Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:35 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelManiac View Post
And to do that we need 10 democrats to vote yes to change it...they refuse to so.
This is a lie. Anytime the Senate wants they can change the rules back to majority.

Of course...and I know this is hard to grasp...the Republicans could actually write legislation that is more broadly acceptable too. I know, crazy huh?

Old 06-26-2018, 02:36 PM

1,743 posts, read 990,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nope. Im suggesting that the current administration is incompetent by acting without taking the time and effort to understand the consequences. I thought that was clear.
Where was your outrage and love for the children during the last (Obama) administration?

Please take note of my source.

In 2013 Barack Obama Separated Thousands Of U.S.-Born Children From Parents

The Huffington Post reported:

Quote:
Immigration and Customs Enforcement last year carried out more than 72,000 deportations of parents who said they had U.S.-born children, according to reports to Congress obtained Wednesday by The Huffington Post.

The reports were sent by ICE in April to the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Senate Judiciary Committee, as required by law. ICE confirmed the authenticity of the two reports, which lay out 72,410 removals of immigrants who said they had one or more U.S.-born children in 2013.

Advocates for halting some deportations have pointed to cases involving parents of children who are U.S. citizens, saying parents should not be separated from their children except in extreme circumstances.

The reports show that even parents of U.S. citizens are among the hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants being expelled from the United States each year…
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5531552.html

(And yes, Obama had "child detention" cages which you and others tried to blame on Trump!)

Old 06-26-2018, 02:36 PM

23,440 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
If only they'd stayed home and respected out laws.
^^common sense!
Quote:
Ah yes, making it sound like breaking a minor laws deserves inhumane treatment. Reminds me of some of the worst atrocities in history, often justified via the exact same arguments.
Please post your comments, that you'd made in this forum few years ago, when obama gave the kids to child traffickers instead of to their parents.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Remind me again how much we are spending PER DAY to put these people up? This is the most foolish justification I have read yet.
it's a lot. what is your alternative? can they stay at your house?

Old 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,554 times
Quote:
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...er-current-law

Turns out that under law some mistakes can't be fixed. Who knew laws were so complicated?

As usual the ready, fire, aim style of governance (ie incompetence) of this administration continues.
Good, let the Mexicans handle it south of the border when we export them all. We need to shut down the country at once and stop all this dem bull**** that is aimed at taking down the prez.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:44 PM

764 posts, read 391,622 times
Mexico does not like our country. They do nothing to stop their people from coming here illegally. They don't care about their family's separating!

Old 06-26-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelManiac View Post
You mean write something that DEMOCRATS want...not gonna happen. So it IS true we need 10 democrat votes....as I said. President Trump has tried to get McConnell to lower it to simple majority but that has consequences when and if the democrats ever get back to power.
You ignored my first sentence. You should try reading it.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:50 PM

Its amazing how people keep repeating the same often repeated nonsense.

Let them stay at your house! (uhmm no I pay a ton in taxes to avoid that, but by far the cheapest choice is to let them stay with relatives or friends until they go to their court hearings-where the majority DO in fact show up)

Obama did it! No he did not. This is utter garbage-and most posting it know it. Come on folks, have a debate instead of yelling "gotcha" statements that are VERY misleading.

When I see nonsense like that, its clear you folks arent here to discuss a topic. You're hear to try and yell down a topic with nonsense. arguments that have been REPEATEDLY debunked.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:53 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
lmao. answering questions exposes the OP's faux outrage, so you'll never see them answered

no alternatives to offer, just shrieks of pretend, outraged indignation.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
Ah yes, making it sound like breaking a minor laws deserves inhumane treatment. Reminds me of some of the worst atrocities in history, often justified via the exact same arguments.
Minor laws, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies