Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 09:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Duh, politicians lie. How old are you? What does he gain by lying about this? What?
I 'll take this one.
... Sympathy for his daughter , distraction from her complicity in kidnapping children from their mothers ,and further Trumps mission to slander and vilify the "others" which is any body who speaks badly of him .

Old 06-27-2018, 09:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Duh, politicians lie. How old are you? What does he gain by lying about this? What?
Making the owner seem more vile. By the owners account it was a civil conversation with Sarah. Daddy wants to make something more of it.

It is simple. Have a proper account of it. Maybe there is but I havent seen it. Daddy said they went across the street to "another restaurant". First off there is no restaurant across the street. The Red Hen is off the main drag where most restaurants in Lexington are. Secondly, what is the second restaurants name?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:59 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Making the owner seem more vile. By the owners account it was a civil conversation with Sarah. Daddy wants to make something more of it.

It is simple. Have a proper account of it. Maybe there is but I havent seen it. Daddy said they went across the street to "another restaurant". First off there is no restaurant across the street. The Red Hen is off the main drag where most restaurants in Lexington are. Secondly, what is the second restaurants name?
I just can't believe how you people think, or don't, in fact.

There is NO NEED to make her seem more vile, she did a fine job of that all by herself! Did you see the "virtue" sign in her window? Do her ugly actions line-up with it? Did she set a good example for her child and her younger employees by such selfish, immature obnoxiouness? Did she represent her community well? Has she come to her senses, realized her terrible errors (all of the above) and put forth a mega public apology and encourage people to be accepting and tolerant? The answers are: NO.

That's how true adulthood works, vacoder. Apparently, you've never witnessed it. (It is in short supply in this era, admittedly.) Anyone with a real moral compass and a conscience wouldn't have done what she did and, if somehow they did, they'd eventually recognize it and make proper amends.

She already is VILE, no further evidence needed from anyone else.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:

There is NO NEED to make her seem more vile, she did a fine job of that all by herself! Did you see the "virtue" sign in her window? Do her ugly actions line-up with it? Did she set a good example for her child and her younger employees by such selfish, immature obnoxiouness? Did she represent her community well? Has she come to her senses, realized her terrible errors (all of the above) and put forth a mega public apology and encourage people to be accepting and tolerant? The answers are: NO.

That's how true adulthood works, vacoder. Apparently, you've never witnessed it. (It is in short supply in this era, admittedly.) Anyone with a real moral compass and a conscience wouldn't have done what she did and, if somehow they did, they'd eventually recognize it and make proper amends.

Ok. First off show me where I ever say that what she did was smart of even something I would do. You will not find that but you did not even bother to look, That is something adults would do to use your condescending words. Apparently understanding is something yor are in short supply of.

The only opinion I offered on the matter is that I believe a business owner can refuse service to anyone for any reason other than a protected class. Most times it is not very smart and something that should rarely be done. This is really not much different than the Colorado baker. Ironically back in 2009 there was a similar baker incident that refused service to Joe Biden. That was a mere 40 minutes from the Red Hen in Radford Va..

If this owner wants to risk her business to make a political statement well that is her right. Its constitutional.

You seem to want to suppress that right. Sorry if I am not on board with that childish notion.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
I posed questions to you in Post #708.

Meanwhile, how can you be serious expecting other Huckabee/Sanders family members to continue talking about this? THAT makes no sense and Dems would be screaming to the high heavens if they were. They would declare them to be bullying, trying to ruin her business, being partisan and on and on. The country is well familiar with the hysteria the Left drums-up when someone merely looks sideways.

Why don't you think about what the heck Daddy Huckabee has to gain by LYING? What does he lose if exposed for LYING? Is that difficult to discern?

Please focus on helping crazed, nasty, bigots like Stephanie Wilkinson heal from their hatred and hypocrisy.
Cited post 708

Quote:
Respectfully, if you put even half the energy that you are in trying to debunk what happened after the Sanders party left that restaurant into trying to wake-up your comrades to their breathtaking hypocrisy and nasty treatment of people --- you would likely accomplish something worthwhile!

Did you see virtue-signaling sign in the Red Hen window? Did you? How do you reconcile their need to preach to the outside world while behaving in EXACTLY the opposite manner? Write that owner a letter and explain her ghastly hypocrisy to her --- that would be a good use of your time.
I have no idea what "virtue signaling sign" was in the window. But I doubt its relevance. Sanders and her family entered after all.

Actually I am simply noting that aside from Sanders only her father has talked with no corroboration from anywhere...neither family or witnesses. I have not even said he is wrong. Merely that his story has no one else backing it up.

Huckabee is a politician. I have no where accused him of lying...but one reason is to attempt to lay a much bigger liability on the Red Hen owner. She was wrong but rather polite about her incivility. He is trying to break that. A very civil and polite attacker is harder to deal with than an angry and vile one.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:25 PM

23,555 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
COOOOLLL story mate.

Yet Repubs LOVED it when Biden was refused at a bakery...

In Ryan and the Republican had the dude do speeches etc ..

You guys LOVED it when it was your side doing it to the left, now you hate it....hypocritical 8000...
Did Sanders ask the owner to do a photo op that would be used for the campaign and shown nationwide, and would make it appear that the owner was a Trump supporter? No.
Did the baker force Biden or his minions to leave the bakery? No.
If you owned a restaurant/bakery and Trump came to you wanting to do a photo op that would be used for his campaign you would probably say no, right? But if Bernie or hillary, whoever you were for, had come asking you the same question then you'd probably do it, right? If that happened to you then you have the right to choose who you want to be seen as supporting, right? Why does the baker not have that same right, according to you?.

Why does the left always want to control other peoples lives?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Ok. First off show me where I ever say that what she did was smart of even something I would do. You will not find that but you did not even bother to look, That is something adults would do to use your condescending words. Apparently understanding is something yor are in short supply of.

The only opinion I offered on the matter is that I believe a business owner can refuse service to anyone for any reason other than a protected class. Most times it is not very smart and something that should rarely be done. This is really not much different than the Colorado baker. Ironically back in 2009 there was a similar baker incident that refused service to Joe Biden. That was a mere 40 minutes from the Red Hen in Radford Va..

If this owner wants to risk her business to make a political statement well that is her right. Its constitutional.

You seem to want to suppress that right. Sorry if I am not on board with that childish notion.
Good grief, did you hit the bong tonite? You tried to position Daddy Huckabee as, maybe, wanting to make her seem more vile. Apparently, it needed to be explained to you that she was plenty vile all on her own. He gains nothing by fabricating a story.

Now, you're in the weeds justifying this junk based on other occurrences. Clear your head. They have no bearing on this and how about stop with the legal crap. That is not for us to settle. The national conversation since this happened is about her conduct and beliefs as related to morality, decency and responsibility. Is that whole line of awareness unfamiliar to you?

Btw, there is NO apples-to-apples equivalence with the dang baker situation, don't you get that? Really?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:

Careful there. You're resorting to form now. You're flirting with destroying that meme of the respectful Republican versus vile hateful libturds.

The restaurant owner's moral compass along with discussions with her staff resulted in this and so far it's Republican backlash reflecting poorly on themselves they need to worry about.

You're spouting nonsense faster than you can make it up using words like "ugly", "obnoxiousness" when in point of fact Sarah herself described the conversation as civil and quiet.

Your posts are the veritable over emotive poster child of intolerance.

A woman exercised her rights to object to Sanders role in the administration of lending credibility and support to someone (using all of your adjectives here) who is selfish, immature, has never apologized for personal infractions and is demonstrating daily he is incapable of being accepting and showing tolerance.

There is now available a far better target for any lessons on morality and ethics you might wish to teach. I would suggest you start there, as that's the genesis of all of this current state of affairs.

All of this over the top blowback does not reflect well on the loudest of the loud.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Good grief, did you hit the bong tonite? You tried to position Daddy Huckabee as, maybe, wanting to make her seem more vile. Apparently, it needed to be explained to you that she was plenty vile all on her own. He gains nothing by fabricating a story.

Now, you're in the weeds justifying this junk based on other occurrences. Clear your head. They have no bearing on this and how about stop with the legal crap. That is not for us to settle. The national conversation since this happened is about her conduct and beliefs as related to morality, decency and responsibility. Is that whole line of awareness unfamiliar to you?

Btw, there is NO apples-to-apples equivalence with the dang baker situation, don't you get that? Really?
I understand lots of things. First is that you chose not to address any of my points as an adult. All your are capable is hurling insults. You did not even address the fact that THERE IS NO RESTAURANT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE RED HEN.

Obviously conversation with your like is futile.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Cited post 708

I have no idea what "virtue signaling sign" was in the window. But I doubt its relevance. Sanders and her family entered after all.

Actually I am simply noting that aside from Sanders only her father has talked with no corroboration from anywhere...neither family or witnesses. I have not even said he is wrong. Merely that his story has no one else backing it up.

Huckabee is a politician. I have no where accused him of lying...but one reason is to attempt to lay a much bigger liability on the Red Hen owner. She was wrong but rather polite about her incivility. He is trying to break that. A very civil and polite attacker is harder to deal with than an angry and vile one.
Well, then you remain uninformed about this story, it seems. Here I looked up the images for you.
Sign: Lexington overwhelmed by protests after Sanders' visit to the Red Hen | Elmira

In the window: https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...4973a0e96.html

Do you really care about wasting energy trying to dispute claims of what happened after when this nasty, hypocrite made clear she wanted 7 people to leave in the middle of their meal for no other reason than she decides she doesn't like a woman she doesn't even know? Wouldn't you rather write her a letter and ask her why she doesn't live her signage and be more accepting and tolerant and inclusive?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brusan -- there is a bunch of words in your post but they made no cogent point and random accusations were flung about so, there's no reason to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies