Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What part of "biological drive" did you miss? Whats selfish is wanting these people to have absolutely nothing. And everyone thinks they will do better eventually. They dont think "hey I want to bring a kid in that I will fail to support so it lives in poverty".

If I had waited until I absolutely knew I was financially secure enough I would have had no children. Instead I have a ton of kids and every year our situation improved.
We will never agree that it's not selfish to go with your biological drive, procreate and expect other people to pay the consequences. The children pay for it for the rest of their lives and people who had nothing to do with it pay for it.

The children aren't happy, the people paying for it aren't happy but hey, the parents are happy right?

Last edited by petch751; 07-05-2018 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 PM

33,308 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Nah. They'll be living out of cardboard boxes beneath bridges, foraging for their dinner in dumpsters, and will still be worshiping their God Emperor. That's how cultists think.
But they still manage to vote.

How is that?

We hear about people who don't drive, can't get an ID, etc...and other reasons their votes are surpressed....but we don't hear about those same people being homeless.

The people in the video (or people like them) must be voting.....Right?

Because you wouldn't hate them unless they were effectively canceling out your vote, and the votes of your friends...Right ?

Old 07-05-2018, 08:05 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Corporations also provide jobs

How many do the poor produce?
This has nothing to do with jobs. Do you know what welfare is? Giving welfare to Large corporations like big oil isn’t going to produce anymore jobs. Do some research on it. Don’t close your mind to something you aren’t familiar with.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This has nothing to do with jobs. Do you know what welfare is? Giving welfare to Large corporations like big oil isn’t going to produce anymore jobs. Do some research on it. Don’t close your mind to something you aren’t familiar with.
And what do you think Democrats do? It's all about money and the little guy, the poor, the middle class even upper middle class didn't stand a chance as big business and the rich skirted around Obama's tax increase. Seriously, learn more about the tax law and you'll understand more.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What part of THE PILL did you miss? Of course they don't think I want to bring children into poverty, they obviously don't think about the kind of life the kid will have (selfish), especially if they are already on welfare. They just go with their biological drive (don't use the pill) and everyone else pays the price. Even people who really need the help pay the price.
But some people just aren’t very bright. That doesn’t mean Americans want to see their children begging in the street like its Calcutta or something.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:06 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your statement is a half-truth at best. What sources did you use to make this claim?

Income Distribution by Party

These images were produced with public data and are subject to fair-use without having to first acquire permission from the copyright holder (per NPR), for the purpose of discussion.
No, it's the whole truth
Why are you using out dated data anyway?

Here is the data from the exit poll in 2016's Presidential Election...

https://www.cbsnews.com/elections/20...ent/exit-poll/

Here's the reported income by Party

2016 Party Identification Detailed Tables | Pew Research Center

Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Corporate Welfare being beneficial in any way...I simply said that corporations provide jobs, the poor do not. You simply didn't have a reasonable rebuttal to that point.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
almost all of them. Jobs are produced by demand. Not by production.
This is a poor attempt to make a point where there isn't one to make in return.

It's becoming painfully obvious that you're willing to say anything--even if it doesn't make a lick of sense--to stick to your personal convictions.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:36 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
So..."rewarded" with having to survive off food stamps, with little education, little income, and a drug addiction??

Would you switch places with her? No? Then its not much of a reward now is it?
This is what gets me....there being the type who have so much resentment that another may receive assistance and implying they should not be deserving of, but would they want to have lived in the other person's shoes?

Old 07-06-2018, 02:32 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Close to 100 BILLION A YEAR. In corporate welfare. When do these deficit hawks plan on cutting that out? Next stop Medicare and Social Security. What a loving Party....
I don't see it in the Federal Spending charts.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...tax-dollars-go

https://media.nationalpriorities.org...15_enacted.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies