Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 05:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times

Advertisements

Back in 2016, restaurant owners were afraid that Trump victory would cause all Hispanic workers to quit and Rosey O'donnell would move to Canada.

Why didn't they?

Because liberals are big on threats but nothing but annoying flies.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
this doesnt always happen, but a couple of trump supporters leave big tip for liberal waitress;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXsi0WNx-j4

Old 06-27-2018, 05:09 PM

348 posts, read 255,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've added many to ignore as they just don't get it. They can't think for themselves and only subscribe to the Liberal talking points. It's no wonder my party is in such disarray as they are alienating many of us that have been long time Democrats.h The Facebook page - hashtag WalkAway has some incredible stories of what other Democrats ave been subjected to by those of their own party.

I've stayed a Democrat as not all Democrats think like those on the forum and I want the best and responsible candidate to represent my party but with the left wing fringe exhibits - I'm losing my patience.
Thank you!

I read some of the tweets and it is eye opening to see many democrats that are tired and angry with the direction of the Dem party. MSM is doing many democrats a disservice. I have always been an independent and always voted the person, not the party.

Oh, I actually went to twitter instead of FB but the stories are still intriguing.

Last edited by littlebebe; 06-27-2018 at 05:33 PM..

Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They should have been rational too. I kind of feel bad for how disastrous this has become for them all. This is what we all should fear in this day of online mobs - instant ruin. This woman went from happy restaurant owner and pillar of the community to hero/pariah (depending who you ask), with threats to her business and person, her business shut down indefinitely, and now a former chair of a local Chamber of Commerce group. And all because they couldn't be civil to someone they disagree with and an employee had to virtue signal that they did this to Sarah Sanders.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just serve the family?
That's the problem with moral convictions....they're never easy to stand up for.

I get the sense from reading the articles that she actually thought hard about what she was going to do, consulted her staff, then approached Sanders in a calm manner. She explained that she and her staff disagreed with the policies of the administration and that at some point you have to take a stand. It would seem that Sanders acted very correctly in that she said she understood and left quietly. Kudos to her for that behaviour.

I agree with her resigning her chairperson position on the Chamber of Commerce as Chairpersons are supposed to behave impartially towards issues of discussion and in this regard she could hardly claim impartiality at any future meeting where anything related to Republican party policy and the manner in which they would apply to commercial enterprises in her town. Chairing a meeting of any kind usually requires you to relinquish the chair if you desire to speak either for or against some issue being discussed. The sole manner in which any chairperson should be confined to any display of prejudice is the ability to cast the deciding vote.

She really had no choice but to resign her position if she placed any value on the requirements and limits of that duty.

Now; if it turns out there is some truth to this lady following the family to another restaurant and continuing to belabour her point in a more public and antagonistic manner ….all bets are off. She had already made her point. Taking it further is the stuff of "bullying" and that's supposedly what she espouses to be against.

We'll have to see what a few more days of investigating reveals as to whether Mike Huckabees assertions are real or manufactured.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:25 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Nobody is blaming the entire town. That is ridiculous. As far as reviews the ones since 6/23 are mostly bogus. Yelp will be removing them this week end.

A lot of the people in Lexington work in Roanoke. Half hour drive down 81. It also does not just survive off of tourism. VMI , Washington and Lee and Southern University is a big source of revenue. Across 81 is Buena Vista which has a large logging company and an industrial A/C factory.
Please get with the program - the reviews on TRIP ADVISOR are not bogus - the ones on Yelp yes - both the positive and negative - but Trip Advisor is a totally different site that has not been compromised by this BS.

Lexington does survive on tourism - from not only of the parents of those attending VMI and Washington and Lee but those who visit due to it's historical background. I'm familiar with the area due to my son's acceptance at VMI. Most of those parents are not liberals - which means it would adversely affect the economy should they lump the rest of the businesses in with the Red Hen.

People are too quick to respond without doing their due diligence and READING.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:31 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this doesnt always happen, but a couple of trump supporters leave big tip for liberal waitress;

TY for that - have to say I'm teary eyed! To see a connection of Americans vs party lines is awesome. I'm hoping others here will think twice before commenting!

Old 06-27-2018, 05:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,434,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That's the problem with moral convictions....they're never easy to stand up for.

I get the sense from reading the articles that she actually thought hard about what she was going to do, consulted her staff, then approached Sanders in a calm manner. She explained that she and her staff disagreed with the policies of the administration and that at some point you have to take a stand. It would seem that Sanders acted very correctly in that she said she understood and left quietly. Kudos to her for that behaviour.

I agree with her resigning her chairperson position on the Chamber of Commerce as Chairpersons are supposed to behave impartially towards issues of discussion and in this regard she could hardly claim impartiality at any future meeting where anything related to Republican party policy and the manner in which they would apply to commercial enterprises in her town. Chairing a meeting of any kind usually requires you to relinquish the chair if you desire to speak either for or against some issue being discussed. The sole manner in which any chairperson should be confined to any display of prejudice is the ability to cast the deciding vote.

She really had no choice but to resign her position if she placed any value on the requirements and limits of that duty.

Now; if it turns out there is some truth to this lady following the family to another restaurant and continuing to belabour her point in a more public and antagonistic manner ….all bets are off. She had already made her point. Taking it further is the stuff of "bullying" and that's supposedly what she espouses to be against.

We'll have to see what a few more days of investigating reveals as to whether Mike Huckabees assertions are real or manufactured.
Mike Huckabee. Fake news.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:34 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please get with the program - the reviews on TRIP ADVISOR are not bogus - the ones on Yelp yes - both the positive and negative - but Trip Advisor is a totally different site that has not been compromised by this BS.

Lexington does survive on tourism - from not only of the parents of those attending VMI and Washington and Lee but those who visit due to it's historical background. I'm familiar with the area due to my son's acceptance at VMI. Most of those parents are not liberals - which means it would adversely affect the economy should they lump the rest of the businesses in with the Red Hen.

People are too quick to respond without doing their due diligence and READING.
I lived in the area for 13 years. I know it well. I had clients in Lexington (nothing to do with tourism). This will only affect the Red Hen.

So you think parents will pull their sons out of VMI because of this? Or when they visit they'll say lets go out to dinner but not in Lexington? That is the argument you are making.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:39 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
Thank you!

I read some of the tweets and it is eye opening to see many democrats that are tired and angry with the direction of the Dem party. MSM is doing many democrats a disservice. I have always been an independent and always voted the person, not the party.
No one with any sense would suggest those behaving outside acceptable norms, even during an organized protest, represent the entirety of either party currently holding sway in America.

Outside observers with no dog in the hunt would very quickly put paid to that notion. Both parties have their proven history of more than enough instances of egregious behaviour on the part of some of them.

An awakening is happening now. I sense that in the same manner a good number of Americans felt mobilized to express their disgust with the status-quo in politics and elections by voting in protest; there is now a rumbling that people are fed up with the party politics taking priority over good old fashioned common decency, intelligence and what should be deemed acceptable as representative politics.

There is an ever increasing groundswell of expressions of disgust towards the offensive behaviour within both parties by the minority of aggressors.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:44 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

I’m not surprised. She seems like a happy, outgoing sort, and he is a Texan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies