Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 08:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
About these tirades from the left about the Melania Jacket:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...174830190.html

Now, I am not in the Free Melania camp. She is a big girl and can take care of herself. She also made some statements supportive of her husband's birtherism, so her politics are suspect as far as I am concerned as a Progressive.

That said, I seriously think something is wrong with these celebs. Their thought processes are not rational.
The woman put out an official statement to the effect that she did not support the separation of the children from their parents. Then she backed up her statements with action, making a trip to down to the area where some of the children are being held.

So when she was seen wearing the jacket, how could anyone be confused in any way about where her heart was in regard to the children. The statement on the jacket may mean something to her, and may be a message to someone, but any rational person could not conclude that the message was intended for the children or the parents. Yet, these celebs went off a cliff with attacks on the woman. It's like their reasoning capacities are in some kind of Quixotic state of cognitive confusion.

The bottom line is that whatever the point of the jacket may or may not have been, it cannot mean, within the context of her statements and actions, anything condemnable. End of story. So the rabid, deranged attacks on the woman are unwarranted!
Sophomoric antics of a frustrated menopausal woman. (Posted by a post menopausal woman for those who are interested)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 09:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Poor fashion choice and completely inappropriate. Not the time to be careless with fashion choices or to direct message to whoever. Wrong no matter how you spin it.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
She TROLLED everyone on the anti-Trump tirade.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:39 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Forget the jacket for a moment,

If you care about the Democrats, ask yourself what is the game plan? Continuous outrage about nonsense?

Barack Hussain Obama, the black man with the most unlikely name of a President, was proudly elected 10 years ago on a message of Hope and Change by a majority of white voters with a clear economic mandate that things will be set in motion to make thinks better. Nothing was attempted, nothing changed, if you ignore the worsening plight of his constituents.

8 years later, a man who flaunts his "alleged" wealth, who has faults that would preclude any rationale person to think that this guy has a future in politics, fought his own party and won many of the Obama constituents to become the President. At this moment, we stand at a trade war with foes like China and with "undeserving" allies like the EU. Border enforcement to keep, essentially, economic competitors out is working. Whether this will help the pocketbooks of the Obama/Trump voter will be seen years from now.

What are the Democrats doing today? Screeching about a jacket. You would think they would push an economic message front and center. No, insensitive jackets, uncomfortable social topics like transexuals, increased immigration, and essentially obstructions, are what the Democrats want voters to recognize.

May be the Democrats can try out this slogan "We have no clue."

Quote:

Now, I am not in the Free Melania camp. She is a big girl and can take care of herself. She also made some statements supportive of her husband's birtherism, so her politics are suspect as far as I am concerned as a Progressive.

That said, I seriously think something is wrong with these celebs. Their thought processes are not rational.
The woman put out an official statement to the effect that she did not support the separation of the children from their parents. Then she backed up her statements with action, making a trip to down to the area where some of the children are being held.

So when she was seen wearing the jacket, how could anyone be confused in any way about where her heart was in regard to the children. The statement on the jacket may mean something to her, and may be a message to someone, but any rational person could not conclude that the message was intended for the children or the parents. Yet, these celebs went off a cliff with attacks on the woman. It's like their reasoning capacities are in some kind of Quixotic state of cognitive confusion.

The bottom line is that whatever the point of the jacket may or may not have been, it cannot mean, within the context of her statements and actions, anything condemnable. End of story. So the rabid, deranged attacks on the woman are unwarranted!

Old 06-23-2018, 10:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Forget the jacket for a moment,

If you care about the Democrats, ask yourself what is the game plan? Continuous outrage about nonsense?

Barack Hussain Obama, the black man with the most unlikely name of a President, was proudly elected 10 years ago on a message of Hope and Change by a majority of white voters with a clear economic mandate that things will be set in motion to make thinks better. Nothing was attempted, nothing changed, if you ignore the worsening plight of his constituents.

8 years later, a man who flaunts his "alleged" wealth, who has faults that would preclude any rationale person to think that this guy has a future in politics, fought his own party and won many of the Obama constituents to become the President. At this moment, we stand at a trade war with foes like China and with "undeserving" allies like the EU. Border enforcement to keep, essentially, economic competitors out is working. Whether this will help the pocketbooks of the Obama/Trump voter will be seen years from now.

What are the Democrats doing today? Screeching about a jacket. You would think they would push an economic message front and center. No, insensitive jackets, uncomfortable social topics like transexuals, increased immigration, and essentially obstructions, are what the Democrats want voters to recognize.

May be the Democrats can try out this slogan "We have no clue."
How about the democrats slogan should be “we want to be respected by the world againâ€. We don’t want our president praising dictators while belittling and alienating our allies.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
And I don't think it was. Most women can say to their husbands some version of, "You are dead wrong about this and you're being a total, heartless jerk." How would such a statement fly with Trump who fights back and doubles down on anything he perceives as against him. This was Melania's passive-aggressive way of wearing her husband's own words on her back; which he wouldn't get but others might. I personally think divorce would be more effective, but it's her life.
Granted she is younger but I can’t picture any other First Lady wearing that jacket. I don’t think we need any passive aggressive to cause more division, if she has a statement to make step up to the microphone like other First Ladies.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:33 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
She TROLLED everyone on the anti-Trump tirade.
Glad to hear she has taken up a cause.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:08 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Melania Trump Makes Surprise Visit at Detention Center | Time

Here are her words. But I have no doubt you will spin it according to your hate meter. No jacket, no hate for children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What picture and quote? Are you claiming that she didn't actually wear the jacket that her spokesperson and her husband, the President, commented on her wearing??

Yep, keeping it kkklassy
She didn't wear the jacket in Texas, she wore it boarding the plane in another state. So they took that pic and made it seem like she wore it to see the children in Texas. I wonder why? That's the kind of crap the media does to rile up its money. I linked my earlier post with the video.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

They hope it will turn Trump supporters against him but we're used to their lunacy and don't pay attention (the boy who cried wolf, everything is a trigger). Their base jumps on the bandwagon and parrots.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, the longer she maintains her silence, the more it looks like that's exactly what it was about. If it wasn't she wouldn't want people to believe she's heartless and she would have said so by now.

Her silence is confirmation of what everyone is thinking.
You mean what the media tells you what to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies