Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 08:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If I were Sarah, I would seriously consider not eating in restaurants for a long time unless she is absolutely sure whomever is in the kitchen likes her political lies. Just sayin.
Wow that sounds like a threat!

Why would anyone even have something like that on their mind.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:27 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,068 times
Is this for real? A recording saying it is Red Hen Restaurant.

https://www.facebook.com/FableBeardC...2MjAzOTc2NTk4/

Old 06-24-2018, 08:38 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Why would anyone even have something like that on their mind.
Someone as certifiably nuts as the person you quoted would.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:41 PM

30,351 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If I were Sarah, I would seriously consider not eating in restaurants for a long time unless she is absolutely sure whomever is in the kitchen likes her political lies. Just sayin.
I agree, furthermore, there is no reason to force Republicans to live and work in The Swamp....I very strongly urge President Trump to grant all Republicans the right to leave and work from a location that is not entirely peopled with the hateful violent leftist mob.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:05 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,548 times
On the menu...Special of the day: One large helping of Karma with a side of reality and a slice of humble pie!

Old 06-24-2018, 09:30 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,178 times
management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone

Old 06-24-2018, 09:35 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
On the menu...Special of the day: One large helping of Karma with a side of reality and a slice of humble pie!
Yep, that restaurant is going to be raided and shut down.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

these are opinions, and they may be right, but until it runs through the courts, they are still just opinions.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,255,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Not at all. The owner came to the restaurant after getting a call about Sanders being there. The owner asked her staff how they felt about serving her. She has many gays on her staff and they said given the WH stance on gays in the bakery lawsuit, they did not want to continue to serve her. The owner spoke to Sanders in private explaining how the staff felt. She comped the table of 7 for their drinks and appetizers.

The owner handled this well. More Americans need to stand up to the policies of this administration when they can. Most of us can't as we are unlikely to run into them. But we must cheer those who do this for us.

Appeasement is never the answer, just ask France.
Ok, so gays in the service industry can feel "justifiably" uncomfortable serving folks whose politics they don't agree with, but no one can feel "justifiably" uncomfortable serving gays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The fact that the owner of a small (29 seats) restaurant chooses to not serve a party of 7 presumably big spenders, shows the disdain real Americans have for POTUS and all who associate with him. Cheers to the owner!
What is shows is how liberal/democrats are hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Maybe she saw her as a fatty and wanted to give her a few extra days to live instead of her dying from heart disease.
SHS isn't fat.

You're a fat shamer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The guy with the stupid cap was kicked out for being belligerent.
No, he was not.

Quote:
SHS was kicked out because “We don’t serve your kind here.”
And you and your fellow kind are good with it. So sad.

Quote:
I’m surprised any of the Trump team dines out. Restaurant kitchen staff tend to be Hispanic. I believe that’s why the two chefs backed out of opening restaurants in Trunp’s DC hotel.
You mean restaurant staff tends to be illegal Mexicans.

Quote:
Who knows what is going into your meal when you eat food prepared by those who despise you.
And that's ok with you?

You'd be whining & there would be protests if a restaurant server spit in food ordered by a liberal/democrat/black person/gay person.

But if you aren't a liberal/democrat in 2018 - eat out at your own risk?

You and your ilk are REGRESSING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I wouldn't do it, but if she wants to tell her to leave it's her restaurant.
Things Business Owners Don't Do in this day and age 101: Chase business away. You keep your politics & religion to yourself.

If you don't? You end up like the "cake baker".

Adults who have common sense/business sense know this.

But in 2018? The idiot liberals/dems LOVE this. Shame on you hypocritical morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
She didn’t want to make her staff uncomfortable. This administration perpetuates division, meanness, bigotry, and hatred. This is all offensive to the restaurant staff.

The owner’s reasoning is pretty admirable.
You go to work to get paid. Not to play politics.

How do restaurants exist in DC?

Obama, Michelle & either jerk of a Clinton were probably served many meals by restaurant staff members who couldn't stand them.

But this owner's gotta take care of the "staff's feelers"? At the "Red Hen"?

Pathetic excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'd like to know how the dems are going to spin this one. They were quick to pounce on the Christian baker for not wanting to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, but they are silent for this. Either way, it's still the restaurant's choice in my view.
Restaurant's owner's choice?

Over politics that she has backwards (as most libs/dems DO).

I'm not going to serve you because you make my gay staff uncomfortable?

When did "feelings" take over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I love seeing Trump officials getting mess thrown back in their faces. Their days assaulting the USA are numbered.
What mess?

Your side is a bunch of hypocritical idiots who are the ones "assaulting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Is there something wrong with individuals standing up for their own morals now?

Not to change the world, but to be true to themselves?

Seems most conservatives make decisions based on economics only. That's hardly moral. But, morals have gone out the window since the cheeto was elected.
Cake bakers weren't about politics, it was about their religion.

That the left shoots down.

The left doesn't like moral standards - stay out their uterus', bedrooms, communes, man buns, wife-swapping circles, polyamory loving pods, breast feeding clubs for those who BF a kid until it's 13 years old, etc.

No "moral standards" in the Red Hen for this decision....just a bunch of Trump Hate trickling down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Denying service to someone for being themselves is discrimination. Denying service to someone for being a horrible human being is karma.
I think Obama is a horrible human being.

How do you think that would work out if I denied him service?

Given the fact he's black, a liberal...and I'm neither?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The hypocrisy of the right supporting a baker from Colorado but not a restaurant owner from VA.

I guess the right only cares about freedom of speech when it suits their purpose.
No...it's the hypocrisy of the left supporting this idiot restaurant owner and not the cake baker.

Quote:
Kinda like being Pro life except for when it comes to the death penalty, or not supporting kids health programs after forcing these unwanted babies to be born
You mean kinda like being pro-abortion when against the death penalty (how much does it cost, per year, to keep an inmate incarcerated vs. the cost of a raising a kid?), or supporting kids health programs with other people's monies for those who couldn't figure out how NOT to have kids they couldn't afford after the first abortion/kid? Abortion isn't illegal, and condoms are cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My DD is a business owner, a pretty successful one. Her strict rule is, "No political talk or opinions on the premises." By the employees (and family), that is. But she gets customers who out of the blue spout off political rhetoric, some contrary to her own, others that she agrees with (she's an avid Trump voter and supporter who hated Hillary and Obama). She just smiles and keeps her mouth shut, or makes a noncommittal comment if a response is expected...all while ringing up their purchases. She's the same way with customers who are very religious and bring up Jesus. quote scripture to her, or ask if she's a Christian. She's a hard core atheist, but she'll smile or vaguely nod, or say nothing. Customers are NEVER to be offended.

She feels politics and religion have no place in business.
She's right.

They don't.

I don't do "politics" at my business. I own the property my business sits on and I call every politician who plants a sign on my property to remove it. I used to just toss them in the dumpster, but a new one would show up a day or two later. I had one send her "team" out to clean up the leaflets one of her runners dumped in my (private) parking lot, after his drug addict arse cashed his campaign "work" check.

As I think I mentioned, how do restaurants in DC survive?

You do your damn job and ****.

If you are too thinned-skin to deal? Find another industry to work in & good luck.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:53 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,848 times
The reality is that DC is unsafe for all known Republicans. It's a lost cause, I would advise that it be abandoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies