Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 08:34 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
If that had been the case, he would have been elected President. He wasn't....Trump was.

Trump resonates with normal, average Americans better than any President or candidate we've seen in our lifetimes.

The bottom-feeding vermin on the fringe left already had a strong foothold in 1992. And since then they have been allowed to take almost complete control of our national agenda and our national media. The relentless attacks spawned and led by that abominable media result from Trump getting his point across so well. He is the first significant threat to the advancement of their vile agenda that any of us have ever seen on the national political stage.
No, the reason Trump was elected and Perot wasn’t is because Perot ran as a third party candidate and Trump managed to get on the Republican ticket. And let’s be honest. If Justice Scalia hadn’t died, we would probably have Hillary Clinton as president today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
At first Perot seemed like a common sense straight shooter. I was following his campaign with interest. But then he started acting strange and paranoid. Talking about "hit squads" coming after him. Turns out he was something of a whack job.
Belive me, I wouldn't be surprised if he was threatened in some way or another. what other reason would he be paranoid unless he was schizoid.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, the reason Trump was elected and Perot wasn’t is because Perot ran as a third party candidate and Trump managed to get on the Republican ticket. And let’s be honest. If Justice Scalia hadn’t died, we would probably have Hillary Clinton as president today.
Many people have little understanding of the process of running a nationwide campaign without a party affiliation. Ballot access is a problem.

That's why the Republicans help the Greens with their petition drives for ballot access. That 2-3% of the vote the greens can syphon off makes a difference.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:13 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Belive me, I wouldn't be surprised if he was threatened in some way or another. what other reason would he be paranoid unless he was schizoid.
Well, you know what they say. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone's not out to get you.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:48 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
This was 1992. Something happened during Perot's campaign to derail his campaign. He would have made a better President than either of the alternatives. In subsequent elections, the powers that run our country wouldn't admit a third party in a debate even with a ticket to the debate in their hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCk1xKdcIZc
Perot was right. I agreed with him than and now. Trump has to unravel 30 years of job-killing trade.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:24 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah Perot was wrong on trade just as Trump is.
Frank,

Have you seen Seven Beauties?
A minor character played by Fernando Rey shouts out "man in disorder", gives the Italian salute and dives into a latrine shortly before the Nazis riddle the latrine with bullets.

Seven Beauties is about a man who is a petty Neapolitan hood who's whole life centers around his families honor. Time passes and he is thrown into a concentration camp where he learns that honor doesn't matter if you don't learn how to survive.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:52 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Perot sparked my Red Pill interest. It was when everyone was complaining no matter what party you support, we always got the same thing. Perot didn't change my mind then, but as the years progressed afterward, I realized I had been lied to a Perot was so right..... In stepped Ron Paul and the rest is History, for me.

Yes, I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992. It was not long, before I realized I was told one thing and another happened.
Fascinating. I didn't know that the Red Pill was a "thing" in 1992.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Perot was right. I agreed with him than and now. Trump has to unravel 30 years of job-killing trade.
Trade hasn’t killed that many jobs. Automation and technology have killed exponentially more jobs.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:23 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
This was 1992. Something happened during Perot's campaign to derail his campaign. He would have made a better President than either of the alternatives. In subsequent elections, the powers that run our country wouldn't admit a third party in a debate even with a ticket to the debate in their hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCk1xKdcIZc
We'll tell them "Fellas, we'll take that same deal that we gave you, and they'll gridlock at that same point."

Old 06-23-2018, 08:54 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trade hasn’t killed that many jobs. Automation and technology have killed exponentially more jobs.
Everything I have read by any economist who wasn't pushing an agenda backs this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies