Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 03:16 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,442,535 times

Advertisements

War should never be used as a course correction. Hopefully, he was just spewing idiotic emotions at that moment. I'm sure he found his sanity later.

I frankly like that fact that Trump seems more peaceful and we are doing the exact opposite of participating in wars all over the world for what we call eventual peace.

Obama killed more people in the name of peacekeeping than any other president. Not my thing.

I'm not a Trump supporter but I do support real peace. I don't like America acting like the worlds police force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 03:19 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, his threats are just his normal line of BS?
Who was launching missiles over Japan? Who collapsed their underground nuclear test facility?
Who made the threats first?

Old 06-30-2018, 03:28 PM

77,815 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hew immediately took back the "nuclear war" statement in his very next sentence. Of course, that did not stop Fox from using it as the headline.

Total crap. This is and example of biased reporting.

Full dialogue

I remember 2006. What happened is that George W. Bush, he put us in two disastrous wars and we were headed toward the biggest financial disaster since the Great Depression," Steyer said.

"So if the answer is that we need those three things to happen for a course correction, I'd prefer to move a little quicker," he added. "Maybe we can have, like, a nuclear war and then we get a real course correction."

Steyer quickly walked back the remark in the interview, stressing that he was hoping to spur Trump's impeachment to prevent "suffering" of Americans and others around the world.

"I should be a little bit more tempered: I take back that remark about nuclear war. The correction happened because the United States got screwed, and American citizens lost their houses and American citizens lost their lives," he said.

"We're trying to act expeditiously to avoid the suffering of American citizens," Steyer concluded.
He left out how Obama continued the Bush wars. Do you think they ended in 2008?

He also left out the loosening of the banking regulations that occurred with Republican house\senate and was signed by Bill Clinton....and lays it all in the lap of Bush lol.

Also, walking back the statement still shows his mindset. Upon saying it out loud, he realized how stupid it sounded but we've had tons of threads like that here over the past 2 years or so....and still no nuke war.

Please address my first two points in any response. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:33 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,655,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Talk about unhinged. Add “nuke war” to the list of tds wishes. People need to take a break and regain thier sanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gbx?li=BBnb7Kz

“Left wing billionaire Tom Steyer suggests in a Rolling Stone interview this week that “nuclear war” could provide a “course correction” for the U.S. following Donald Trump’s presidency”
What's tds an inside slur that's cool for corny people to use?

Old 06-30-2018, 03:33 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,461,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He left out how Obama continued the Bush wars. Do you think they ended in 2008?

He also left out the loosening of the banking regulations that occurred with Republican house\senate and was signed by Bill Clinton....and lays it all in the lap of Bush lol.

Also, walking back the statement still shows his mindset. Upon saying it out loud, he realized how stupid it sounded but we've had tons of threads like that here over the past 2 years or so....and still no nuke war.

Please address my first two points in any response. Thanks in advance.
Completely off topic. The issue was his use of the comment "nuclear war" for a course correction. Address how the article headline is misleading.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:35 PM

68,285 posts, read 54,079,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Who was launching missiles over Japan? Who collapsed their underground nuclear test facility?
Who made the threats first?

Who said the US should stop "paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves"?

Old 06-30-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Completely off topic. The issue was his use of the comment "nuclear war" for a course correction. Address how the article headline is misleading.
You quoted those portions in post #7.

I mean seriously, you brought up those very points in quotes, linked to an article mentioning them and then when challenged on it cry "off topic"?

I'm REALLY looking forward to you're non-reponse on this post lmfao.

Oh, and if you respond at all I'll just mock you and call it off-topic even though I brought it up.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Oh wow, sweet Baby J I'm sitting here laughing at you soooo hard right now. Thanks for that.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
What's tds an inside slur that's cool for corny people to use?
You were cool with it when it was Obama Derangement Syndrome.

It was accurate then as it is today but of course, you don't see it that way.

Now it's an unfair slur lol.

Sorry, but far right and left partisans are indeed deranged. OF COURSE that couldn't possibly be you.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:09 PM

46,174 posts, read 26,885,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean with anything but talk? The same thing the OP feigns such outrage over?

So, you're mad because one side said something bad, the other responded...and your pissed "the other" responded....with the same rhetoric...amazing.....

Old 06-30-2018, 04:15 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,372,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Give me a break. As though Trump has never said anything stupid or inane. At least he was smart enough to retract it quickly. Trump never retracts his utterances no matter how moronic.
The difference is that the President has the authority and privilege to say things that affect national security, whereas you and Steyer do not. Thus, Steyer's such utterances warrant apologies. Trump doesn't owe anyone an apology, least of all liberals, you, or Steyer. His word, no matter how moronic you think it is, is the word of the leader of the most powerful nation on planet Earth. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation who doesn't have top level security clearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies