Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 03:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Oh come on now, be honest. White people are alarmed at the thought of becoming a minority in America. Donald appeals to this fear. Take a look at his rallies, and the colour of his supporters. Let's have some honesty here!!

You guys are so used to using code words, that you are too frightened to speak what you really feel.

All people are tribal, and that's a fact. The white tribe like to be around other white people, and other tribes are the same.

I see it in England, and don't tell me it's different in America.
You watch too much news and American movies.

No code words at all.

Yes, all people are tribal and the USA is no different. But many times "tribe" has nothing to do with skin color.

No, there is no panic about legal immigration among most white Americans.

And for millions of us, the Trump appeal had nothing to do with race or immigration.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:12 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

And for millions of us, the Trump appeal had nothing to do with race or immigration.
What's it about then? Have you seen the response when he has his rallies, and he talks about his big, beautiful wall?

Old 07-07-2018, 03:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Don't buy into that... the bulk of American people "detest not just Trump but the Ideology that he espouses, and the conduct that he presents.

This is never going to happen....
Quote:
To put it simply, we would like to return to 1950's suburban America
America will not return to the racist ignorance of the 1950's where white people think American belongs only to them. This is never going to happen....

These insidious people would love to block the doors to schools again, stamping around like a mass of savages attacking people and trying to deny people their Civil Rights, and thinking that economic uplift is only for white people.

This place will burn to the ground before that ever happens again in this nation. Right Wing White Madness and the Savagery they engaged will not dominant and dictate over the multi cultural people of America, ever again !!!

Mexican people and other from Latin America that come here, "built the housing boom of the 1990's and early 2000's" these people come and they work. White people also are not going to go and pick the vegetables they want to see in the stores, but they cry and whine about Mexican migrant workers, but at no time will any of these right wing white people pick their own vegetable, or do a great many other jobs that Mexicans do.

I've watched Construction Project with mostly white men, and they take forever to complete it, and its always cost over runs, because they bleed it to death with change orders, until they use low grade materis trying to over squeeze profits. The Mexicans, built up the housing in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and many other places and they did it in record time. Because "they work" and they know how to work".

They also are smart, they bought up the cities when the white people ran to the new developments, and the Mexicans bought it, and gained political power in those cities... and white people can't stand it, but the Mexican people work to improve their community, they are family minded people and they pursue education for their children.. Don't listen to this Right Wing Race Madness.... It was explained what that white racist madness is, when it is claimed they want to return to "1950's" These old baby boomer and their offspring's still think they can ride on Post World War II glory, and white dominance.

All you have to do is look up America in the 1950's and you will find devastation cast upon and against minorities, women and every kind of vile act one could imagine. They even went so far as to try and public a litany of madness, trying to proclaim themselves superior, and as time has show... that is not the case and never was the case and never will be the case. They just have a level of Savage Aggression, and obsession of material measure, until they are like driven by and drive to engage savagery to get it.
Its all "documented" .... and research reveals the truths....

White people have been living off of others and have the audacity to talk about getting off the ass. That's the ignorance that many are filled with.

Minorities have paid taxes for generations, during slavery black people were taxed 100% and where was that tax money directed? it was directed to build up white communities, not equality across American ethnic peoples communities. White people whine and cry now, because they have to pay tax for what they want, when they have a history of using other non white peoples tax, to keep the tax rate low, for what they themselves want. Now we have a system of computer data, that can present the imbalance in usage, and they can no longer direct everything only to themselves and their community.
The bulk users of public service in this country is white people, but they complain about it, only because they have a 1950's mentality of thinking no tax money should benefit minorities. if you go to the FBI crime stat's you will also find that the highest crime is created by white people.
Why would America want this ignorance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd95dufYBrU

You said you have been on this site for a while, so you know what exist here.... and the documented History is easly found on the internet to get the real truths....

Let's open perspective, England is not a Model Entity, and that is highly visible in the House of Parliament.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-07-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 07-07-2018, 03:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Oh come on now, be honest. White people are alarmed at the thought of becoming a minority in America. Donald appeals to this fear. Take a look at his rallies, and the colour of his supporters. Let's have some honesty here!!

You guys are so used to using code words, that you are too frightened to speak what you really feel.

All people are tribal, and that's a fact. The white tribe like to be around other white people, and other tribes are the same.

I see it in England, and don't tell me it's different in America.
Where do you get that idea? Aside from here on CD, I never see/hear anything like that.

You don't live here; you don't know how Americans really feel about this issue. You don't believe people when they honestly say that they don't care.

Now you're really going off the deep end. What "code words" are you referring to, that have been used in this thread?

I'd like to see a citation for that.

Maybe you are conflating what's going on in England to the US.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:21 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
What's it about then? Have you seen the response when he has his rallies, and he talks about his big, beautiful wall?
Yes. That's what the media likes to focus on because it sells. Do you realize what a miniscule percent of his 60,000,000 voters ever attend a rally?

Meanwhile, he is doing lots of things that millions of us support such as rolling back out of control government regulations.

I don't care if we ever build a wall (other than it is fun to watch the Hollywood Elite have a meltdown about it). I do care about stopping illegal immigration just like Clinton and Obama said in their State of the Union addresses.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It may be too late for America.

This decline in quality (in so many aspects of our society) became apparent to me back about 20-25 years ago. No doubt it started earlier but that was when I first noticed that tv had turned to trash rather then interesting programming. We used to have some good non fiction tv that investigated consumer products (I don't remember what else, but they were always investigating and exposing wrong doing). Those same programs started focusing on murders and more murders. Let's solve the murder. Most of the time, if you don't want to watch a program about violence, there's nothing much to watch.

Quality in the form of the English language was in decline by at least the mid '80s when I was working in the office of a large university. We, the office staff, used to laugh along with the professors who brought in reams of term papers that were written on the level of an 8 year old. All you could do was laugh--it was that pathetic. They couldn't even string together a coherent sentence, let alone use correct grammar. Heaven forbid they spell a word correctly.

The junk that we now accept as food, when did that begin? And what about that which suffices for home furnishings now? Cheap, junk furniture. We buy a lot of things but we buy junk. Are people no longer able to differentiate?

We, in this country have become way too materialistic, buying more and more and more. Must have this, must have that. It's all about money and greed. People don't even care whether or not they buy quality, for the most part, as long as they buy stuff. More stuff. More greed. More showing off what you've bought.

Croatia won!
Could you give an example of such a TV show? What I remember from the 50s was the variety shows like Ed Sullivan, Red Skelton and such, also the quiz shows on prime time TV, and nutty stuff like "Candid Camera" and "Queen for a Day".

Depends on what you call "junk". Candy, popcorn, stuff like that has been around for a long time. Potato chips were invented in 1853. George Crum: Inventor of Potato Chips - EnchantedLearning.com

Do you mean like that cheap stuff you can get at that Swedish store, IKEA?

Old 07-07-2018, 03:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You watch too much news and American movies.

No code words at all.

Yes, all people are tribal and the USA is no different. But many times "tribe" has nothing to do with skin color.

No, there is no panic about legal immigration among most white Americans.

I was intrigued because we had another Clinton running and at some point earlier on, another Bush. We had career politicians, ones we're familiar with whose names come up all the time, then we had Trump. It was interesting, it was new.

There is of course more to it for me. His stance on illegal immigration was hugely appealing to me, for one. I like the idea of "put America first" too because I think we tend to forget our veterans, homeless, mentally ill, sick, poor in need at home. I think we, as a nation and as individual people, often tend to focus a lot on those in need in other countries, do things for others that may not always benefit us as much as it could or as we should be benefitted. So I do generally like the idea of putting America and Americans first. I think that's a very normal thing for people in a country to want, to be the number one priority of its government.

The idea that all Trump voters or supporters or even those who somewhat like him are racist, xenophobic, transphobic, homophobic, anti-immigration, etc. is really damaging and ignorant. And insulting. People really like to try to simplify Trump in general into one small, easy box of just BAD, but in reality it isn't like that, especially for his supporters or voters or again, those who maybe just don't hate him. Like with any other president in history, people can like some of what he stands for and does but not all of it, some of what he says or does but not all of it, etc. The divisiveness and hysteria since the election is just unreal, dramatic and way too much. It's damaging. People need to chill the hell out.

IMO a lot of the hate against him is manufactured and I think it's bizarre to see so much divisiveness and hate towards one person. Some people are like, "NO everything he does is bad and liking or supporting ONE thing is liking and supporting ALL evil, he is a HORRIBLE person!" Like, how dramatic, honestly? Have we REALLY gotten to that point?? But here we are.

And of course, all the talk of extreme-ness is just that - extreme. Most people don't buy into extreme ideas on any side. But extremists often scream the loudest and therefore look more powerful and popular than they are.

Me? I just don't buy into any dramatic, "we're doomed" talk. Like, Hillary wouldn't have made this country a horrible place, either. I didn't like her as a candidate and I don't like some of what she stands for but I would never act like her being elected is the actual end of the world.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:31 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Where in "the USA"? The crime rate is extremely low where I live.
That's like saying you don't believe in global warming because it' -15 in January.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-.../Violent-crime

Old 07-07-2018, 03:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That's like saying you don't believe in global warming because it' -15 in January.

Canada vs United States Crime > Violent crime Stats Compared

The US as a whole has a higher crime rate than Canada? Cool. But where I live is very safe so I don't care about overall numbers.

But don't worry, I know you love to feel superior here and that's really what this is about.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:39 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Don't buy into that... the bulk of American people "detest not just Trump but the Ideology that he espouses, and the conduct that he presents.

This is never going to happen....

America will not return to the racist ignorance of the 1950's where white people think American belongs only to them. This is never going to happen....

These insidious people would love to block the doors to schools again, stamping around like a mass of savages attacking people and trying to deny people their Civil Rights, and thinking that economic uplift is only for white people.

This place will burn to the ground before that ever happens again in this nation. Right Wing White Madness and the Savagery they engaged will not dominant and dictate over the multi cultural people of America, ever again !!!

Mexican people and other from Latin America that come here, "built the housing boom of the 1990's and early 2000's" these people come and they work. White people also are not going to go and pick the vegetables they want to see in the stores, but they cry and whine about Mexican migrant workers, but at no time will any of these right wing white people pick their own vegetable, or do a great many other jobs that Mexicans do.

I've watched Construction Project with mostly white men, and they take forever to complete it, and its always cost over runs, because they bleed it to death with change orders, until they use low grade materis trying to over squeeze profits. The Mexicans, built up the housing in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and many other places and they did it in record time. Because "they work" and they know how to work".

They also are smart, they bought up the cities when the white people ran to the new developments, and the Mexicans bought it, and gained political power in those cities... and white people can't stand it, but the Mexican people work to improve their community, they are family minded people and they pursue education for their children.. Don't listen to this Right Wing Race Madness.... It was explained what that white racist madness is, when it is claimed they want to return to "1950's" These old baby boomer and their offspring's still think they can ride on Post World War II glory, and white dominance.

All you have to do is look up America in the 1950's and you will find devastation cast upon and against minorities, women and every kind of vile act one could imagine. They even went so far as to try and public a litany of madness, trying to proclaim themselves superior, and as time has show... that is not the case and never was the case and never will be the case. They just have a level of Savage Aggression, and obsession of material measure, until they are like driven by and drive to engage savagery to get it.
Its all "documented" .... and research reveals the truths....

White people have been living off of others and have the audacity to talk about getting off the ass. That's the ignorance that many are filled with.

Minorities have paid taxes for generations, during slavery black people were taxed 100% and where was that tax money directed? it was directed to build up white communities, not equality across American ethnic peoples communities. White people whine and cry now, because they have to pay tax for what they want, when they have a history of using other non white peoples tax, to keep the tax rate low, for what they themselves want. Now we have a system of computer data, that can present the imbalance in usage, and they can no longer direct everything only to themselves and their community.
The bulk users of public service in this country is white people, but they complain about it, only because they have a 1950's mentality of thinking no tax money should benefit minorities. if you go to the FBI crime stat's you will also find that the highest crime is created by white people.
Why would America Return to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJg50NlwgkU

You said you have been on this site for a while, so you know what exist here.... and the documented History is easly found on the internet to get the real truths....

Let's open perspective, England is not a Model Entity, and that is highly visible in the House of Parliament.
Sooooooooo........ you don't like white people then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies