Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:50 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That is incorrect. A waiter posted it on his Facebook, including a picture of the chalkboard with notes for the day staff stating “Sarah Huckabee Sanders -86”. It went viral. It was only after receiving inquiries from the press that Sanders responded.
I just made the same point, but didn't see the above until just now getting to this point in the thread.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:02 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I think it was more a mistake of identifying the wrong B&B, or of the guy trying to get his B&B in the news by falsely identifying that they went there. Wouldn't be the first time someone lied to get on TV news.
I listened to it again. The owner of the B&B merely said he hosted the Huckabee crowd; not that he served them dinner. It sounds like he was not a witness to anything. In an article he stated that he expected SHS to say in a press conference how wonderful their stay was in his B & B. So the second restaurant is still an unknown.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
She didn’t want to make her staff uncomfortable. This administration perpetuates division, meanness, bigotry, and hatred. This is all offensive to the restaurant staff.

The owner’s reasoning is pretty admirable.
Re the bolded...How do you know?

All we know directly from the article the OP linked is that the owner says her staff told her that they opposed two policy stances, and didn't want to serve SHS.

While it may be accurate, the bolded is pretty much your feelings based extrapolation from what is stated in the article.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I could understand that position if you were not saying some peoples behaviour was logically pushing you to a group of more logical people. But conservative posters here dont give you pause ? If indeed your a democrat for fourty years you can be objective and logicaly think about what you value. Values matter. Democrats are not perfect. But we are better for the country. Its a big tent where there is a lot of tension and comperting positions. In a way I did the same things years ago and became a conservative for almost a decade. Yet, I remained objective and never fully swallowed the conservative dogma.
In your opinion.

(and I'm not a Republican.....if anything, what's best for the country, IMO, probably lies outside both major parties)

Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
you cant prove it didnt happen, grats on stupid circular logic. fairly typical of unhinged libs these days

have you talked to that owner/server of the B&B yet?
There are some people who, even if the testimony was under oath in a court, with the witness subject to perjury laws, would never accept what they say as truth if it goes against their own beliefs. This is the case here, I am certain.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
So to sum up:

Mike Huckabee is the only one claiming that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was harassed as she either crossed the street to a nonexistent restaurant or walked two blocks to an unknown restaurant. Correct?

All other accounts are that she was quietly asked to leave and she did so with her and her husband returning to their B&B while the rest of the party proceeded to some other restaurant. No reports of any harassment at either restaurant.

No snotty insults need be involved.

You either believe Mike Huckabee.

Or you believe the rest of the known universe.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Perhaps this video will help shed some light on why liberals are acting so irrationally towards Trump and his supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0
If Trump ends up having a Presidential library....that video should be included.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 AM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Well, this thread/topic was going nowhere.

CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies