Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 09:11 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I work in engineering and design in the automotive field. We have many things offshored to India and what we get back is problematic , just like that coding. It is never send it , get it back and it is correct. It usually takes 2-3 times to get the issues solved. And that costs time, something scarce when the automotive design cycle keeps getting reduced. I think we are down to 15-18 months now.
But outsourcing undermines your bargaining power as an employee, so it is absolutely worth it from the perspective of your employer. Especially since you are the one that has to deal with all of the negative side effects like poor quality, extra time, etc.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
When I worked at McDonalds I was never responsible for dealing with contemplative overweight religious officials.
LOL … got me on that one … love it

Old 06-22-2018, 10:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Why do people care what private corporations pay their burger flippers?

This is the same line of reasoning that Conservatives use when I say that CEO pay is outrageous.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

This is the same line of reasoning that Conservatives use when I say that CEO pay is outrageous.
We agree a business should offer a wage,negotiate it as it see's fit and its no one else's business.

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:

Exactly.

What I find very interesting is that every time a CEO's salary or compensation package is increased, that same CEO and/or board of directors doesn't feel the need to threaten or publicize price increases in order to do so.

This faux outrage over $15 an hour to prepare food is just another perfect example of placing the blame on the least of these.

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
For now, until robots do it.
We are still a number of years away from bipedal humanoid robots replacing human workers, even for low end jobs like fast food. People that talk about automation in fast food forget that the burger flipper is required to do all sorts of other tasks at work too, its not just standing there flipping burgers, they will be helping to unload food deliveries, moving prep around, prepping food, etc. a bipedal, humanoid android would really be the only type of 'robot' that could meet all these needs.

Besides that, even if the employees were given $35. hour and food prices were raised, these places would still be busy as ever, people are not going to just eating from fast food places, I dont think they would see any decrease in business at all.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

That's fine but don't complain when taxpayers are forced to make up the difference. I'm good either way.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's fine but don't complain when taxpayers are forced to make up the difference. I'm good either way.
He's referring to lower middle class people who are upset about the underclass getting a higher minimum wage, but are fine with CEOs making $500 million a year.

Notice how they always refer to "burger flippers" in these minimum wage discussions and not life guards and ambulance drivers who make $10 an hour and $11.66 an hour as a median, essentially the same as burger flippers ($10 an hour as median).

Old 06-22-2018, 11:21 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,328,741 times
So less immigrants coming in, taking low wages, and gaming the welfare system, and more citizens getting payed higher wages and using less welfare. Seems like Win-Win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.812fd1b6d516

Old 06-22-2018, 12:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.

What I find very interesting is that every time a CEO's salary or compensation package is increased, that same CEO and/or board of directors doesn't feel the need to threaten or publicize price increases in order to do so.

This faux outrage over $15 an hour to prepare food is just another perfect example of placing the blame on the least of these.
Lol...exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Taxpayers VERY OFTEN subsidize these multimillion dollar pay packages for the upper crust corporatists. You don’t think companies like Archer Daniels Midland grabs millions in government subsidies while their CEO grabs $14 million a year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
He's referring to lower middle class people who are upset about the underclass getting a higher minimum wage, but are fine with CEOs making $500 million a year.

Notice how they always refer to "burger flippers" in these minimum wage discussions and not life guards and ambulance drivers who make $10 an hour and $11.66 an hour as a median, essentially the same as burger flippers ($10 an hour as median).
Idiot ass Americans don’t know what team they belong on. All these lower to working class people think they’re on the same team as their boss is. Their boss wouldn’t pee on them if they were on fire.

That attitude drives me nuts. It’s ALL BAD to pay a burger flipper $15 an hour, but it’s no big deal if Burger King’s CEO were to screw up the company and get fired with a $20 million dollar golden parachute.

Americans are the dumbest first worlders on Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies