'll be something else horrific. And something else again the following week. It's all just some lousy damn game - for politicians to maneuver and position for power, for well financed social justice groups to justify their existence, for media groups to enhance ratings (and in return enhance advertising dollars).

Re: the for or against us on either side of this debate (that does not need to be occurring) - you're just a pawn on the board. Just like me as a woman who didn't support Clinton. Just like my husband who was a jack-booted, racist thug with a gun. Just like my toxic, white male boys. Sexual orientation is just another pawn, another talking point, another ratings boost, another source of SJW funding, another political point. Welcome to the game.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:10 PM

8,955 posts, read 6,238,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
straight people are only sexually attracted to straight people of the opposite gender. shocking.

I do not understand why SJWs are hellbent on making life way more complicated than it needs to be.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies