Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,454,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You prefer 21st century brownshirts instead? Liberals are running the brownshirt playbook page by page. Who is it trying to shut down free speech? The left
Who is it trying to shut down bushiness of people they disagree with? The left
Who is it firing up mobs who destroy public and private property? The left
Interesting you bring these points up.

1. Hasn’t Trump trying to get a gag order on the media and those who disagree with his tweets

2 I see more reports coming from the media where some right wing nut job refuse to bake, give a marriage license too, etc.

3. We’ve all seen more hate groups come into the light since Trump has taken office.

So your wrong on all points..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,787,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
This, in a nutshell, is why conservatives are, always have been, and always will be, second-rate advocates for liberty.

Rights don't come from government. They are not "guaranteed" to us by a piece of paper written and signed by men. Rights already exist, and have existed since the dawn of mankind.

Y'all have no clue.
There you go again with your argumentativeness.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:02 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,095,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
There you go again with your argumentativeness.
Ignorance is a disease, and it is a pandemic.

Liberals are devious. Conservatives are just dumb.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:09 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,787,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Ignorance is a disease, and it is a pandemic.

Liberals are devious. Conservatives are just dumb.
Rights are still rights. Enumerating doesn't change that. In fact I think it was prescient to do it considering where we are today.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:12 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,965,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...-edge-n2493836

"In a time of crazy, it’s been a Hell of a week. I literally wrote the book on the liberal outrage culture and this week disturbed even me. There are some things you simply can’t undo, some ledges you can’t pull back from. We’re teetering on one now. How can we, as a nation, get back to civility or even just get along again"

When people react on emotion and not logic this is where it goes.
I agree.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:19 PM

19,551 posts, read 22,434,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Interesting you bring these points up.

1. Hasn’t Trump trying to get a gag order on the media and those who disagree with his tweets

2 I see more reports coming from the media where some right wing nut job refuse to bake, give a marriage license too, etc.

3. We’ve all seen more hate groups come into the light since Trump has taken office.

So your wrong on all points..
Yup. Trump and his cronies just brandish every fact as a lie and then try to turn it around. All in the name of ‘America Great’.

Propaganda machine 101 with Fox & Friends and Hannity pumping it out to their zoned in zombies.

Next comes book burnings, attempts to shut down the press (like attacking Beezos)... yup. Pretty much textbook style I’d say..

Old 06-24-2018, 10:49 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,954,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You prefer 21st century brownshirts instead? Liberals are running the brownshirt playbook page by page. Who is it trying to shut down free speech? The left
Who is it trying to shut down bushiness of people they disagree with? The left
Who is it firing up mobs who destroy public and private property? The left
Another guy who’s got the sides mixed up. Or maybe you guys are just projecting.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:58 PM

16,343 posts, read 8,427,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Poor lil' Pubs, at the mercy of the all powerful liberal agenda.

They've held congress for 20 of the past 24 years.

They've held the WH for 30 of the past 50 years.

They've had a majority on the supreme court forever.

And yet, everything is always "the Dems' fault!"

Carry on.

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ All a deflection from the misleading nature of your sentence that I bolded in your previous post.
What OG fails to mention is that the activist judges in the federal courts have decided they will effect social change that is outside of their function within our government structure. They are suppose to interpret the constitutionality of the laws passed by the legislature, not to legislate from the bench.

Throughout our history the constitutional republic had the scotus doing their job properly, that is until the activist Warren Court in the 1960's.
Much of those actions have led to activists politicizing the court hoping to get their liberal agenda achieved, that would never otherwise have a chance to pass through the proper means.

So stop pretending the SC has somehow been a conservative majority, because we all know many a (R) nominated judge turned out to be a liberal activist, instead of an originalist.

`

Old 06-25-2018, 12:52 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Poor lil' Pubs, at the mercy of the all powerful liberal agenda.

They've held congress for 20 of the past 24 years.

They've held the WH for 30 of the past 50 years.

They've had a majority on the supreme court forever.

And yet, everything is always "the Dems' fault!"
And Democrats held congress from the mid-'50s to 1994... 40 years!

Old 06-25-2018, 12:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,639,626 times
I am amused by these accusations against liberals. Fox News and people like Glenn Beck and Alex Jones, spent eight years calling Obama everything from a racist to a terrorist. Republicans were cool with that. Alex Jones said Sandy Hook was fake and a pizza place had a child sex ring in their non-existent basement. Republicans were cool with that too, to the point that Mike Flynn's son promoted the conspiracies and Trump is a huge Alex Jones fan. Now, Republicans control all branches of government, Democrats are calling attention to their failings and it's Democrats pushing the country to the edge? That is some seriously magical thinking going on.

I watched Glenn Beck say "Don't turn into me in 2009!" and I just want to scream. He laments how the country has been torn apart and admits he played a huge part in it. He says Obama made him "a better man". How convenient, now that Obama is no longer in office. Sorry, but Republicans have created the environment we are in, they did it with their rage that Obama was elected twice and Trump still can't go a day without saying Obama's name. It is not Liberals that have torn the country apart, but I do think the country is too far apart to ever realistically reconcile. We are two countries and the divide is simply too large. The sooner we all admit that, the better off we will all be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies