Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
, trump and the right are more like what you describe ......just look at Trumps rally's for god sake!
You mean the Trump rallys where Democrats PAID agitators to beat up people or to fake that they were conservatives and racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
1. ...and I, as well as most level headed people on all sides of the Aisle have condemned it.
2. Trump has basically been doing this himself. He doesn't just say go out and do it, he does it himself.

^I'll rattle off a few examples from current and past:
-His tweets against Harley Davidson (today)
-His tweets against Rosie O'Donnel, way back
-His tweets against gold-star families
-His disrespect and nastiness toward McCain

Basically Trump leads by example. He harasses ANYONE who does not conform to his ideology on just about any and every subject. Like I said, I condemn Waters. I am still standing here asking how people can support Trump's behavior. He doesn't just call on others to do it, he does it himself.

(And BTW: Sincere thanks, you've been civil and respectful in your disagreement with me. I do appreciate that, and it creates the environment where i can engage, and actually learn something, or see a different point of view. Thanks for that. Thanks for NOT being like Trump!)

1. It does not matter, it's out there, that's all that was wanted.
2. How is the Harley tweet "harassment"? Harley threw in the "white flag"
3. I need to see the actual quotes for rosie and the gold star families...I need to see what context they being used in...

4. McCain, as I'm a retired Army (2009) I disagree with trump on a few things, but then we have to look at what McCain has said and has done towards trump....

Thanks, I've been known to be a smart ass...but there are times I'll talk....

Old 06-26-2018, 08:10 AM

413 posts, read 301,678 times
Quote:
1. ...and I, as well as most level headed people on all sides of the Aisle have condemned it.
2. Trump has basically been doing this himself. He doesn't just say go out and do it, he does it himself.

^I'll rattle off a few examples from current and past:
-His tweets against Harley Davidson (today)
-His tweets against Rosie O'Donnel, way back
-His tweets against gold-star families
-His disrespect and nastiness toward McCain

Basically Trump leads by example. He harasses ANYONE who does not conform to his ideology on just about any and every subject. Like I said, I condemn Waters. I am still standing here asking how people can support Trump's behavior. He doesn't just call on others to do it, he does it himself.

(And BTW: Sincere thanks, you've been civil and respectful in your disagreement with me. I do appreciate that, and it creates the environment where i can engage, and actually learn something, or see a different point of view. Thanks for that. Thanks for NOT being like Trump!)
Even if everything here is true.........which it is not. You conflated an issue with a non issue. Trump never asked anyone to follow employees from HD and harass them wherever they are in public. He has never asked anyone to form an immediate hate group around Mcain and shout him down or verbally assault his family. He does not tweet against Gold Star families. Quite the opposite. He made statements about a specific gold star famliy who politically attacked him and used their GS status as a political weapon.
You are not trustworthy. You are part of the problem! Your actions suggest you are an ideolgically bound and not objective.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
Even if everything here is true.........which it is not. You conflated an issue with a non issue. Trump never asked anyone to follow employees from HD and harass them wherever they are in public. He has never asked anyone to form an immediate hate group around Mcain and shout him down or verbally assault his family. He does not tweet against Gold Star families. Quite the opposite. He made statements about a specific gold star famliy who politically attacked him and used their GS status as a political weapon.
You are not trustworthy. You are part of the problem! Your actions suggest you are an ideolgically bound and not objective.
That is my point. He doesn't ask others to do it, he leads the pack and does it himself. For example, he is harassing Harley (saying they threw in the white flag) because they did not fall in lock-step with him.

Again, I don't defend Waters, so let's not bother with that. I'm asking how people can defend Trump? If anything, his doing the harassment himself is worse than asking people to do his bidding for him. He's the defacto leader of the USA. He sets the tone.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
That is my point. He doesn't ask others to do it, he leads the pack and does it himself. For example, he is harassing Harley (saying they threw in the white flag) because they did not fall in lock-step with him.

Again, I don't defend Waters, so let's not bother with that. I'm asking how people can defend Trump? If anything, his doing the harassment himself is worse than asking people to do his bidding for him. He's the defacto leader of the USA. He sets the tone.
The difference is that Trump is stating his "opinions". He is not calling out to harm anyone. Liberals for a long time have used harassing and threatening language which is calling others to act to reinforce their ideology. "If you do not agree we will harm you." Example.....pigs in a blanket etc etc......verses a stated opinion. "I disagree with what that policeman did." His opinions in my view are accurate. He tells the truth. Verses the current lies and exagerations perpetrated to confuse and anger people. Very different. One is a statement the other incitement.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:57 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
I guess the public is use to no politician telling the truth

Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
The difference is that Trump is stating his "opinions". He is not calling out to harm anyone. Liberals for a long time have used harassing and threatening language which is calling others to act to reinforce their ideology. "If you do not agree we will harm you." Example.....pigs in a blanket etc etc......verses a stated opinion. "I disagree with what that policeman did." His opinions in my view are accurate. He tells the truth. Verses the current lies and exagerations perpetrated to confuse and anger people. Very different. One is a statement the other incitement.

whoo-boy!

SO amusing!

Old 06-26-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
whoo-boy!

SO amusing!

Interesting that you are amused by truth. I guess you are entertained by?? I will say condescending perhaps. Peering down from your tower.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:09 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Not expecting too many trump officials near me in Central Mexico. But I shall stay vigilant. Both Stephen Miller and Kistjjjen Nielsjjjjen were in MXN eateries when they were called out. But neither are likely brave enough to venture into enemy territory for the Real Deal.
So now it's racist for white people to eat brown food.

That's what you're saying.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Interesting that you are amused by truth. I guess you are entertained by?? I will say condescending perhaps. Peering down from your tower.
It's Trumplings' immunity to truth that's so amusing.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies