Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2018, 02:49 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,458,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
the England team are playing in the World Cup.......
Thank God for Kane! Just five more minutes, lads!!!

Crap. Spoke too soon.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:04 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,085,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Religion is very, very important to Americans .

Usa is also the birth place of two of the worlds most powerful religions, Mormons and Scientology,
Both invented by mad men , one in 1860 and the other in 1950's , both religions that demands it's followers to suspend their rational thinking ( well, all religions do that but these two more so ) Americans embraced both these religions with gusto. One religion invented so an adult man could get away with molesting young girls and the other to create riches for Ron Hubbard. There are actual quotes from Hubbard to this effect and even so, millions of followers for both. All it would take is for people to inform themselves about these two religions before joining but even that is too much of a challenge for most people.
Americans in general love to be fooled , they willingly sign up in hopes of what I don't know but after having
lived here for forty years it is now clear to me that Americans have a bit stronger acceptance of con men than most of the rest of the world.
The results speaks for themselves because here we are with a con man in
the WH and don't you dare question their devotion to the lies that come out of his mouth because they want to be lied to. It is in the dna I suspect.
The Mormon religion has changed significantly since its birth. My husband's family is Mormon, and they're as normal as it gets...aside from not drinking coffee, of course. Let's not compare it to Scientology lol.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:57 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,457,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Having lived on your fair isle and with reverence for your verve I would bite my tongue my new friend.

We adore our President and unlike your whole nepotistic kinky blinders thing you all wear on your sleeves the United Kingdom is a pretty and charming place.

As I said, cool the passive aggressive "we like you bs" and truly celebrate our freedom from your country of choice.

Cheers.
Is that the royal we?

I have never heard the word adore applied to a president. I don't like nor respect the grifter-in-chief.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:00 PM

26,273 posts, read 8,384,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Thank God for Kane! Just five more minutes, lads!!!

Crap. Spoke too soon.
We won in the end. Made hard work of it though......... We're in the last 8.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:01 PM

15,759 posts, read 14,364,128 times
Life is competition. Competition isn't always friendly or pretty. But it's absolutely necessary. The winners need to win and be dominant. The losers need to lose and either be dominated or just go away. We've tried to isolate ourselves from this, but it's proving unsuccessful. The only way to improvement is competition.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:02 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,458,472 times
Quote:
We won in the end. Made hard work of it though......... We're in the last 8.
That game raised my blood pressure. I just got back from three weeks there, so I'm team England all the way.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:06 PM

17,352 posts, read 13,092,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That poster didn't share the link, and probably disagrees with it.

You are eating your own.
Maybe my English is really bad after graduating college (when English was actually taught)

What the Hell are you saying?

Old 07-03-2018, 04:06 PM

24,462 posts, read 33,147,114 times
Quote:
This moment will have to be in the film.........
This buffoon is leader of the USA? But, he does mention God in his speeches........
"Buffoon leader" is an opinion. He made a lot of anti-Trump people buffoons with his accomplishments.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,457,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So now we've moved the cruelty goalposts to religion, specifically one religion, and specifically to only those followers of that religion who also happen to vote Republican? That makes America uniquely cruel? Christians who vote Republican?

Do I have that about right?

Is that the new moving target for cruelty?
Look, there's something not right with people who are members of a particular branch of christianity who look other people in the eye & tell those people who belong to other branches of christianity that they aren't christian. I don't like those people trying to get their religious views codified into law.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM

26,273 posts, read 8,384,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Life is competition. Competition isn't always friendly or pretty. But it's absolutely necessary. The winners need to win and be dominant. The losers need to lose and either be dominated or just go away. We've tried to isolate ourselves from this, but it's proving unsuccessful. The only way to improvement is competition.
Survival of the fittest. Dog eat dog........ just like the link says!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies