Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 09:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
#AWALT is the reply to this default "guilty until proven innocent, because all men are bad" line of reasoning that gives #metoo the power to destroy lives and careers with merely an accusation and not a shred of proof.

So every #metoo story posted will get the #AWALT reply from me because if all men are guilty until proven innocent, then so are all women.
Funny, I look at each one of these with a "wait and see" attitude.

Because... able to see both sides of an issue.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:14 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
David Bowie deflowered a 15 y/o groupie (I'm sure there were many more). She claims it was great & wouldn't change it for the world. I'm still waiting for the #MeToo movement to demand he be removed from the R & R HOF & his recordings be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have no clue if she consented to sex with this guy or not, but what about dads teaching men not to rape women?

I mean, yes... women should be taught not to trust that a guy will be keeping his hands to himself, but should we not be teaching our sons not to rape women?
Well now we're back to the absent father issue, and the question of whether or not men are abandoning their children or women are kicking men out of the family.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Well now we're back to the absent father issue, and the question of whether or not men are abandoning their children or women are kicking men out of the family.
Women are equally responsible for teaching their sons not to rape women, though.

I agree that intact families are best if both parents are good, solid individuals who will enhance the child's life, but sometimes that sort of situation is bad for the child... parent who is abusive, unreliable, an addict, etc.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:27 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
David Bowie deflowered a 15 y/o groupie (I'm sure there were many more). She claims it was great & wouldn't change it for the world. I'm still waiting for the #MeToo movement to demand he be removed from the R & R HOF & his recordings be banned.
The Hall of Fame would be pretty thin if they got rid of all the musicians who had teen groupies.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:29 AM

13,957 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Funny, I look at each one of these with a "wait and see" attitude.

Because... able to see both sides of an issue.
Every person who has been #metoo'd was immediately and severely impacted based solely on the accusation.

I also look at all these cases with a wait and see attitude, but the people who employ the accused don't. Hardwick's financial life was instantly ruined when Dykstra #metoo'd him. AMC, all the events that had him appearing, etc...all sacked him the moment the accusation hit. Why? Becaue the default position anymore is if you do not denounce/distance/castigate the accused fast enough, you are defending the action they are accused of. AMC had to dump Hardwick because if they don't, they support rape. Said rape is alleged, cannot be proven and Hardwick completely denies any such thing occurring, but the accusation conferred guilt, guilt is accepted and now anyone who knows Hardwick must flee his area of effect immediately and vocally, lest they be guilty by association.

The accusation is the indictment, prosecution, judgment and sentencing all in one. We destroy the life first, and then "wait and see" later. The losing candidate in the last election made speeches aplenty about how all women should be believed no matter who they accuse and for what, except of course the small legion of women who accused that candidate's husband of stuff back in the 90s. We have senators and representatives, you know, the people who make laws, saying the same thing. That's kinda scary, when the political machinery decides to abandon "innocent until proven guilty" in this country.

And we have lives ruined over just the accusation, and exactly zero recompense once the accusation is found to be false. Hardwick will never be made whole, even though Dykstra is clearly mental and a vengeful axe grinder. Just this year alone he'll lose $millions that he'll never be able to recoup...just from the accusation of being a bad boyfriend.

So again, as long as there is a "destroy first, figure it all out later" attitude with the accusations, then my stock reply and thinking on the matter is #AWALT. Since all men are guilty of sexual assault until proven innocent, then all women are guilty of fraud, lying, gold digging and psycho ex-gf nonsense until proven innocent. What's good for the gander is good for the goose.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:39 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The Hall of Fame would be pretty thin if they got rid of all the musicians who had teen groupies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBaU6l1Lm8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies