Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump the worst President in History?
Yes 78 52.00%
No 69 46.00%
I don't know 3 2.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Mr. Reich explains it pretty succinctly. I could not express it any better! watch the video, he explains in more detail.

"Trump's presidency can be defined by 4 corrosive qualities: unbridled cruelty, utter incompetence, outspoken bigotry, and shameless self-dealing. It is a toxic mix, with horrifying consequences for America. Your thoughts?" -Robert Reich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHHjKBuTxg8

Sorry, we had enough of ole richard when he served in the Clinton admin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Do you hate the uneducated?
No but I hate the willfully ignorant.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:33 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
The liberals are so over the top with TDS it's unbelievable. Donald Trump really does have all of you by the balls.

I ask this a lot, but nobody on the left ever has an answer. If you thing Trump is that bad, how come nobody ever offers better ideas? That includes the media pundits, the Dems in Congress, and the late night talking heads.

I don't think any of them have any better ideas. Whining like little school girls is about all they can do.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:44 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The liberals are so over the top with TDS it's unbelievable. Donald Trump really does have all of you by the balls.

I ask this a lot, but nobody on the left ever has an answer. If you thing Trump is that bad, how come nobody ever offers better ideas? That includes the media pundits, the Dems in Congress, and the late night talking heads.

I don't think any of them have any better ideas. Whining like little school girls is about all they can do.
Trump didn’t have ANY ideas during his campaign NONE! He lied and said that he did and you all bought into his B.S.

And to this day he still doesn’t have any he just pulls things out of his arse.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:51 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Yes.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:05 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Normally there is something about the office to respect. Like with President Obama, he was a decent human. Same with Bush Jr.

It's hard to respect the office when its inhabitant is one of the lowest of the low who routinely makes a mockery of the office with his ignorance and stupidly. And it's not that by itself, he prides himself on how much of a moron he is.
It’s not that hard. It’s called a choice. Just like you can make a choice to be a productive member of society or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Quit saying that.
The very idea that you would vote to put Trump in that office proves otherwise.
Hillary was a when he’ll freezes over, you also had mr. pothead and a crazy cat lady. Lol!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:07 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
We are casting about on details when the obvious is clear.

He will be ONE of the worst Presidents in History. But that assumes his reign doesn't blow up our entire Republic and that we have a future where things are seen in the same light as before.

Look at Russia - Putin, the son of Stalin's cook....is setting the "history". So it all depends on whether we gain our sanity again.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:08 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
True I thought Bush was bad but Trump..trumps him.

Bush was a decent human that was a poor president that made decisions that were bad for our country. Trump is a horrible human being making purposefully horrible choices that are destroying our democracy. Trump is the best thing to ever happen for Bush's legacy.

Just like Bush when this horrible ride is over all of those that gleefully pulled that lever for Trump will get amnesia about it and will claim they never really liked him.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

Oh, plenty of us have been offering better ideas for many many decades.

Here is a simple one. THINK.

Trump can't even work hard.....on actually taking some time and thinking and creating even the simplest of policies. This is why he acts impulsively...and then has to react and then screws everything up.

So, yes, the better ideas would involve him reading, understanding, having patience, actually knowing how the world works, etc.

An even better idea would be for him to have a moral compass.

But these things will not happen. Still, I provided you with a foundation of improvements- none of which are partisan in any way.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:11 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr345 View Post
Trump is easily the worst president. Hands down.
He never intended nor expected to win. He ran to increase his brand recognition for the Trump name and to negotiate a better deal for the Apprentice. You can find excerpts of speeches he has given in years past in which he has had rather liberal views.

I don't get wrapped up in the outrage that most of the media focuses on. I don't think he is actually a racist or a xenophobe. He is a narcissist. His ego is his first, last and ONLY priority or consideration. So he will flip flop on policies, change his views frequently and say the most outrageous things simply to protect his ego.

So as a result, we have someone who is not only supremely unqualified for the job but has an ego that prevents him from ever considering that he might be supremely unqualified for the job.

We effectively have a 70-something year old man, playacting as president for the TV cameras, saying what he thinks his base wants to hear and imaging that he is doing a great job. Meanwhile at least half the electorate are too stupid to see that he is making it up as he goes along and only in it for the ego-trip.

This entire sad episode in American history thus becomes an exercise in seeing how far the checks and balances that the founding fathers built into our system of government work to keep the country intact.

I almost don't even BLAME Trump himself. He's a narcissist who has acted this way his entire life and likley, literally does not know any better. For him to suddenly become self reflective and I guess.. awed by the sense of responsibility he wields would probably require some professional therapy over a long period of time and facing some rather unpleasant realities that his massive ego could not handle.

No.. I blame the enablers! The mind bogglingly idiotic voters who couldn't see that he had no business running and was just telling them what they wanted to hear.

I blame the Republicans who knew DAMN WELL he we was unfit for office but traded the country's security, well being and future for some short term political gain.

I blame his wife, family and friends who know DAMN WELL he is unfit for office and many of whom likely also know he never really intended or wanted to win but they enable this trainwreck for their own personal gain or comfort at the expense of the rest of us.

I blame the media as well and I don't mean Fox news. They share blame as well for being his mouthpiece but I am talking about the mainstream, liberal slanted media who gave him endless and non-stop coverage during the election cycle because it meant better ratings every time he said or did something outrageous.

Correct on every single point here, I couldn't have said it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies