Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 02:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you adjust for the number of abortions to get mortality rates the difference is even more striking. See below.

That is just raw numbers. See below.

The question is what is the rate per 100,000 legal abortions versus the rate for illegal abortions. I see you are ignoring my previous post using the 1972 figures you gave. Here it is again.

In 1985 more deaths were from legal abortion than illegal abortion, because by that time most abortions were done legally. The number of deaths from illegal abortion has declined because there is access to legal abortion.

It is uproariously funny that you think illegal abortion is safer than legal abortion. It is not. death from legal abortion is rare and the rate has declined significantly since Roe V. Wade.
And it is just sad that you think comparing illegal abortion stats in 1972 to legal abortion stats in 1985 means ... anything. It doesn't. Apples and oranges. But everyone knows you will support anything a doctor does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 02:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He was a criminal, why do you people want to watch a movie about a criminal? There was a doctor in Nevada who did colonoscopies with contaminated equipment and caused people to die too, he went to prison too. Does that make you want to watch a two hour movie of botched colonoscopies? I read about a woman who posed as a doctor and did brazilian butt lifts she got caught and went to prison, would it help to have a movie about botched butt lifts?
Geezus

Everyone has different taste in movies. Why would anyone want to watch a film about car crashes and explosions and gory special effects?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The late term abortions described in the article are already banned.

The Supreme Court could NOT stop a single abortion. They did allow the law that banned late term abortions to stand.

Overturning RvW doesn't stop a single abortion. It actually would allow states to allow late term abortions again.

I am Pro-life. Janelle, you are not.
That does not make sense.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It's a lucrative business for the abortionist.
So true and look how many billions PP has gained. Blood money.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That does not make sense.
Yes it does.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
As far as "back alley" abortions deaths, numbers are inflated, and most deaths were from a lack of antibiotics. After antibiotics were in regular use the number of deaths plummeted, just like every other death rate.

In fact in 1972, when it was illegal in 80% of the US, there were 39 deaths from "back alley" abortion. See:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001467.htm

Deaths from abortion in 1972 per the CDC:
24 were related to a legally induced abortion

were related to an illegal abortion

You were more likely to die from a LEGAL abortion in 1972.

This myth of millions of women dying every year from "back alley" abortions is just that: A MYTH.
these seem to dispute your statement...………

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/david...b_6324610.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/o...was-legal.html
https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/...st-be-prologue
When abortion was illegal

Hello?

Old 06-30-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Bull****. I've grown tired of the inflammatory abortion nonsense that Janelle posts all the damn time. Gosnell's clinic was a horror show, and the case was shocking, but his clinic was nothing like most clinics. I had an abortion at 21 weeks because of nonviability due to profound fetal defect, a story I've told many times at C-D. My experience was nothing like Janelle pretends every abortion must be. Not only was the staff professional, well-trained, and compassionate, but the facility was immaculate. I'm the daughter of an OB. I know the difference. Gosnell is in prison as he should be, but he is not the poster child of abortion providers.
This^ my daughter had an abortion because of a fetus with severe Spina bifida. Janelle has never even been close to such a devastating life experience...…….

Old 06-30-2018, 03:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cu...e-750-theaters
"After facing challenges in the media, the legal system, and Hollywood, a movie revealing the story of “America’s biggest serial killer” is set to hit theaters."
Good, they are getting the story out about Gosnell.
I'll bet you never heard of Gosnell much before this.

And, of course, this is irrelevant to the abortion debate. Your comment is as silly as if you were going to condemn polio vaccines because you found some doctor somewhere guilty of malpractice with them.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Interesting to see you run with my argument from a few weeks ago and I'm glad someone noted but keep it factual. No one argued that "millions of women died every year".

Facts and inflammatory hyperbole
You both missed an important fact spelled out at the link...……….."as reported" I'm sure every woman who had an illegal abortion was climbing over everyones back to report it to the CDC...….

Old 06-30-2018, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You both missed an important fact spelled out at the link...……….."as reported" I'm sure every woman who had an illegal abortion was climbing over everyones back to report it to the CDC...….
P.P. went on record that it was a safe procedure with very few deaths as far back as 1962. Not where I can find it right now but I will.

The majority of abortions pre-RVW were being done by the very same people who did them post R-RvW. They just did them after hours.

Dental surgery was far riskier in 1960 than it was in 1974. All surgery was.

Not all are reported today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies