Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 08:43 AM

801 posts, read 1,103,352 times

Advertisements

About these tirades from the left about the Melania Jacket:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...174830190.html

Now, I am not in the Free Melania camp. She is a big girl and can take care of herself. She also made some statements supportive of her husband's birtherism, so her politics are suspect as far as I am concerned as a Progressive.

That said, I seriously think something is wrong with these celebs. Their thought processes are not rational.
The woman put out an official statement to the effect that she did not support the separation of the children from their parents. Then she backed up her statements with action, making a trip to down to the area where some of the children are being held.

So when she was seen wearing the jacket, how could anyone be confused in any way about where her heart was in regard to the children. The statement on the jacket may mean something to her, and may be a message to someone, but any rational person could not conclude that the message was intended for the children or the parents. Yet, these celebs went off a cliff with attacks on the woman. It's like their reasoning capacities are in some kind of Quixotic state of cognitive confusion.

The bottom line is that whatever the point of the jacket may or may not have been, it cannot mean, within the context of her statements and actions, anything condemnable. End of story. So the rabid, deranged attacks on the woman are unwarranted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 08:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
About these tirades from the left about the Melania Jacket:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...174830190.html

Now, I am not in the Free Melania camp. She is a big girl and can take care of herself. She also made some statements supportive of her husband's birtherism, so her politics are suspect as far as I am concerned as a Progressive.

That said, I seriously think something is wrong with these celebs. Their thought processes are not rational.
The woman put out an official statement to the effect that she did not support the separation of the children from their parents. Then she backed up her statements with action, making a trip to down to the area where some of the children are being held.

So when she was seen wearing the jacket, how could anyone be confused in any way about where her heart was in regard to the children. The statement on the jacket may mean something to her, and may be a message to someone, but any rational person could not conclude that the message was intended for the children or the parents. Yet, these celebs went off a cliff with attacks on the woman. It's like their reasoning capacities are in some kind of Quixotic state of cognitive confusion.

The bottom line is that whatever the point of the jacket may or may not have been, it cannot mean, within the context of her statements and actions, anything condemnable. End of story. So the rabid, deranged attacks on the woman are unwarranted!
Well said. It was most certainly a message to someone, and given the media attacks, the rational conclusion would be that it was directed towards the media. Instead, the far left and Hollywood jumps to the irrational conclusion that Melania doesn't care about children - they automatically jump to the worst conclusion without any evidence whatsoever.

I think they are doing themselves and whatever beliefs they may actually have a serious injustice by continuing this sort of behavior. Normal people look at this behavior and see insanity.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:54 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
"So the rabid, deranged attacks on the woman are unwarranted!"

"Normal people look at this behavior and see insanity."

This is who they are - "deranged and insane" -- filled with HATE.
You will notice that no Democratic Leader is calling them out on it. None of them are saying - "get a grip and stop these attacks". They clearly support the attacks.

Threats against Cabinet people (they showed up at the Homeland Security's Home last night), threats against the President's son and his Granddaughter.

Normal people DO look at this derangement and see insanity and they will remember it.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:55 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Well said. It was most certainly a message to someone, and given the media attacks, the rational conclusion would be that it was directed towards the media. Instead, the far left and Hollywood jumps to the irrational conclusion that Melania doesn't care about children - they automatically jump to the worst conclusion without any evidence whatsoever.
It's been several days since this exploded across the Internet. If her message was misconstrued, why hasn't she corrected it yet?

We have not heard a word of dissent from the First Lady about this. What else could one conclude other than that she stands by the perception?

If she had another message and it was important to her that we understood what that was, she would tell us. So absent any statement of denial from her, I will take her at her word and believe her when she says she simply doesn't care.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:00 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
It's still about sore losers and they've accomplished taking that to a new level. It all comes down to that. There really isn't anything we can do about it, there's nothing to argue, no facts, no rational points. It's just hate fueled by Hilary supporters. You can't debate with a sore loser.

Hopefully, with time they start to fade off. The media has found a way to make a buck off of them so it might take a while. I didn't vote for Trump but I don't have to be a Trump supporter to see how irrational Hilary supporters are being. It's pretty blatant.

As far as Trump goes there are things I surprisingly like about his policies, and things I do not. Just like any other president we've had. I will wait until he's done to judge like I've done with the rest. But so far, better than Obama for sure and I voted for him.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:04 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's been several days since this exploded across the Internet. If her message was misconstrued, why hasn't she corrected it yet?

We have not heard a word of dissent from the First Lady about this.
That's because of who's reporting it. Message sent. Message should have been received. But Lefties really are that stupid. /shrug

Old 06-23-2018, 09:05 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:

We have not heard a word of dissent from the First Lady about this. What else could one conclude other than that she stands by the perception?

If she had another message and it was important to her that we understood what that was, she would tell us. So absent any statement of denial from her, I will take her at her word and believe her when she says she simply doesn't care.
I doubt you will nor do you deserve a comment. I believe she's learned, as I have, it doesn't make a difference. The hate is so strong you would have found something to hate regardless of what she wears, says or does. She's realized, as most of us have, you would have searched for something to plant your hate on. As a previous democrat it's embarrassing, so embarrassing I can no longer affiliate with the party. It's like the democratic version of the Tea Party on steroids. I would never follow the fringe, they have no concrete message and are too emotional to understand.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:06 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
She was allowed to go to a detention center that was run by Lutherans. Why didn't she go to one of those for profit detention centers we are paying 250 a day per kid??

Maybe the one that gave the Trump Inauguration committee a big donation.

That said, the liberals and the media keep getting snookered by Trump. He knew exactly what would happened when he put that jacket on her. Two days later, nobody is talking about Trump, the illegals or the congress. Just the jacket with the obscure message.

The vocal left is as willfully ignorant as Trump supporters.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:07 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:

I'd say you may be on to something. Perhaps she doesn't care what you, I, or anyone else thinks. I do things all the time that I know are good or just, and I feel no need to explain myself. And if I know my actions are righteous and true, why should I care about the perceptions of others? Furthermore, if I choose not to speak against your biased perception, how can you conclude that I stand by it? What, because I didn't jump up and defend myself against your perception of my actions, that means I agree with you? This is a tactic I see used all the time, and I'm glad Melania didn't take the bait. If your actions are just and your motives are honorable, you should feel no need to defend yourself.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
No one has said kinder things , or has more respect for Melania, than me. I truly like the lady. However, I have read that message several times, ran it around in my head, and still have no idea what the Hell it means !

Think about it "I don't care, do U" ? Don't care about WHAT ??? If any regular person had that in big letters across their back, we would wonder what statement they were trying to make, and if they were sane.

I just do not get what she was trying to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies