Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 10:06 AM

46,861 posts, read 25,803,381 times

Advertisements

I guess the Trumpistas have decided that it's simply not happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 10:09 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,697,682 times
Fake News, alternative facts, and look over there at Melania's jacket!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:14 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,873,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump claimed, "mission accomplished!" after a few hours of a photo-op summit with a dictator known for lying and committing crimes against humanity.

I don't listen to what Trump says anymore, his words are used to enrage the left and appease the lowest common denominator in the Republican party. I'll judge him by his actions and results.

FYI, Bush never actually said mission accomplished. What he did say in that speech was:

"We have difficult work to do in Iraq."

And

"Our mission continues. Al-Qaida is wounded, not destroyed..."

And

"The war on terror is not over, yet it is not endless. We do not know the day of final victory, but we have seen the turning of the tide."

Old 06-27-2018, 10:18 AM

13,167 posts, read 21,738,727 times
North Korea has never claimed that would give up developing nuclear weapons, and I challenge anyone who disagrees to show the wording that shows otherwise.

The most you're going to find is that they support, "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula". That is intentionally vague wording that can be interpreted many different ways. If NK means they would give up their nukes, they would have said so. Nobody in the real world writes an important deal with such weasly wording. The agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 AM

14,463 posts, read 11,229,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump puts an end to military exercises in South Korea and North Korea responds by improving their nuclear programs Sound like a good deal to you?
I must have missed where the military exercises had ended. Can you share a link please?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,697,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
North Korea has never claimed that would give up developing nuclear weapons, and I challenge anyone who disagrees to show the wording that shows otherwise.

The most you're going to find is that they support, "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula". That is intentionally vague wording that can be interpreted many different ways. If NK means they would give up their nukes, they would have said so. Nobody in the real world writes an important deal with such weasly wording. The agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
Of course, but Trump has led his followers to believe that now we're all good with NK and they are no longer a danger. And they've believed him and have been crowing about how he will get a Nobel Peace Prize for this big nothingburger.

"Trump has done what no one else could do and took care of the NK problem." Umm, right.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,887,334 times
Quote:

In terms of a "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" agreement you are correct. It is worthless. But for Trump and Kim Jong-Un it's very valuable propaganda material. They can both go back to the base and claim that they came together in a "historical precedent". This was the intent of the charade from day 1. A non-nod wink-wink between Kim and Trump. And if there is evidence that NK is continuing to expand their nukes? Trump can always claim it is "fake news".

Old 06-27-2018, 10:57 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,493,588 times
Quote:

The most you're going to find is that they support, "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula". That is intentionally vague wording that can be interpreted many different ways.
No, it literally can't. Denuclearization of the Korean peninsula means just that... no nuclear arms on the Korean peninsula.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/denuclearize

Quote:
to remove nuclear arms from : prohibit the use of nuclear arms in
Unless North Korea is not part of the Korean peninsula, logic dictates they must remove nuclear weapons.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:20 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I must have missed where the military exercises had ended. Can you share a link please?
Good catch, yes...we need a link...

Old 06-27-2018, 11:25 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
O.K., lets say it is happening, the expansion....why would someone say that "look at this picture" see see see, they are still expanding, and NOT show a before picture to show the timeframe of exactly how fast they are expanding...

I'm not saying the paper is wrong, but to back up what you say, why not?

I find it amusing that the left is running with this (kinda like the Russian peeing hookers), with nothing other than a picture and ZERO to back up what the paper is stating...when the paper cannot even back it's own self up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies